Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2011, 20:21   #2326
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercars & Imports : Kolkata

Nice pics Rohin,along with the news of a Maserati and Mulsanne coming to the city,Kolkata is definitely looking up.

That white rangie has been spotted by you many times,and the 8 series looks brilliant.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:59   #2327
BHPian

Saw the Copper R8, a new Q7 and BMW 650i convertable parked back to back in Salt Lake yesterday night. It was too dark for a picture.
Old 8th August 2011, 18:55   #2328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Both are 06H reg and the white one
I saw the White one yesterday - from a distance. Looked like 06G .. guess my eyes are failing me!
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 17:17   #2329
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the UK reg. Bentley. Looks amazing! Had graphite finished wheels and is part of a limited edition 51 series. It's eerily silent. A Honda City sounds raucous next to it. Sorry couldn't manage any pictures. Also saw an old, but very well-maintained British Green LR Defender in the same house which has the 997 Turbo.
Old 11th August 2011, 23:39   #2330
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Discovery,crappy pic.

I think that makes 2 Discovery's,this and the beige/brown one.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata-dsc03998.jpg  

Old 18th August 2011, 22:33   #2331
Senior - BHPian

Was trying to shoot this lovely wooden cartlike thing, when the stupid car came in the frame!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata-slk.jpg  

shamik.bose is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 07:22   #2332
BHPian

@Shamik,
Could you not crop the pic,so we wouldnt be inflicted with the sight of the ugly car on the right?
And why on earth did you not capture the WCL from several different angles to provide a feast for our eyes.
This is the One M.P.version with chain drive to rear from mid-mounted powerplant,if I am not mistaken,ideally positioned ,but I have my doubts about centre of gravity.
In your opinion will the spindly tyres be adequate to put all that power down on the road?
Seems to be a stripped-down racing version,no lights or frills of any kind!
Here's what Jeremy Clarkson had to say on a similar vehicle he tested recently"Cant seem to find fifth gear or the fourth wheel on this thing!"
Well that's enough inane chatter from me waaay too early in the morning,seriously,why didnt you just pan right a bit when you took that photo and deny me the above indulgence?
Have a nice day T-bhp!
Old 19th August 2011, 08:14   #2333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911987 View Post
@Shamik,
Could you not crop the pic,so we wouldnt be inflicted with the sight of the ugly car on the right?
And why on earth did you not capture the WCL from several different angles to provide a feast for our eyes.
This is the One M.P.version with chain drive to rear from mid-mounted powerplant,if I am not mistaken,ideally positioned ,but I have my doubts about centre of gravity.
In your opinion will the spindly tyres be adequate to put all that power down on the road?
Seems to be a stripped-down racing version,no lights or frills of any kind!
Here's what Jeremy Clarkson had to say on a similar vehicle he tested recently"Cant seem to find fifth gear or the fourth wheel on this thing!"

Quote:
Well that's enough inane chatter from me waaay too early in the morning,seriously,why didnt you just pan right a bit when you took that photo and deny me the above indulgence?
Have a nice day T-bhp!
I was in another mode of transport, that too with three wheels and no engine, a.k.a a rickshaw. So my phone managed only that.
Old 19th August 2011, 09:49   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post

I was in another mode of transport, that too with three wheels and no engine, a.k.a a rickshaw. So my phone managed only that.
Should have jumped off the transport, take the shot and jump back on.
Old 19th August 2011, 16:28   #2335
BHPian

@Shamik,
Hope you didnt misinterpret my idle timepass for criticism of your handiwork with the camera.
Loved your pic,quite a change from all the pics we see of supercar after supercar,hence my attempt at humour.
At least you managed a pic from a moving auto!
I,being a bit overgrown,can barely fit in an auto as my head is above the roofline and to see out I have to literally retract my neck and simultaneously bend forward to achieve that feat.
On a serious note,hope the Merc had it's handbrake engaged,cos if it rolls forward,it could do a lot of damage to the classic in front of it.
Cheers!
Old 19th August 2011, 18:53   #2336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
Spotted this Bhutan registered KIA today on E.M.Bypass
If you'd like shots of KIA, Daihatsu, toyota, Subaru imports, you should come to Siliguri, there are Bhutanese and Nepalese cars all over the city, especially during office hours.
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:21   #2337
Senior - BHPian

So the second white ghost has arrived in kolkata.

Any news of the Maserati which was supposedly seen by many?
Old 26th August 2011, 17:23   #2338
BHPian

I was surprised to find a rather new S with a british registration (it had AMG alloys) - could only see the front. tucked in one building at Entally. Anyone knows anything about this? Will try and take some shots next time. Possibly on a carnet. But was wondering what its doing there. On enquiring it has been around for a few days now.
Old 26th August 2011, 17:45   #2339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senindra View Post
I was surprised to find a rather new S with a british registration (it had AMG alloys) - could only see the front. tucked in one building at Entally. Anyone knows anything about this? Will try and take some shots next time. Possibly on a carnet. But was wondering what its doing there. On enquiring it has been around for a few days now.
I have seen that car along with a 7 series and a C-class( with AMG alloys) parked in a hotel near new market.

Also there has been spotted a Bentley CFS speed with UK reg,and i have seen a black range rover and a black cayenne both with london reg going around the city.Gods knows what are these cars doing here.
Old 2nd September 2011, 16:00   #2340
BHPian

A friends garage from Kolkata, that im sure most of you will recognize. The Ferrari and the AM have been spotted before on this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata-311445_10150768703190360_769175359_20340771_6083023_n.jpg  

Anmol89 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks