Originally Posted by JayR View Post
@ indra,

i guess north goa is completely dry.
north goa mostly has c class, e class, 3 series & few s class
Old 25th November 2009, 05:01   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
I was in Goa for an entire week, and didn't see anything ! Thought the Baga/Calangute/Anjuna region, where i was staying, was the place to see that F430, and the Masers. The most I saw was an old, rental cbr600. Was I at the wrong place? Not for the cars mentioned above, but generally.
Interesting.
Any idea as to how much they charge for it?
Old 25th November 2009, 10:36   #723
Senior - BHPian

I was in Goa on last weekend on a official cum family trip. Spotted few imports during the two days, but could snap only couple of them. A brand new Porsche Cayenne, marron colour from Panjim. The wheel doesn't look very attractive. A white SLK350 & the marque of Goa, VW Beetle. I've also seen another VW Beetle, S350, couple of Land Cruisers, Prados, Toyota MR2., etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_3960.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_3959.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_3957.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_3958.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_3956.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_3962.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_3929.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_4084.jpg  

Old 25th November 2009, 11:31   #724
BHPian

Hanmust, you sure are a lucky spotter! I definitely was at the wrong place then. Outside Brittos in baga, the most i saw was the old gen c class, the import model with rectangular lights.

@ Akshay,

I dunno bro, cause i had the luxury of a sponsored cab ferrying me everywhere. and two Enfield 500s. I was there to shoot the Rider Mania event, by royal enfield.

@ Indra,

I shall come back soon, with a vengance !

Last edited by JayR : 25th November 2009 at 11:32.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:45   #725
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, I had seen that SLK with red seats on my trip to Goa. Looks neat.
Also got to see the Black Quattroporte in Panjim & a white RR in Vasco-Apna Bazar area.
The Cayenne is asking for better wheels to look better. :P
Old 25th November 2009, 20:12   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
I was in Goa on last weekend on a official cum family trip. Spotted few imports during the two days, but could snap only couple of them. A brand new Porsche Cayenne, marron colour from Panjim. The wheel doesn't look very attractive. A white SLK350 & the marque of Goa, VW Beetle. I've also seen another VW Beetle, S350, couple of Land Cruisers, Prados, Toyota MR2., etc.
Wow !! GTS Red looks awesome on the Cayenne, But sad to see it on those skimpy rubbers and the rims are pathetic too. Btw, Is it the Base'st version or has the 'S' badge been removed ?? I dont think its GTS because they have Quad exhausts like the Turbo variant if im not wrong.
Old 26th November 2009, 13:23   #727
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Wow !! GTS Red looks awesome on the Cayenne, But sad to see it on those skimpy rubbers and the rims are pathetic too. Btw, Is it the Base'st version or has the 'S' badge been removed ?? I dont think its GTS because they have Quad exhausts like the Turbo variant if im not wrong.
It's not the GTS! It doesn't have the humongous 20" wheels and it doesn't have the four exhaust pipes and the sporty front bumper. This, in fact, is the base V6 variant. Still a good car! Packs a punch when you compare it to other SUVs and is easier on the wallet when you compare it to the higher end variants of the Cayenne!
Old 26th November 2009, 13:52   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I never said that its GTS, I was well aware that it was basic Cayenne as it didn't had sound of GTS. More over I don't think that anyone would debadge a GTS, either he may debadge fully (without even caynne badge) or else retain the badge!
Old 26th November 2009, 15:25   #729
BHPian

There is another red Cayenne owned by a famous ship building guy. He has the same GTS red paint BUT with 21" rims.That white SLK is owned by the same guy. Cayenne has reg 0088 I think and the SLK has similar reg.

BTW, Hanmust the MR-2(MR-S) you saw was it blue with a white stripe in the middle?

Fireblader, also saw the Intruder(& the RR Sport too) today outside my college. The owner had come to pick his daughter up and yes its has those fancy rims. Is he the same guy who sells cement? Most of his cars have chrome rims(Terracan, Innova etc)
Old 26th November 2009, 15:42   #730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I never said that its GTS, I was well aware that it was basic Cayenne as it didn't had sound of GTS. More over I don't think that anyone would debadge a GTS, either he may debadge fully (without even caynne badge) or else retain the badge!
Sorry Hanmust/Scorcher. I had misread your post. I assumed that you took it as a GTS for its colour.
Old 26th November 2009, 18:50   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
There is another red Cayenne owned by a famous ship building guy. He has the same GTS red paint BUT with 21" rims.That white SLK is owned by the same guy. Cayenne has reg 0088 I think and the SLK has similar reg.

BTW, Hanmust the MR-2(MR-S) you saw was it blue with a white stripe in the middle?

Fireblader, also saw the Intruder(& the RR Sport too) today outside my college. The owner had come to pick his daughter up and yes its has those fancy rims. Is he the same guy who sells cement? Most of his cars have chrome rims(Terracan, Innova etc)

You are right dude, SLK too had 0088.

Ya, the MR2 was blue, but I've not noticed the strip. I saw it from the open restaurant near the ferry cross @ Pajim.
Old 26th November 2009, 19:02   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never said you mistook it for the GTS, the color of the Cayenne is what i told to be GTS Red afaik the other shade of red/maroon has been discontinued by Porsche. I was confused with the variant as i did'nt see the S badge too. I too have mentioned it cant be GTS because of the lack of Quad Pipes and Bigger rims.
Old 26th November 2009, 19:22   #733
BHPian

Quote:
You are right dude, SLK too had 0088.

Ya, the MR2 was blue, but I've not noticed the strip. I saw it from the open restaurant near the ferry cross @ Pajim.
Than that exact one was mine! I sold it a few months back.
Old 28th November 2009, 23:03   #734
Senior - BHPian

Couple of more photos from Goa. The stretch 300D (W123) was spotted near the resort we stayed. This car was here to pick a bride groom to church for the marriage. When we talked to the driver, he told the owner is from Madgoan & he has a collection of about 26 vintage & classics. At present few of the cars have taken to Abhishek's upcoming movie set.

One of the Prado spotted at Church square @ Panjim.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Goa-image343.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-image344.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-image345.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-image346.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-image347.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_4332.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_4350.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_4333.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Goa-img_4152.jpg  

Old 29th November 2009, 00:10   #735
BHPian

Quote:
The stretch 300D (W123) was spotted near the resort we stayed. When we talked to the driver, he told the owner is from Madgoan & he has a collection of about 26 vintage & classics.
If my memory is correct, the G- Bidi people at Mangalore/ Bangalore had a very similar one some years back. But it was of a green colour, the same light green found on many W123's back then. There can't be many of those limos of similar model?

Last edited by Yeldo : 29th November 2009 at 00:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks