Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 10:53   #76
BHPian

Re: Dream Car Fund - Do you have one?

I am saving money to buy an Audi A4. Unfortunately, the price keeps inching up every year! In 2022 it is ~Rs.50 Lakhs OTR Delhi. Hope to buy it before the end of this decade (slowly accumulating the funds).

Other car in consideration is a Skoda Superb. Let's see how long it takes me to buy either an A4 or Superb.
kushagra452 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 17:38   #77
BHPian

I'm in the process of accumulating a "Dream Car Fund" myself.
The ultimate dream would be an Aventador with a Gintani exhaust bolted on.

But honestly it seems like more of a fantasy than a dream so iv'e had to pull back and settled down on a more 'modest' 992 Turbo S.

Hope to come back to this in the next 10-15 years and post about finally realizing it!
Old 24th August 2023, 20:03   #78
BHPian

I was always scared to spend on myself but decided to start a bike fund after I watched this video

The universe conspired and made my target more achievable. You might be seeing an update on "I booked a bike thread" by tomorrow. The selection/elimination process lasted over a month and I was undecided till yesterday but today I have clarity, maybe .

Anyways, I didn't know this thread existed or I would have shared this video much earlier, it was liberating for me, maybe it can help someone else as well.
Old 24th August 2023, 21:23   #79
BHPian

I don't have a Dream Car Fund. Probably because my logical brain will invariably shoot down what my heart says.

But if, and it's a huge IF, I don't have to worry about retirement or health or stuff, I'd probably throw a considerable portion of my wealth into a Rezvani Tank X. That's a beast of a machine even on paper, let alone in real life. Source: Autocar India.

Dream Car Fund - Do you have one?-20171010111804_b1.jpg
Old 25th February 2024, 10:53   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I know people who've bought 40 - 50 lakh rupee Porsches & AMGs in India and are very happy with their decision. Another reasonably sporty car that'll soon become popular in the used market is the Mustang, examples of which are already exchanging hands at 40 odd lakhs. Expect them to touch the high 30s in a year or two. It's fast, handles well, looks superb and is reliable (meant to be a daily driver in the USA).
Unfortunately for us, this last bit hasn't aged very well, thanks to social media "influencers"
Old 25th February 2024, 14:46   #81
BHPian

I'm following a strategy to invest some money in stocks with a higher risk and higher potential returns (in the 4-5x region). Suppose, you have an 8 Lakhs budget. If your stars align, you will have a dream car budget with relatively little investment. That 8 Lakh investment might turn into 32 or 40 Lakhs. It can go the other way round too.

If you go to the market to buy an 8 Lakhs worth car right now, in a few years it will depreciate by 50% in a couple of years. While, if the same is kept in potential high return stocks, it might 5x. Speaking of the volatile, high risk ones. For sure, there is a downside too. But anyways, I was going to lose in depreciation too if I were to go and buy a car, and hold it for that long. Depends on your risk appetite, and short term goals. Do your own diligence, not financial advice.

Last edited by wheelspinner : 25th February 2024 at 14:49.
Old 28th March 2024, 00:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
The seller took quite some time to fix a few things that I had requested before giving delivery. I finally got the car on Thursday evening (16th January 2020).
Congratulations, my friend! You're living out my dream of having a Porsche. Owning that car is something I aspire to do for my garage someday. In 2018, just like you, I started saving for a Royal Enfield 650 but ended up fulfilling my dream by purchasing a Triumph Bonneville last year. Coming across this thread after four years brings a sense of joy, seeing others with similar passions and visions. Hope you're enjoying your car and staying safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I was always scared to spend on myself but decided to start a bike fund after I watched this video Anyways, I didn't know this thread existed or I would have shared this video much earlier, it was liberating for me, maybe it can help someone else as well.
After watching that video, I switched from aiming for the RE650 to leaning towards a preowned Triumph Street Twin 900 instead. It's just so much more perfect and elegant. The video offers valuable insights for anyone chasing their dream vehicle, providing a broader perspective.

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th March 2024 at 05:47. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
nidhinpr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks