Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 01:15   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
why restrict yourself to silver? if the car is going to be white, and interior is still to be done up, you could put in a deep red interior with matching pin stripe and wheels, or such...

i would rather leave her plain. no pinstripes for me. the interiors i would be redoing in blue as they are...but now the deep red like the SLK and the BMW 6 series also sounds good. the car would look real funny with deep red wheels awini. bronze or silver would look good then.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:55   #62
BHPian

Speedy, buddy, brother, friend !! I dont want to be a pain in your a$$ but please dont leave this car stock looking. Those wheels are very plain jane. I know they're BBS but noone said every size and pattern of BBS looks right. Im not suggesting anything silly or ricer, but its a BMW and this was their finest hour. The amount of tuning companies and kits and rims for that car are mindboggling. You can make it look understated and classy but at the same time sporty. Trust me make it look like a mint just out the showroom Alpina, or an M635csi with 17" BBS it will be jaw dropping. Uprate to 17s, do a fabulous paintjob and do up the interior in the best color of that era and your car will attract more attention than any gallardo or F430. Do not do any chrome or red lipped rims. It will look out of place. Stick to the period, but man the 80s had some mad 6s. Make the most of your blessing. Research hard, find the right look and feel and work hard at putting it in place. Ive seen the quality of work on your other cars and its fantastic. You can really do a fabulous job with this car.
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

BEEM3R you are not being a pain of anykind atall. the car looks plain now as the car is just cleaned and so have the wheels. there has been no treatment or anything done to it. my brother is driving the car just to get the feel and see if anything goes wrong. if it does then it goes wrong now so i can work on it before getting it painted.
i normally do the research before i go out to buy the car. if i do decide to get something done with the car enginewise i would look at Alpine. they are my favourite tuners and best for BMW. i had planned for 18" wheels but at a later stage. i have seen the wheels also and know exactly what i want. i would be sticking to the period look for the car suttle yet bold sporty look,and when i am done with it you would love it.
the car i am sure would not draw more attention than the lambo or a F430 for sure unless it has BMW fans around it .
Old 25th October 2007, 04:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

Sppedy@ you got a bargain mate. 635csi is a diamond among the rest of the 6series. But seriously don't get the wheels chromed. You will kill it. Chrome=no no no for beemers. What wheels do you have in mind? Is it really a 635csi? No pun but it should have two piece bbs with wider rims at rear and these ones are not supposed to be on it. Someone might have taken them off in past. IF you don't mind me asking, how much did you bought it for? You should really get the bbs split rims for it. It will look awesome, just the way it is supposed to be. Congrats though.
Old 25th October 2007, 06:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
the car i am sure would not draw more attention than the lambo or a F430 for sure unless it has BMW fans around it .
If it did then you would have a chance to trade your 635 for the F430 or the Lambo and I am sure you wouldnt mind it
Old 25th October 2007, 12:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
If it did then you would have a chance to trade your 635 for the F430 or the Lambo and I am sure you wouldnt mind it
i wont trade the 635 for anything dipen, might just endup buying the F430 or the lambo as well .

ok guys the seats have been sent to stanley to get done. the colour remains the same as the original. i should have the seats with me within a weeks time.
Old 7th November 2007, 15:18   #67
Senior - BHPian

ok guys the wheels have been painted and ready silver as they should be.

@ Randhawa the wheels are not changed by the owner and the car came with BBS wheels of the same size throughout. and yes it is a 635CSI

i also recieved pictures of the front seat that is being done at stanley. the rest of the seats are yet to be completed.due to the light and the flash the seat looks lighter.

Old 7th November 2007, 15:59   #68
BHPian

Oh i love the wheels!! Thats a CLassic!!
Good work Speedy!!

Elito
Old 7th November 2007, 16:02   #69
Team-BHP Support

awesome stuff abhishek.. those seats look comfy..

time to update the thread on your merc.
Old 7th November 2007, 16:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

thank you elito i love the wheels too. real classic and classy too.

@ akshay will know the comfort level when the seats get to me. thank you for the pictures of the merc. really appriciate it.

here is a picture of the car all cleaned up. it looks so much better now.

Old 7th November 2007, 18:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

@Speedy you are one lucky guy to find a 635csi in India and in such a good nick.

I dont think you will need to tune the engine as in standard form it does 0-100 in under 7sec.

Just change the bmw roundals on the wheels. Its looking really good after a nice cleanup.

Dude if you need any oem parts for your beemer then let me know. I can give you all the links where you can get the OEM parts at reasonable price. If you want to order anything from the navneet motor which I think is the authorised dealer for BMW then log on to RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog and put in your last 7digits of your vin no and it will show you every single part available for your car with the part no. You can use the part no to order parts from the dealer.
Old 7th November 2007, 20:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@Speedy you are one lucky guy to find a 635csi in India and in such a good nick.

I dont think you will need to tune the engine as in standard form it does 0-100 in under 7sec.

Just change the bmw roundals on the wheels. Its looking really good after a nice cleanup.

Dude if you need any oem parts for your beemer then let me know. I can give you all the links where you can get the OEM parts at reasonable price. If you want to order anything from the navneet motor which I think is the authorised dealer for BMW then log on to RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog and put in your last 7digits of your vin no and it will show you every single part available for your car with the part no. You can use the part no to order parts from the dealer.
fortunately i did not have to find the car. had been seeing the car in my friends building for years. the car was not in great shape when i got her.
i dont plan to tune the car except for the normal tuneing that is required for it (like keeping the company specs). yes i have called for the roundals for the wheel and they would be changed soon.
thank you for the help. would greatly appriciate information regarding parts. the previous owner brought down parts from singapore and has forwarded that address to me. i have also checked with navneet motors but they dont seem to help with the parts for this baby. everything else they can take care off (know the owners well).
Old 7th November 2007, 20:59   #73
Team-BHP Support

holy crap.. it looks stunning now.. take some good photos yaar.
Old 7th November 2007, 21:11   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
thank you elito i love the wheels too. real classic and classy too.

@ akshay will know the comfort level when the seats get to me. thank you for the pictures of the merc. really appriciate it.

here is a picture of the car all cleaned up. it looks so much better now.

Drooooooool!! I love this CAR!!!
Gr8 effort SPEEDY! Gr8 decision on keeping it stock! esp the exteriors!

Now how abt some pics with square rimmed glasses and Gateway of India in the background!! Real Indiana Jones Kinds!!!

Elito

EDIT: Yes the wheels are real classy, so is the Old Style BMW nose!!

Last edited by Elito11 : 7th November 2007 at 21:13.
Old 7th November 2007, 21:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

thank you guys.
i have not seen the car upclose as yet,just saw it once briefly. will ask my brother to take some pictures but that will be possible when the seats come back. yes the pointed nose and the wheels give it a sofesticated as well as a sporty look.
@ akshay which one caddy or the bmw. ur drive is pending.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks