Team-BHP - Pics: Imports gathering dust in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Imports gathering dust in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/13744-pics-imports-gathering-dust-india-20.html)

Have been seeing this Toyota Mark II parked for more then a month now at the same place. Till a few days back there was no hole in the rear glass, so now god knows whats in store for this car it it remains there longer..

Quote:

Originally Posted by egangsta (Post 720146)
Have been seeing this Toyota Mark II parked for more then a month now at the same place. Till a few days back there was no hole in the rear glass, so now god knows whats in store for this car it it remains there longer..

If only i wasn't a student and had the cash, i would have bought her! :Frustrati

Good choice, then. I'm assuming this has the 1JZ, the smaller version of the Supra's monster block, and almost as strong.

How's the car been parked on the road for so long?
I remember seeing quite a few MK IIs in kerala,all well maintained.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 720461)
I remember seeing quite a few MK IIs in kerala,all well maintained.

Yup - there was a time when this was the TOP import. THere are quite a few of them all over the state, usually maintained very well too. If you go to Airlines Hotel in Cochin (Opposite the Maharaja's College Ground) you can still see 2-3 of them in the parking lot. The chap that runs the hotel is an importer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 720475)
Yup - there was a time when this was the TOP import. THere are quite a few of them all over the state, usually maintained very well too. If you go to Airlines Hotel in Cochin (Opposite the Maharaja's College Ground) you can still see 2-3 of them in the parking lot. The chap that runs the hotel is an importer.

Steer,the 1st time I saw this in Ernakulam,I was in awe (obviously was a long long time ago). Managed to spot 3-4 of them,one after the other. I haven't seen them over the past few trips to Kerala though.

Most Mark-IIs imported, had diesel engines. This ones found down South, my bet is its a diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 720655)
Most Mark-IIs imported, had diesel engines. This ones found down South, my bet is its a diesel.

Gogi, this car too has a diesel engine. Had seen some garage chap driving this car and it was spewing black somke and the engine was sounding very rough.This particular car has been used very roughly, always driven rashly..Thats why its in this state now. Still have to find out who it belongs to. There is another Mark II, but compared to this car that one is well mantained.

hey ed.. i think that mark II belongs to some one who is related to anand dighe or someone from his party.. i used to see that car outside the anand ritz hotel(near makhmali talao) way back when i was in school..

Also saw this MERC 123. I know it doesnt look all rusted and all but i have never seen that car move from there in god knows how long.
the car is all covered in dust and then one dat it seems clean. And then again it is covered in dust.:Frustrati

First Gen Miata spotted. I asked if the car has been standing here for long and they said it has been couple of months or so and the car hasent left here.

Doesn't look like the Miata's in bad shape. Probably broke down,and left there.

the miata is there since 2 years now. i offered to buy it, owner asked 5 laks for a dead car i dint even find out what was wrong i just walked away. another friend went to pick it up 2 weeks back price asking then was 4.5 laks. car needs some parts replaced it does not start at all.

car isn't worth 2 the way it stands. I love the miata. I've always loved them. My first sports car was a red miata with the number plate 'PCI 5'. would do anything to buy that car back...

last time i was in khan market there was a red miata standing in prithviraj market for just a lakh..