Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:37   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pictures : Ferrari F430 Coupes/Spiders in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
If you go to Worli or the Sea Link at night you will see all kinds of people, in their Swifts, Zens, Esteems, Indicas and Elantras going well over a reasonable speed and putting themselves and the people around at risk. But these people are not caught and if they are it does not make the papers.
I have written to the press in regards to this. No sound..so not speeding is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
Personally, I feel that Mr.Maria and his force would be better off imposing stricter road safety upon all members of public rather than just targeting the boys with the big toys and trying to make a scene out of it. It is much more risky to see a guy in an Indian car doing 140 on the Sea Link as his friends are all hanging out of the window.
This would imply to the Mumbai police as well..they break the most laws. Off duty cops ride the bikes on the sea link to save time, break signals, talk on the phone while driving, drive on the wrong side of the road to save time, don't wear seat belts, speed and take illegal turns and u turns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Cancellation of driving license, thats so harsh.
I feel bad for the guy , its like being declared handicapped.
Can anyone of you shed light on if the cancellation of ones driving license is permanent or temporary ?
All this noise only because it was a Ferrari , we all better start driving tuned BMWs from now on.
This is ridiculous..forget harsh. The owner should take this matter to court. Firstly prove that he was speeding and under what sections does one have a right to revoke the registration and license. Its a fine for speeding and if the person has been found to be way above the speed limit then one point of the license is taken off world over. Was Mr.Maria roaming around with a speed gun..that he knows the car was doing 150kmph, if so then he himself should be fined as i say he was speeding too. As long as your vehicle is silently doing a 200kmph you are fine..you do a 50 kmph with noise and your an offender…strange but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Luckily the owner took down his Youtube channel long ago. Had it been noticed by the cops/ RTO earlier, much more stringent action would've been taken against him for the kind of lunacy he displayed with his previous car on the streets.
He took everything off from his last incident. Do you think the RTO cares about any of this..they are only concerned with mera chai pani. Whats lunacy for you is sport for others..now the same things when you see on tv or live sport events you claap and saw wow..what a drift etc. The same thing someone tries in a closed road or deserted road and takes a video its lunacy. Let me tell you he is a very good driver and has total control of his vehicle. On his thread on the Forum everyone was high praises and congratulated him and now after the incident its lunacy that he was doing..strange right.
speedy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:00   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

He took everything off from his last incident. Do you think the RTO cares about any of this..they are only concerned with mera chai pani. Whats lunacy for you is sport for others..now the same things when you see on tv or live sport events you claap and saw wow..what a drift etc. The same thing someone tries in a closed road or deserted road and takes a video its lunacy. Let me tell you he is a very good driver and has total control of his vehicle. On his thread on the Forum everyone was high praises and congratulated him and now after the incident its lunacy that he was doing..strange right.
I do not want to reveal his antics on an open public forum and neither do I mean to start an arguement with you. There may be no denying the fact that he must be a brilliant, well trained driver with crazy levels of control but it doesn't take away from the fact that all of it was on public roads!!! I watched him do those stunts from my house itself (and not just on youtube) so I know what I am talking
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:30   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I do not want to reveal his antics on an open public forum and neither do I mean to start an arguement with you. There may be no denying the fact that he must be a brilliant, well trained driver with crazy levels of control but it doesn't take away from the fact that all of it was on public roads!!! I watched him do those stunts from my house itself (and not just on Youtube) so I know what I am talking
There is no argument or anything and i know what he does a lot better..HE IS MY FRIEND. As per public roads goes agreed..but was it empty or with traffic?. Was it late at night or during peak traffic hours?. Now just cause you have seen this once you call it stunts and lunacy…what about the other people who do the same things in their respective cars that you have not seen..is that ok?. He stopped driving like that after he sold his previous car. They say he was fast and rash..has any proof been given to prove this..i guess not. These cars look and sound like they are going much faster than they actually are. The point i am trying to make is keep the laws the same for everyone with no discrimination.
speedy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:51   #379
A.K
Senior - BHPian

If he has got his license and registration cancelled, what about those boy racers in souped up hatchbacks dangerously cutting lanes and breaking the speed limit? They are being let off only because they do not have a flashy red "Farrari"? Mr. Maria, if you can go down to such an extent that you've cancelled his license and registration, I suggest you take a look at them too.

Last edited by A.K : 3rd April 2014 at 12:52.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:54   #380
BHPian

to all the people who are talking about the speeding(or not) ferrari - i guess the media and the cops got what they meant to achieve

rightfully said by others - that if a swift/civic/accord is driving rash - no one talks about it but a ferrari doing 60 sedately is considered to be driving real fast and reckless.

i believe instead of talking about it here we should either ignore these news or do something about it like asking the cops and media for their proof about these cars being recklessly driven. i am sure if this question is asked by multiple people and happens every time - they would be slightly more responsible about the "headlines" they want to make
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:16   #381
BHPian

Whatever the driver has been involved in, in the past, is past.

Talking about this particular incident in the Ferrari, its hugely unfair to do a permanent cancellation of his drivers licence and cancellation of his cars registration. The state asks for a huge amount of Road tax value (for the pathetic conditions which are provided) and they cannot just void that. Even for Speeding or Rash Driving there are certain rules and the penalty for the same is regularized. The cops have to follow that without coming up with such absurd press releases to defame the driver, just because he owns a Ferrari and that helps the PR of the newly joined commissioner.

Pathetic.
doctorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:46   #382
BHPian

Being a law student who is currently studying the Motor Vehicles Act, the act of cancellation of his license in this manner is illegal and JP has a fairly cast-iron case against Mr. Maria. It states clearly in Sections 20 and 22 of the MVA that a license can only be cancelled if the alleged offender has been convicted of causing grievous bodily harm.

Not only has there been no harm, bodily or otherwise, he has been convicted of no such thing, just hauled up. He definitely has grounds to begin legal proceedings against the Mumbai Police.

Further, even the cancellation of the Ferrari's license is unlawful on similar grounds.
AbelAFC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:53   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Mumbai Mirror is perhaps the worst source for accurate news and they love to create hype. Hence it would be best to wait and watch. The statement of cancelation has been given by a lower level cop and not Mr. Maria hence it could have been made just for media effect. I am sure this story will soon die down and even if the cops have request for cancelations the RTO probably won't be able to do it lawfully atleast in this case.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 21:18   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

All this (unnecessary) hype and hoopla is created around this case as the car in question is a LOUD,FAST,FLASHY, SNAZZY red Ferrari.

People who have caused grievous injuries to pedestrians in their so called 'modded' cars or otherwise have got away scot free only coz theres no proof.

I am pretty sure the cop must have 'heard' the Ferrari zip past and assumed its at a high speed due to the sound,which is commonly assumed by the 'regular people' i.e those who don't experience any supercar on a regular basis.

Also, never has the owners driving proven to be dangerous , harmful or injurious to anyone and his driving skills and control over the cars power needs to be seen to be believed.

All in all, until the 150 kmph speeding allegation is proven by the cops, his suspended license and cancellation of registration should be revoked and a thorough investigation needs to be carried out.

I hope the tide turns in the owners favor soon and the Scuderia is soon seen "prancing" on Mumbai's streets

Last edited by ///RMan : 3rd April 2014 at 21:21.
///RMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 02:10   #385
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

So the cops are all over the news for nabbing a speeding Ferrari (prancing horse). Where are the cops when these prancing horses (horse carriages) race on the Western Express highway in the wee hours of the night. If you happen to be on the WEH in Dahisar - you will see a mad race of horse carriages right in the middle of the road. These carriages endanger bikers, pedestrains and other vehicles, they dont have brakes, ..... whats being done about them.

If the owner has broken the speed limit in his Ferrari, fine - Fine hi - just as you would fine all the other offenders. Why take an exception and impound his car / license?

Quote:
The point i am trying to make is keep the laws the same for everyone with no discrimination.
Old 4th April 2014, 12:51   #386
BHPian

The papers have also mentioned that he was driving void of any car documents, which is probably one of the reasons besides Jp s apparent speeding. The cops are probably more peeved due to the previous incident involving him and where in, one of their own were suspended.
Having said that, they are certainly being hard on him and as no bodily harm was Caused to anyone on what basis can they cancel his licence and registration? Just don't get it.
Old 6th April 2014, 12:53   #387
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

There was one more 430 Spider in the news which may have been over-shadowed by the Scuderia instance.

Going by the registration number - this seems to be the ex-Poonawaala's F430 Spider (MH-12-AP-123)
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures : Ferrari F430 Coupes/Spiders in Mumbai-430.jpg  

Pictures : Ferrari F430 Coupes/Spiders in Mumbai-4301.jpg  

Old 6th April 2014, 13:35   #388
BHPian

This case is over hyped by the media and police official.
Makes me laugh at the system.
In this case the car was speeding, i understand which can be be dangerous.
In India everyone speeds in tiny hatchback which is more dangerous.
What was the ruling with Ambani's Aston case, which was a more serious case compare to this.
Afaik I know hardly anyone got convicted etc.
Cancellation of drivers license is kinda harsh, warning and fines could have easily resolved the matter or even drivers safety training course as they do it in UK.
Old 14th April 2014, 22:56   #389
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Source: Clinton Pereira's Phtography

Pictures : Ferrari F430 Coupes/Spiders in Mumbai-ferr.jpg
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 13:06   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend spotted this Ferrari F430 this morning.

Pic by Karan Manghwani

Pictures : Ferrari F430 Coupes/Spiders in Mumbai-img_20180427_123232.jpg

Pictures : Ferrari F430 Coupes/Spiders in Mumbai-img_20180427_123223.jpg
///RMan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks