Team-BHP - Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/114584-pictures-mumbai-supercar-show-drive-2012-a-10.html)

Quote:

VB & GS... out for a spin!
Attachment 876589
Can anyone tell me what car is GS driving?please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhantom (Post 2657638)
Some cool pictures of Valentino Balboni with GS, during his visit to Mumbai for SuperCar Show!!!

VB with GS and Manoj Lulla on GS's yacht 'Ashena'!

Who is this Manoj Lulla?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownsatan (Post 2657667)
Who is this Manoj Lulla?

Manoj Lulla a.k.a. mlcarrera. :)

The gentleman with great taste. A 911 Carrera, followed by a 911 Turbo, and now a Raging Bull. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merce320 (Post 2657653)
Can anyone tell me what car is GS driving?

F02 BMW 7 series.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownsatan (Post 2657667)
Who is this Manoj Lulla?

:eek: You've met him in person! Were you doped then? :D

Thanks all. Nice pics and videos. Have we got a similar show & drive down south? I too would love to get a Valentino Balboni autograph on the hood of my Gallardo.

On the silver spyder that I have, the Maisto one. :)

Mind-blowing collection of super car exotica. Can't get over the silver race prepped SLS AMG. What serious machinery !! Loved the orange Aventador and the Abarth Fiat. Real treat, pity they didn't have this around a race track. Ideally they should organise this around a race track so that the owners can have a field day of fun enjoying their machines. It's cruel to try to enjoy these cars in Bombay traffic

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 2657909)
Mind-blowing collection of super car exotica. Can't get over the silver race prepped SLS AMG. What serious machinery !! Loved the orange Aventador and the Abarth Fiat. Real treat, pity they didn't have this around a race track. Ideally they should organise this around a race track so that the owners can have a field day of fun enjoying their machines. It's cruel to try to enjoy these cars in Bombay traffic

I agree completely.

However, I suppose this event was organized for the purpose of showcasing Mumbai's finest, in the presence of car enthusiasts, citizens and the like. It's more of a 'glamour' based event rather than a track-day of sorts. :)

Totally agree with you guys!

And guess what, this is CannonBall Club's latest status update on Facebook -
Quote:

Supercar Weekend Coming Up soon.. With Supercar Evening, Supercar Track Day and The Supercar Show ..
Doesn't that ring a bell? ;)

If SCI and CBC join hands at this one, It should be MEGA!

What a great collection of cars at this year's event. The Italians really know what art is all about. As much as i enjoyed looking at the cars & meeting Balboni , it was all over-shadowed by the mad crowds and no sense of control anywhere.
Was shattered to know about the Maserati but to be perfectly honest ,with the way people were driving their 100cc bikes and 1200cc cars (is Dzire even a car ?) it was an accident waiting to happen. Its all too big a mess and takes all the enjoyment away. For these precise reasons i would not go back next year to witness the event.
But for the time i was at the turf club ,it all went pretty well for me personally. Considering just about 50% of Mumbai's supercars were there,just goes on to show the city's purchasing power. With the kind of duties these cars attract, 'impressive' would be an understatement.
Spotting 3 Aventadors and meeting Mr. Balboni himself were the highlights of the day but what really got us laughing was our entrance at the turf club. A couple of Audi R8s had entered the main gate just a couple of minutes before i entered in my car (A4 3.0 TDi) and wonders of wonders, a few of the photographers clicked away to glory as soon as i entered :eek:. I had Flyingspur (bhpian, NOT the car.) with me and was like, 'dude are they actually clicking my car???'
Not that i didnot love it but it was highly unexpected.
Oh well, the perks of having a rare species i guess...even on a supercar rally day ! Enjoyed it while it lasted !!:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2657937)
It's more of a 'glamour' based event rather than a track-day of sorts. :)

I've seen the organisers continually stress on the public; that is, put up a good show for them. Where else would the commoner on the street get an opportunity to view & experience some of the world's best supercars on a Sunday morning in Mumbai?

This is a Supercar Parade that brings a smile to everybody's faces. It is not meant to be a track day, nor a race (the pre-briefing continually stresses on safe driving).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2657785)
F02 BMW 7 series.

He didnt take part in the parade? Pretty sure it aint a normal 7-series.I am guessing its a 750i or something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullrevs (Post 2658105)
He didnt take part in the parade? Pretty sure it aint a normal 7-series.I am guessing its a 750i or something?

Ofcourse he did.
That pic in the 7 might have been taken before or after the rally.
I think all his rides were present at the rally with him driving his 1000hp Gallardo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullrevs (Post 2658105)

A 750li is a normal 7 series no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2658160)
A 750i is a normal 7 series no?

I wouldnt call it the 'normal' 7-series. It has a 5 litre V8 with 402 BHP. Ive not seen any in bangalore or hyderabad yet. The common models are the diesel variants. 730d is what i commonly see

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullrevs (Post 2658184)
I wouldnt call it the 'normal' 7-series. It has a 5 litre V8 with 402 BHP. Ive not seen any in bangalore or hyderabad yet. The common models are the diesel variants. 730d is what i commonly see

Its a 4.4 V8 and I am well aware of the specs. But it is still a normal production 7 series and I'm sure there are many in Bangalore. If it were a 760li then yes I would not call that normal.

Also you have been seeing 730LDs. All 7s sold in Indian are long wheelbase.