Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2020, 12:00   #31
BHPian

Re: Out of these sub-1.5 crore exotics which one would you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
If I had 1.5Cr to spare for a supercar I would go for an Audi R8 because they are listed for as low as 40 Lakhs like this one here:
Attachment 2000256
Even I saw this, quite tempting, though it is a 10 year old car at this point. Not sure if the pricing is par for this model.

R8 is probably a more accessible way to get into the super car club. Do wonder though what kind of annual maintenance these things would require.
Old 14th May 2020, 12:07   #32
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
If I had 1.5Cr to spare for a supercar I would go for an Audi R8 because they are listed for as low as 40 Lakhs

Even if the above listing turns out fishy, there are others listed in the 50 Lakh to 1Cr range regularly. This would leave me with a nice 75 Lakh budget to fix issues that will eventually crop up.
This particular R8 once belonged to a fellow bhpian till sometime in 2016. Thereafter he upgraded to a Ferrari and now (since about a year or so) drives a Lamborghini.

The R8 was in mint condition under his ownership, not sure if anything went wrong with the car thereafter. However, the pricing is not at all too-good-to-be true. R8s of the same vintage are available around 45-55 L. Even Pre-LP Gallardos have found buyers at about 60-65 L.

Ferraris, however, have retained their value in India. Even the older F430 still commands a premium in the pre-owned car market.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 01:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
As auto enthusiasts, its always the cars that come first for us. Hypothetical question - would you buy a Rs. 1.5 Cr. home or drive one from the below list.
I would definitely go ahead and get my self a villa or a house with that amount. That is an investment that will appreciate over time and give me a healthy return in 10 years time. I can use the money then to buy myself a newer sports car from that era with some left over cash.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks