Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2013, 16:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 "India Limited Edition" launched

@doctorque
please mention the limited edition's price VS the regular one for all to avoid confusion
while at it also mention the similarly specced gallardo's price VS limited edition

probably only then it would be clear to all that this limited edition gallardo is CHEAPER by 15 lacs if compared to not so limited edition similar spec gallardo!!

@speedy
if you get all that done brother - then even your gallardo would be mentioned as "the one which is trying to look like a limited edition - but isn't" :P
my point being - that usually most of the cars that come as a limited edition, sport just minor changes. all the other cars can usually be "made" to look like them - but won't be the same.

i mean come on - you having one car out of 6 ever made by the company (with all the gizmos and trims as stock or pre-installed) VS you having the 7th car which tries to look like the other 6?? there would always be a difference. n heyy - cherry on the top - it's cheaper!!
Old 20th June 2013, 17:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Just to bring the 15lac premium into contrast,

Here are a few items from the Gallardo Options List (prices in INR),
  • Transparent Engine Bonnet - 3,48,000/-
  • Front Lifting System - 1,23,000/-
  • Cordelia Polished Rims (Same as featured in India Ed) - 3,50,400/-
  • Carbon Ceramic Brakes - 9,87,000/-
  • Pirelli PZERO CORSA Tires - 1,95,000/-

Ye see, now the 15lac sounds like peanuts, right?
Scorcher, the pricing you have mentioned seems to be old. These options are way more expensive now, escpecially after the Euro has become stronger and 2 duty hikes in the last 2 budgets.

While the India Edition is priced at 3.06 Cr ex-showroom, an Identically specced 550-2 Non-India Edition would be approximately 3.21 Cr.

I hope this clears everyones confusion!
Old 20th June 2013, 18:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post

While the India Edition is priced at 3.06 Cr ex-showroom, an Identically specced 550-2 Non-India Edition would be approximately 3.21 Cr.

I hope this clears everyones confusion!
So this means that the buyer gets the best of both worlds!
He gets one out of the six cars ever made and that too 15 lakhs cheaper!
This is exactly what Indians love: Bragging rights even after paying less
Any bhpian planning to buy one
Old 20th June 2013, 19:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
Thanks for clearing the confusion, mate.

I bet most of us were thinking the Serie Speciale was 15lacs dearer than the stock LP550. I sure was.

I guess that's not a typo? If not, it's brilliant news!

OT: Just heard one going to Bangalore?
Old 20th June 2013, 19:37   #35
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
The price on the India Serie Speciale is less than that of a regular LP550-2 with identical options.
So technically for the time being the entry level variant in India is a limited edition!
I guess most of us misinterpreted the pricing bit, but now all is clear.
Old 20th June 2013, 21:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:

I guess that's not a typo? If not, it's brilliant news!

OT: Just heard one going to Bangalore?
You've always managed to baffle me as to from where do you find all these news
Scorcher, this might be a stupid question, but is it possible to customize these limited editions too? Like some minor cosmetic/aesthetic changes(not drastic ones but just subtle ones) to the likes of the customer?

OT- That's a quite unique figure there PPS, Posts: 944. Thanked : 449

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 22:09   #37
BHPian

Why not wait for the new Cabrera! I understand its a special edition but 3+ Cr is a considerable amount for even super rich.
Old 21st June 2013, 12:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@speedy
if you get all that done brother - then even your gallardo would be mentioned as "the one which is trying to look like a limited edition - but isn't" :P
It would not be trying to look like the India Edition but would look better and definately a one off. If i do put badges on the car then i would be a wannabe..otherwise its customized to my taste and liking..

Quote:
my point being - that usually most of the cars that come as a limited edition, sport just minor changes. all the other cars can usually be "made" to look like them - but won't be the same.
Please do tell me what changes has lamborghini made to the India Edition that a normal lp550-2 owner cannot buy from the option list. We shall consider the Badges as one..what else?. The paint stripe can be done, stitching on the seats can be done..

Quote:
i mean come on - you having one car out of 6 ever made by the company (with all the gizmos and trims as stock or pre-installed) VS you having the 7th car which tries to look like the other 6?? there would always be a difference. n heyy - cherry on the top - it's cheaper!!
Brother when you look at the car its just like anyother Lp550-2 with striping..VJ had done that to his lp560-2 too and also painted his engine covers to orange and green. Please tell me how many India Edition owners are going to open their boot to show every person the engine badge. For a layman its just another lamborghini. 15 lakhs is not much for someone spending 3+, heck registration of the car in Bombay is more than that..me personally would prefer a limited edition looking different than the normal 550-2 you would see on the roads.
Old 21st June 2013, 13:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
You've always managed to baffle me as to from where do you find all these news

Scorcher, this might be a stupid question, but is it possible to customize these limited editions too? Like some minor cosmetic/aesthetic changes(not drastic ones but just subtle ones) to the likes of the customer?
Thanks, mate. These are just relayed information from friends

Coming to your query, all the six India Edition cars, I believe, are already configured and set for sale. Still, as cl 55 and doctorque said, you can get the LP560’s facelifted bumpers or any add-on options after purchase.

If you meant the Veneno and the sorts by limited edition, many people buy it as an investment and they try not to hinder it's originality. As seen recently, a 0km run 1996 McLaren F1 was sold from Japan for $5.7m - Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
VJ had done that to his lp560-2 too and also painted his engine covers to orange and green.
VJ’s car is an LP560-4, not with yet another VJ in Kerala.

Quote:
Please tell me how many India Edition owners are going to open their boot to show every person the engine badge.
Err..the India Edition 550 is bone stock inside the engine bay, no colored engine covers or plaques.

Quote:
15 lakhs is not much for someone spending 3+
I’m not you still got it Abhi, the India Edition LP550-2 is 15lacs *cheaper* than the normal LP550-2.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 13:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VJ’s car is an LP560-4, not with yet another VJ in Kerala.
Sorry my bad.. i wonder how the -2 came instead of the -4. Oh yes its sold.

Quote:
Err..the India Edition 550 is bone stock inside the engine bay, no colored engine covers or plaques.
The idea was is the india edition owner going to keep showing plaques of his car to everyone on the roads.. I know they dont come with colored engine covers as VJ had done to his car.

Quote:
I’m not you still got it Abhi, the India Edition LP550-2 is 15lacs *cheaper* than the normal LP550-2.
I know it is cheaper than the normal car. What i am saying or was saying is someone spending 3 cr + would rather get the standard car and then customise it further to his liking. The cost difference between similar specced cars of the india edition and standard lp 550-2 is 15 lakhs and that wont burn a hole in a customers pocket, atleast he can customize further.
Old 21st June 2013, 15:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

hmmm - point taken

but then have you seen the versace edition murcielago?
i couldn't spot much difference between the stock and this one - other than some decals on the body, some fancy stitching inside + a plaque saying it's versace edition.

please do correct me if i am wrong - but there weren't any engine mods or body style mods or any major differentiating factor like totally different alloys or anything. the changes were quiet simple - white color with versace theme decals and versace theme interiors. that's it - right? or did i miss something big here?

EDIT : just read : Each unit came with matching Versace luggage, along with driving shoes and gloves. A matching watch from Versace's Precious Items department was also made available to customers. but the car was priced at a whooping $1million. i am not entirely sure whether the luggage and driving shoes and gloves and matching watch would have added upto that much - or would it?

here we get the car Rs. 15 lacs cheaper - n me being an indian - love discounts!!

Last edited by samyakmodi : 21st June 2013 at 16:00.
Old 23rd June 2013, 15:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Apparently one these are going to a collector in Kolkata.

On a lighter note,its the perfect "Indian" edition because it comes with a 15L discount.:-)

Last edited by avishar : 23rd June 2013 at 15:15.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 14:52   #43
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Top Gear India drives the 'India Serie Speciale' !

http://www.topgear.com/india/car-gal...iale/itemid-89

Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 "India Limited Edition" launched-l1.jpg
Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 "India Limited Edition" launched-l.jpg
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 18:01   #44
BHPian

lamborghini(read other countries) have finally started taking India more seriously. They know very well that ALL of us want to see more of these. By the way it shows in topgear the price is 3.80 crores.
Old 10th October 2013, 09:54   #45
A.K
Senior - BHPian

The wonderful Verde Ithaca India Serie Speciale at Lambo Mumbai.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131010_094855.png
Views: 2227
Size:  108.2 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th October 2013 at 16:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks