Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2008, 11:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoticars View Post
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned about the Classic Ferrari Dino that came into India and was shipped back. That is not true, as I actually owned that Ferrari 1972 Dino red coupe. I sold it to a family in Bangalore and it is still there. I go to see it regularly too. The story of it having gone back, was spun by a prominent Vintage & Classic car collector in Bangalore, who wanted to take it from me by force, but failed. He spund the story that he had bought it and it had been confiscated, and sent back. The car very much alive and kicking in Koramangala, Bangalore. So......thought you guys should know. There was a picture of it in Autocar a few years ago, when they featured Ferraris in India.
That's good to hear! Have you had the privilege of owning any other Ferrari, that you may like to share with us?

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2008 at 23:10. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 15th June 2008, 11:43   #62
Senior - BHPian

i have seen the dino in koramangala.
@ xoticars, you seem to be knowing them.
could you tell us whats new with him?
cheers !!
Old 25th June 2008, 15:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

Am i correct in my impression that the owner drives this Dino around occasionally but mostly the car is under wraps and not used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoticars View Post
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned about the Classic Ferrari Dino that came into India and was shipped back. That is not true, as I actually owned that Ferrari 1972 Dino red coupe. I sold it to a family in Bangalore and it is still there. I go to see it regularly too. The story of it having gone back, was spun by a prominent Vintage & Classic car collector in Bangalore, who wanted to take it from me by force, but failed. He spund the story that he had bought it and it had been confiscated, and sent back. The car very much alive and kicking in Koramangala, Bangalore. So......thought you guys should know. There was a picture of it in Autocar a few years ago, when they featured Ferraris in India.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2008 at 23:11. Reason: Owner's identity has been removed as per Team-BHP rules.
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:37   #64
BHPian

saw the 308 at a pump.. its not for sale..
Old 23rd October 2009, 23:04   #65

You actually asked Kundanmal if it was for sale!!! HAHAHAHA!! You should know Better!!
Old 11th July 2010, 12:55   #66
Team-BHP Support

Well, regardless of whether there was one in India or not, there seems to be one coming in :

Importing a Ferrari Testarossa - Need help with Service

cya
R
Old 11th July 2010, 13:48   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
You actually asked Kundanmal if it was for sale!!! HAHAHAHA!! You should know Better!!
(I know this^^ is an old post)Do the cars standing at the Kundanmal pump belong to them?
Old 11th July 2010, 14:10   #68

Nope. They get serviced there or they get parked there. Alot of Gautam Singhania's Cars are parked there too.
Old 12th July 2010, 10:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Nope. They get serviced there or they get parked there. Alot of Gautam Singhania's Cars are parked there too.
Correction Cyrus. Gautams cars are not parked there but some are serviced there and then come back to his place. R.K. does not allow only parking in his Pump, so the cars you see there, some belong to him and others are there to get serviced (parts have to be imported, so some cars stand for a longer time).
Old 2nd November 2022, 03:21   #70

Re: Ferrari Testarossa spotted Bandra Flyover

Spotted what clearly looked like a red 512TR today crawling on the wrong side of the road between the airport turn off and the toll booth in bangalore. Was on the move and didn't want to backtrack on the wrong side of the road so no pics! So the legend of the red testarossa is no myth. I've seen it so I believe it! Cheers
Old 2nd November 2022, 06:21   #71
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ferrari Testarossa spotted Bandra Flyover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermono View Post
Spotted what clearly looked like a red 512TR today crawling on the wrong side of the road between the airport turn off and the toll booth in bangalore. Was on the move and didn't want to backtrack on the wrong side of the road so no pics! So the legend of the red testarossa is no myth. I've seen it so I believe it! Cheers
The only Testarossa in India is a red 512M (with UK plates) in New Delhi. The car has been around since almost two decades now. Some pics of the 512M here -

A Ferrari 512TR belongs to 'The Complete Man' and the car is usually kept at his London residence but has been to Mumbai on carnet previously.

The red Ferrari you saw is probably the 348ts from Bangalore.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks