Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2015, 12:50   #76
BHPian

re: Security Guard crushed with Hummer, dies! EDIT: Nisham gets life imprisonment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
And going by the police raid on his flat yesterday, Nizam's legal troubles seem to be only increasing. There was speculation in the papers yesterday that he may have been under the influence of drugs while attacking the guard, so the raid seems to be connected to the attack. His home and office were also raided soon after the attack on suspicion that he holds firearms.
That raid in his flat has yielded the police cocaine in sizable quantity. Some ladies and an upcoming actor have been arrested from there. Speculation is rife whether the person in question was using his beedi business as a front for his narcotic business.
Old 31st January 2015, 13:20   #77
BHPian

re: Security Guard crushed with Hummer, dies! EDIT: Nisham gets life imprisonment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Going by reports, the police have registered the case by themselves (suo moto cognizance) and not based on the victim's complaint. In the court, the case will be "The State of Kerala v/s Nizam" and not "Chandrabose v/s Nizam". So the withdrawl or dropping of charges can only be done by the Govt.
I'm not a lawyer either, but in a criminal case, there is never really a plaintiff - it is always the state (prosecuter) vs. the criminal. This is one of the basic distinctions between a criminal and civil case.
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 17:49   #78
Senior - BHPian

I think this is going nowhere, my earlier post was deleted for political references, so I'll keep this simple this time around. Nisham will have to be proven beyond reasonable doubt, that depends on the security guards giving evidence against him in court. I'm plain cynical about that ever happening,to see it in monetary terms, what do the guards gain from it? A long drawn out case means that witnesses won't turn up or the victim might be compelled to compromise, how much does the law provide in compensation? The court ordered compensation will be what Nisham pays his lawyer for a day.

Someone said people in Kerala might resort to taking matters into their own hands, ha ha fat chance. This dude will walk and down the line I expect a few posts in the kerala exotics thread about the then latest toy he'll have in his garage. A man who walks after assaulting a cop, will get away with murder/assault on a security guard, the heat will be off and everything will be back to normal.
Old 31st January 2015, 18:19   #79
BHPian

As a sign of respect for the security force in particular and for humanity in general, I suggest we stop posting pics of his cars COMPLETELY in the Supercars and Imports in Kerala page.
shoaib3030 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 21:29   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Inhuman action brings out the inhuman in the rest of us.

Or, perhaps more accurately, the human --- because it is human to want to get hold of this guy and tear him to pieces. A lot of things that people do to each other make me feel like that, and I figure that that is why we have law, and delegate dealing with offenders to the machinery of law and order. Otherwise, we will be the mob, and that is not good either.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 22:29   #81
BHPian

This discussion has taken of so tangentially that it has become totally senseless. Lets get the facts straight.

1) Mr Nisham committed a crime; attempted murder. Such an offence from a guy with a criminal background should come as no surprise. There's no point in giving it any more merit than what has already been received. Please do not waste your precious time discussing or speculating it. He doesn't even deserve a mention for the heinous inhuman crime he committed. Lets all hope that he realises his mistakes, repents and becomes a better human being in the future. I'm sorry if I'm sounding too preachy.

2) I'm appalled by the lack of belief you guys have on our justice system. The number of comments speculating that he'll walk scot-free is too damn high. Our justice system wouldn't improve if we citizens lose belief in it. It is true that in the past money and influence have helped people make a joke out of the law of our land but let us sincerely hope that isn't the case here. Kerala CM, higher police officials and most importantly and above all else common people have taken an interest in the case; hence let's hope that "Satyamev Jayate"

3) His Family and private life; though his wife might be an idiot and his kid a spoilt brat lets please not victimise them. This case doesn't need a media prosecution. Lets please be not judgemental here.

My blood boils as much as all your's by the atrocious acts he has committed; now and in the past but please; can we have a civil and sane discussion over here about how to ensure he gets punished and not what punishment you'd like to give him. India is a democratic nation with judiciary above all other institutions; at least that's what I studied and believe in. This discussion has become like a mob planning murder. Please don't deviate this discussion into other subjects.

Regards
Sunny

Last edited by Samurai : 1st February 2015 at 08:58. Reason: quoted posted has been removed
Autodoc is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 22:30   #82
BHPian

Utterly shocked by the incident! And like most people said, its hardly there out in the media! Obviously they are trying to cover it. This time this guy has seriously crossed all limits, not only only of humanity but also insanity!

Is this case also going to be like the Aston Martin Rapide accident in Mumbai where money and power decide everything? Our Police and the judicial system are partly to be blamed. Had they been stricter in the past about such incidents, he wouldn't have the audacity to even think about doing something so brutal and inhumane. May the deceased person's soul RIP.
Old 31st January 2015, 22:46   #83
BHPian

@ CMS & PGSAGAR ,
I request you not to compare this man to animals,as animals never behave or act as we humans do ,their actions are more out of need than to satisfy their ego.why do we always end comparing inhuman behaviour to animals.I believe they are more behaved than humans in all respects.
sammyaulakh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 22:47   #84
BHPian

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-...1-1312269.aspx

I'm not surprised, honestly.

Cocaine worth Rs 10 lac seized at one of the residences he owns. 4 fashion models and an actor were caught with the drugs. Apparently, he has a big hand to play in the flourishing drug movement/consumption in Kerala.
Old 1st February 2015, 00:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Cocaine worth Rs 10 lac seized at one of the residences he owns. 4 fashion models and an actor were caught with the drugs. Apparently, he has a big hand to play in the flourishing drug movement/consumption in Kerala.
TV channels reported that the apartment was rented out to one of the models. One of the ladies is an assistant film director.
The guy is headed for more trouble.

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st February 2015 at 00:40.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 08:16   #86
BHPian

We need fast track sentencing for such criminals.. And what about another person in bollywood who is the main accused in a hit & run case in Mumbai? Nobody talks about it and worse is his movies are big grossers.. If such is the case, where is the justice for the victims? The whole thing is that ki bhaiyya sab se bada rupaiyya...
Old 1st February 2015, 08:47   #87
Senior - BHPian

It is reported that the victim had regained consciousness and is likely to go under a Surgeon's scalpel next week.
Old 1st February 2015, 09:09   #88
BHPian

Very sad state of affairs. I just read this and look at his FB page. I don't have words to describe the anger. He must be treated for mental illness.
Old 1st February 2015, 09:28   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyaulakh View Post
@ CMS & PGSAGAR ,
I request you not to compare this man to animals,as animals never behave or act as we humans do ,their actions are more out of need than to satisfy their ego.why do we always end comparing inhuman behaviour to animals.I believe they are more behaved than humans in all respects.
My Facebook status some days ago read as -

The more people I meet, the more I like my D0G.

Unsure as to how this case is going to be handled. Maybe witness (other guards) might be influenced with money/power? You never know.

As a deterrent for other influential rich people (who think they can get away with anything) our judiciary should set an example by handing over whatever punishment it feels right & uphold humanity over & above everything.
Old 1st February 2015, 10:05   #90
BHPian

I was wondering why this thread is in Imported Cars section? As if being an imported car is more important in India (may be it is) than the life of a local security guard - Street Experiences no?
aerohit is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks