Team-BHP - Spotted : Toyota Supra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Spotted : Toyota Supra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2106-spotted-toyota-supra-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 669679)
... And then they released The Fast And The Furious, and the prices just went through the roof!

lol: That's just insane! :D

Yeah, I was talking to a coupla guys who owned them in the States. They said in 2000 you could buy a nice 40-50k mile Supra for 20k USD. Then F&F came out, and the same cars, with some more miles on them, started going for 45-50k USD in 2002.

Someone give me one. Please!!!

Viper, theres a supra in b'lore that was tuned by the same guys who tuned that fast & furious supra. Its supposed to be 800 bhp. I spoke to the guys who tuned it & they flew down to b'lore to tune it from the US. When they tuned it that car was silver. Maybe you know which one i'm talking about. Is it re-painted now? Oh, just in case you didnt know this, they charge $1200 per day plus accomodation!!

supra the only car in existence that needs 1000 bhp to get to 10 sec.

the blue supra looks nice.

thats a 2JZ GTE supra ....and ARmotosports has worked on it. contact ranjit for more info.

Nitroxx, which one are you talking about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan (Post 669799)
supra the only car in existence that needs 1000 bhp to get to 10 sec.

I don't think that's true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 669726)
Viper, theres a supra in b'lore that was tuned by the same guys who tuned that fast & furious supra. Its supposed to be 800 bhp. I spoke to the guys who tuned it & they flew down to b'lore to tune it from the US. When they tuned it that car was silver. Maybe you know which one i'm talking about. Is it re-painted now? Oh, just in case you didnt know this, they charge $1200 per day plus accomodation!!

The silver Supra had only BPU - basic power upgrades - from suprastore.com - or so I was told. The F&F Supra wasn't so much tuned by a major company, as owned by an enthusiast who does most of his own work. He owned the R34 in 2F2F too.

Viper, the guys at suprastore told me that they came down to tune some silver supra to 750-800 bhp. And that the owner was so happy that he tipped the mechanic $1000.

Could be the same car, like I said, I was told it was a suprastore thing. They're very good with upgrades for the car, and it's such a beautiful engine -- go to 500 rwhp for under USD 1500.

You know, what I don't get is, what is the obsession with how much BHP your Supra puts out? Especially in India, where we don't have any high quality dedicated race tracks, no drag strips, wouldn't a regular turbo'd Supra be good enough? Why tinker with it and make it less "streetable" and also perhaps compromise your reliability just so you have more HP?

Numbers are for boasting too you know.

OK, well, can't argue with that... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75 (Post 673706)
You know, what I don't get is, what is the obsession with how much BHP your Supra puts out? Especially in India, where we don't have any high quality dedicated race tracks, no drag strips, wouldn't a regular turbo'd Supra be good enough? Why tinker with it and make it less "streetable" and also perhaps compromise your reliability just so you have more HP?

Well, Supras aren't really affected by mods, wrt reliability. And of course, Ishan's hit the nail bang on.

Same goes for the skyline. The engines are so strong that these mods dont really make them break down. I was watching a review of a 1000 Bhp skyline and it hadnt broken down once in the 5 years after the mods to take it to 1000 Bhp.

Just goes to show how well the Supra & the Skyline engines are designed. Crank things to another level,and they'll still hold good.