Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 18:37   #931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Speedy,the Cayenne diesel does exist.Comes with a 3.0l V6.
We used to have a Petrol Cayenne and I had mentioned Diesel Cayenne so speedy thought I had bought one more.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:24   #932
BHPian

Captured a Hummer H2 yesterday..
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Goa-picture-17.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 20:28   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Captured a Hummer H2 yesterday..
Where? When? Who? GA reg?
Old 29th March 2010, 20:51   #934
BHPian

at candolim,whose i dont know,but not a GA reg from Maharashtra
Old 29th March 2010, 22:13   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Speedy,the Cayenne diesel does exist.Comes with a 3.0l V6.
I know it exists world wide, dont know if the world wide deliveries have started. India is yet to recieve a Diesel Cayenne even as a Demo car, so i was wondering how Indra got a hand on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
We used to have a Petrol Cayenne and I had mentioned Diesel Cayenne so speedy thought I had bought one more.
No actually i thought it was a typo as you mentioned the diesel in a hurry instead of petrol. That was your uncles car right, which you tested. I never thought you bought one more as you mentioned you tested all those SUV's.

Check with your father if you have any business address or property in Bombay or the outskirts. You could buy the Range Rover sport here and use it in Goa with MH plates. This would save you the 14% entry tax. Do also check with the Goa RTO for the registration norms. I have seen many high end cars with GA number plates in Bombay so i guess it would have been benificial for the owner to do so. Cars like the Range Rover, S class and 7 series.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:40   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I know it exists world wide, dont know if the world wide deliveries have started. India is yet to recieve a Diesel Cayenne even as a Demo car, so i was wondering how Indra got a hand on it.

No actually i thought it was a typo as you mentioned the diesel in a hurry instead of petrol. That was your uncles car right, which you tested. I never thought you bought one more as you mentioned you tested all those SUV's.

Check with your father if you have any business address or property in Bombay or the outskirts. You could buy the Range Rover sport here and use it in Goa with MH plates. This would save you the 14% entry tax. Do also check with the Goa RTO for the registration norms. I have seen many high end cars with GA number plates in Bombay so i guess it would have been benificial for the owner to do so. Cars like the Range Rover, S class and 7 series.
The last thing I will do is buy any car with MH reg (specially A high end one) and use it in Goa.

The people here are completely against cars which are not GA reg. Even in the most minor incidents you have 85% chance of being attacked even if its not your fault.

I have been in a situation like this when a AP reg Terracan met with a accident here in Goa which I was traveling in. Since my dad was pretty well know I got out of the incident or god knows what would have happened.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:50   #937
BANNED

Quote:
The people here are completely against cars which are not GA reg. Even in the most minor incidents you have 85% chance of being attacked even if its not your fault.
Totally agree. But you can get away if you speak in Konkani. However the cops will keep stopping you specially at night.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:54   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The last thing I will do is buy any car with MH reg (specially A high end one) and use it in Goa.

I have been in a situation like this when a AP reg Terracan met with a accident here in Goa which I was traveling in. Since my dad was pretty well know I got out of the incident or god knows what would have happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Totally agree. But you can get away if you speak in Konkani. However the cops will keep stopping you specially at night.

I was not aware of these issues that you face in Goa. I was looking more at the point of view of saving the 14% tax. Do ask in your office Indra of how the entry tax can be avoided or reduced. There would be a way as your firm is a large one, with exports as well.
Old 30th March 2010, 00:03   #939
BHPian

Indra, I know that at the end of the day its your father who is going to make the choice, and you will be upto convincing him.
If I had that kind of money, I'd seriously not put it on the Touareg but on the RR Sport instead. IMO that is the best SUV money can buy. Please let us know your decision and how you go about convincing him for it.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:03   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Indra, I know that at the end of the day its your father who is going to make the choice, and you will be upto convincing him.
If I had that kind of money, I'd seriously not put it on the Touareg but on the RR Sport instead. IMO that is the best SUV money can buy. Please let us know your decision and how you go about convincing him for it.
We all have a budget which is pretty tight. Sadly ours goes to a max of 70L not a rupee more(and the Range is much more). If I have to get the Range we will have to sell one of our cars which I don't want to.

Just for your info. In 2009 we bought E280 CDI,C200, Captiva, 320d, Laura and a Gypsy. This is between March 2009-March 2010. So its pretty tight.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:07   #941
BHPian

[quote=indra_slk;1797400]I need performance and the above cars are really under powered.[/quote

what are you planning on doing that you'd find an LC under powered??? i'm pretty damn sure if theres one car that could probably drive along the ocean bed, it'd be a LC! anyway, i guess you have your reasons for thinking so. I've been in Goa for a few months now, any action with the car scene?
Old 10th April 2010, 18:37   #942
BHPian

[quote=liv2drv;1824848]
Quote:
I need performance and the above cars are really under powered.[/quote

what are you planning on doing that you'd find an LC under powered??? i'm pretty damn sure if theres one car that could probably drive along the ocean bed, it'd be a LC! anyway, i guess you have your reasons for thinking so. I've been in Goa for a few months now, any action with the car scene?
Yes for the price its slower than a fortuner to 100.

A white bentley FS thats it. Please do let me know when you get your Porsche.
Old 14th April 2010, 20:20   #943
BHPian

Few pic of BMW X6 and Merc S 320.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Goa-dsc029351.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-dsc029301.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-dsc029311.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-dsc029341.jpg  

Old 14th April 2010, 20:54   #944
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Are you sure those are 18 inchers? I have the same design on my 5 and they're 17 inchers.
those are 18 inches alright and your 525i would have a different design unless the previous owner changed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i think one of my friends has a cayenne diesel. 90% sure.
Old 14th April 2010, 21:00   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasMAX View Post
Few pic of BMW X6 and Merc S 320.
Good going. I have already posted pics of all those cars.

Just an update: Spotted a Silver RR Vogue 2010 with GA reg and the guy was ripping it hard. He would have surely hit my Captiva if I dint go off the road.

19 Diesel Cayennes came to India last year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks