Team-BHP - Pics: Imports gathering dust in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Imports gathering dust in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/13744-pics-imports-gathering-dust-india-27.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayabusa (Post 1089046)
Hey, is this the real deal or is it a kit car like the red one in Mumbai?
Nice find though.

Seems to be the real deal. Check out the website i have quoted from. Every one there seems to own a ferrari or lambo! Wonder if i will ever be able to join one?!:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 237816)
Lexus LX470 lying amidst autos and handcarts. Painted white, black and golden. Just lying unused.

Did anyone else suddenly remember the vehicles used on the Desert Safari in Dubai? (They're usually Toyota Landcruiser's and painted in a similar way)

I guess it belongs here. Found in Thiruvananthapuram. Looks like a second gen Jetta to me.

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-dsc00774.jpg

The Jetta pic from Wikipedia.

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-800pxjettamkii.jpg

Name:  180808_1335.jpg
Views: 7937
Size:  74.5 KB

I'm not sure, but I believe this is the same 316i that was being discussed on this topic sometime back.

Picture dates back to Aug '08.

And oh, found it at C.S.T. road apparently being queued before it got stripped down.

These cars were found at Popular Cars' 'backyard-workshop' rotting away, totally neglected.

They were there till a year back, but haven't seen them around since the dealer shifted somewhere else.

A Rover Montego
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_1216.jpg

A 123 Mercedes - One of the forum's favs
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_1222.jpg

An old AUDI (A6 maybe, experts please rectify)
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_1215.jpg

The Montego is not an import. The Audi 80 is the same model that my husband used to drive when in college. Amazing car.

The "unsold" Rover Montego's were dumped on the Popular ground in around 2005 and they were completely submerged in the 2006 floods. The cars were then moved out in 2007 (no idea where).

Check this thread for more info : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ke-1994-a.html

Thats an Audi 80
and the popular Montegos were new, unregistered and submerged. as V12 pointed out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 1391127)
Thats an Audi 80

That's why I mentioned it. It was a real tank. It was replaced by the A4. This model is the one which replaced Ravi Shastri's Audi (The no. was MFA1, I think).

Marcus thats the Audi 80 and it belonged to a friend of mine at one point. Its sad to see the car in this condition today.

those were amazing, my father bought two of them in 1989, that was chennai's first 80s
and it was very rare to go for an audi then , cos the south was super crazy after the merc 190 . it was one of the first few cars with a comp chip those days, it would check all the parameters of the car. way ahead of its time

Thank you all for your inputs. Really was clueless about the model's identity.

Looks like the Audi 80 had met with an accident and left to rot later.

Cant these be restored? why are people not interested in these cars? may be people will look for em a few years later when they are old enough to be called classics?

People may leave it to be rotten to death. But may not give it free to somebody who is interested to restore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srikant (Post 1392384)
Cant these be restored? why are people not interested in these cars? may be people will look for em a few years later when they are old enough to be called classics?

People may leave it to be rotten to death. But may not give it free to somebody who is interested to restore.

cuz half of these were imported illegally and cannot be registered to drive again.

Rest half were owned by nouveau rich brats, who got drunk and hit someone and these are pounded by the cops and the case is still in court since 20 years,