Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Stolen cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Did the news video show the 3700 RR as being one of the cars that were impounded? I am asking this because in this news video they showed a clipping of the Mumbai Supercar Rally also as a reference where this RR was present along with other imports.
So it could be that you may have mistaken the supercar rally clipping with the impounded car clip.
, That is what has happened..I know the owner of the vehicle and last night the car was driving along side mine. The Channel used the supercar run video to show the makes of the cars impounded and unfortunatly the cars shown are mistaken for the cars impounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
And there are a couple of grey F430's in Mumbai and a grey F430 Spider in Bangalore.
Would you be kind enough to direct me to a single Grey or any other color besides Red F430's in Mumbai. I am only asking since you seem to be aware of the couple of Grey F430's in Mumbai.
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

The White DL regd. 3700 Phantom is an Official import. Originally sold in Delhi then transferred to Mumbai.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:14   #48
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Would you be kind enough to direct me to a single Grey or any other color besides Red F430's in Mumbai. I am only asking since you seem to be aware of the couple of Grey F430's in Mumbai.
IIRC there was one grey F430 pictured in Team-BHP from Mumbai. It was snapped in the same building with a Nissan GTR and a Prado TZ. A white Audi TT was also pictured in the same building some time later.

Also a friend said that he saw a grey Ferrari F430 Spider with red interiors around the suburbs some 2 years back or so. I'm not sure of the existence of the either cars now but thought they might have been in somewhere in Mumbai.

Is the grey F430 Spider I mentioned the same one from Bangalore? The Bangalore Spider also is grey with red interiors.

Speedy bhai please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC there was one grey F430 pictured in Team-BHP from Mumbai. It was snapped in the same building with a Nissan GTR and a Prado TZ. A white Audi TT was also pictured in the same building some time later.

Also a friend said that he saw a grey Ferrari F430 Spider with red interiors around the suburbs some 2 years back or so. I'm not sure of the existence of the either cars now but thought they might have been in somewhere in Mumbai.

Is the grey F430 Spider I mentioned the same one from Bangalore? The Bangalore Spider also is grey with red interiors.

Speedy bhai please correct me if I'm wrong.
The two Grey Spyders you mention is the same car and is in Bangalore now. The information is of when the car had landed through a dealer in Mumbai. Mumbai has no other colored F430's except for the reds.
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:02   #50
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The two Grey Spyders you mention is the same car and is in Bangalore now. The information is of when the car had landed through a dealer in Mumbai. Mumbai has no other colored F430's except for the reds.
Oh my bad. I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

I should have guessed that grey Fezzas are rare enough, but by the moolah the Indian big-wigs have, its only somebody's guess how many supercars are around. Majority of them get featured in TBHP but I believe there are many more of these machines tucked away across the metros.

Any news about the Ferrari FF? Any buyers in India yet?
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:37   #51
BHPian

I was curious to know whether the DRI will have auctions for the cars impounded at some point of time?
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:04   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
Was watching the news a while ago . They were covering all the 40 cars.
There was one rolls that caught my eye. The White color one.. DL 3CY something. It has been featured here on Team BHP too. But i can't recollect where . Either in Mumbai or in Delhi. Some thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
Is this what you are talking about ?!

(Picture from the Rolls Royce Phantom Thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post1979420 )

With so many Security Features, I wonder how those thieves steal such an Expensive and one of the most Sophisticated Automobiles in the World and transport them all the way to India. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
The White DL regd. 3700 Phantom is an Official import. Originally sold in Delhi then transferred to Mumbai.
The White DL 3C AY 3700 RR Phantom was at the Supercar Show in Mumbai this year.
There is also another White Phantom DL 3C AY 4XXX but that belongs to a BHPian.
Attached Thumbnails
Stolen cars in India-p1230743.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2011, 19:10   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
I was curious to know whether the DRI will have auctions for the cars impounded at some point of time?
These will become the property of the insurnace companies who have been scammed, I guess
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:44   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There were posts of a yellow f430 and also a bhpian had snapped it. I think it was fordrocam who had snapped the F430. This seems to be the most elusive ferrari here. Also, it has not been spotted in any other city.
Old 4th May 2011, 00:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Hmm this seems familiar. All the mentioned cars have been seen at the Vasant Vihar petrol pump for sale. You can even see these cars in the Delhi thread. The report states that the dealer also lives in Vasant Vihar. The full list of the cars will be very interesting, something resembling the Gone in Sixty Seconds list (except the classic ones).
The dealer used to go to the same gym as me and every time he used to turn up in a different car followed by a scorpio filled with bodyguards!
Old 4th May 2011, 08:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

So is the DL3C AY XY99 Rolls Royce Phantom a car which has been confiscated by the DRI? Are you sure it was the same?
Old 4th May 2011, 09:53   #57
BHPian

The Maserati shown in the video, the one which has been confiscated, is it the white one with red interiors? Its pictures were posted on the forum before.
Old 4th May 2011, 09:59   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited View Post
The Maserati shown in the video, the one which has been confiscated, is it the white one with red interiors? Its pictures were posted on the forum before.
Was that one in Bangalore?
Old 4th May 2011, 10:05   #59
BHPian

I think so. But currently it resides in Pune. So just confirming if its still there!
Old 4th May 2011, 10:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I should have guessed that grey Fezzas are rare enough, but by the moolah the Indian big-wigs have, its only somebody's guess how many supercars are around. Majority of them get featured in TBHP but I believe there are many more of these machines tucked away across the metros.

Any news about the Ferrari FF? Any buyers in India yet?
There are plenty of cars tucked away for sure and would not make it to the forum...but colors on a car that are different get noticed immidiatly if spotted.

No news on the FF buyers yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
The cars like pointed out by Ajmat belong to the insurance companies abroad and after the matter is resolved the cars could be auctioned off. The time frame is unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
These will become the property of the insurnace companies who have been scammed, I guess
I dont think scammed would be the right word here. I know a neighbour of mine whose porsche was stollen in London and his car was found in another country. He did not scam anyone. Here it is a case of purchasing stollen goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
There were posts of a yellow f430 and also a bhpian had snapped it. I think it was fordrocam who had snapped the F430. This seems to be the most elusive ferrari here. Also, it has not been spotted in any other city.
That i believe is a 360 with NL plates and was last snapped in and around Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited View Post
That car was part of the first Supercar event too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks