Old 25th February 2010, 20:52   #181
BHPian

Land Rover Freelander

Land Rover Freelander
Attached Thumbnails
Ratan Tata's cars-dgf.jpg  

Old 28th February 2010, 20:38   #182
BHPian

I got to know about one more interesting story about Mr. Ratan Tata from my colleagues. We have a Tata Chemical plant on 2nd floor of my Baner Road, Pune office. Nobody was intersted in its inguartation and everybody was busy in their daily routine life. Suddenly, out of all typical white coats of chemical scentists, one of my friend saw a person in suit. And he was Mr. Ratan Tata. No security guards, no assistant, no secretary running after him. He came at our place in simple Tata Safari (No modifications done), along with only driver. They came for inguartion. He chatted with all chemical scintists for almost 2 hours and then left.

How many times we see a high profile businessmen, showing attitude, with secretary running after them, coming in a simple car to meet 100 out of lakhs of his employees?
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:41   #183
BHPian

Ratan Tata and Italian cars

Check this out -

I had taken part in a fuel economy car rally - the idea is to see if you can complete the clue based rally i.e. go to the next level based on the clues you got and taking directions on a full tank of fuel. There were lots of cars there, 1959 VW Phaeton and Merc SL etc. on display (ho hum).
I started the rally, took the exit and turned left. I saw the back of a red Ferrari F430 (was recently launched then and I had seen it only Jeremy Clarkson driving on my PC).It was hot summers day and I could see it through the mirage (the effect you see in deserts) and could hear the roaring engine, it was a set of lights. I raced my car to the red light and saw some one in the Ferrari, didn't know who he was, gave him a thumbs up on the car and asked him to Revv it up, 60 secs to go before the light went green again.
I was stuck on the Ferrari, my dad was my co-driver and told me there is one more car ahead of the Ferrari. When I turned my head, it was F430's step sister from Italy itself - the Maserati Gran Tourismo and when I saw the driver - I was utterly taken aback. It was none other than the Chairman of Tata sons - the great Mr.Ratan Tata.!

I waved at him and he obliged back. I got out of my car - 20 secs still remaining for the signal to go green. I bowed down with my hands folded and he acknowledged that with a gentle revv from the Maserati.
A day I will never forget.!!!

Clearly, the great Mr. Ratan Tata owned two cars from the Fiat conglomerate. Apparently, I read in the news, thanks to the Tata-Fiat alliance, he was gifted the Ferrari by Luca Di Montezemolo, CEO Ferrari and had bought the Maserati himself

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd March 2010 at 17:32. Reason: Please use only two smilies per post. We would request you to go through the Rules. Thanks.
sameern.85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:02   #184
Senior - BHPian

Lovely, what color was the Maser GT?
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:03   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
It was dark blue, I could see the paddle shifts.!
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:09   #186
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameern.85 View Post

Clearly, the great Mr. Ratan Tata owned two cars from the Fiat conglomerate. Apparently, I read in the news, thanks to the Tata-Fiat alliance, he was gifted the Ferrari by Luca Di Montezemolo, CEO Ferrari and had bought the Maserati himself
Mate, If i know Correctly , Mr Tata is a Member of Board of Directors for FIAT SPA Italy . At least he deserve these Beauties Fully .
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:12   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Mate, If i know Correctly , Mr Tata is a Member of Board of Directors for FIAT SPA Italy . At least he deserve these Beauties Fully .
I know they know each other, but did not know that he is a member in the board. If thats the case, absolutely - he deserves them.!
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:20   #188
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2010 at 19:43.
prince_pervez is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:21   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know they know each other, but did not know that he is a member in the board. If thats the case, absolutely - he deserves them.!
He is the only Non-European to be there on the FIAT board of Directors FIAT GROUP - Board of Directors
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:13   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Quote:
It was dark blue, I could see the paddle shifts.!

Guys Mr.TATA has the Quatroportte and not the GT. This he has mentioned himself in the interview given to Autocar.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:55   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Guys Mr.TATA has the Quatroportte and not the GT. This he has mentioned himself in the interview given to Autocar.
Hey Speedy,

Had seen him driving the GT.
Pretty sure.!

Cheers..!
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:16   #192
BHPian

I've seen the dark blue Maserati quite a few times being driven around the Taj Mahal Hotel.
Speedy is right; it is a Quattroporte. Once you see the 4 doors it isn't hard to tell
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:39   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
He is the only Non-European to be there on the FIAT board of Directors FIAT GROUP - Board of Directors
Damn the short profile on him is pretty impressive.

You would run out of breath if you start calling out the names/number of groups/institutions etc where he is a Chairman. Apart from that he is part of so many crucial & important Boards.

Phew. Hats off to Mr Ratan Tata
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:32   #194
Senior - BHPian

OT:

guys did you check this out

Manmohan Singh most trusted politician in India: Reader's Digest - dnaindia.com

Quote:
The overall list of 100 most trusted public figures across India, comprises of public figures from varied professions and includes politicians, businessmen, film actors, sportspersons and renowned journalists in the country.
Former president APJ Abdul Kalam has been voted the most trusted person overall followed by Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata (second) and Kiran Bedi (third place).
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:09   #195
Senior - BHPian

Guys ! Hold that. Can't it be possible he have both the Quattroporte and Gran Turismo ? Anyone ? eh
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks