Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 14:52   #136
BHPian

Ratan Tata does not have a Veyron! Let's put all these controversies to rest. He is driven everyday in his green flying spur. He attends meetings in any of his Tata range of cars. His favorite car out of the Tata range is his Indica. It has custom leather interiors, but otherwise completely stock. He also drives himself very often. He's one of those men who loves challenges and adventures.

I believe that he did however drive a Veyron, but that was abroad...

He is a humble and very simple gentleman. He has immense respect for other individuals, and has a wide knowledgebase that transcends all age groups. Hence as my dad always says, "It's a pleasure to work with him".

cheers:
DocG

PS: If anyone wants to see Mr. Ratan Tata talking on his cell phone or working on his laptop in the back seat of his green Bentley Flying Spur, then come to the junction of the Eastern Express Highway and Ghandhinagar Flyover [Way to IIT Mumbai] around 8:30 AM he's always on time

PPS: Please no more talk of the Veyron. I know first hand that it's not there...At least not with Ratan.
Old 8th August 2008, 15:40   #137
BHPian

I think it was the year 1999 - 2000 and I was returning from abroad and was at Mumbai airport.
I was surprised to see, Ratan Tata in front of me. No body guards, secretaries, a** kissers etc around him. He carried his own bag and walked ahead of me.
He got out of the airport and was met by his driver who picked his bag and led him to a MARUTI 800. And off they went.
I got home and told this story but still felt like a dream ... The guy has no pretence or anything....
Old 8th August 2008, 16:27   #138
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
He got out of the airport and was met by his driver who picked his bag and led him to a MARUTI 800. And off they went.
M800 - you have to be joking. Its just not possible.
Old 8th August 2008, 17:15   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
M800 - you have to be joking. Its just not possible.

M 800 Ratan Tata, Does he fit in ?? He must be 6' + ?
Old 8th August 2008, 18:30   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post

PS: If anyone wants to see Mr. Ratan Tata talking on his cell phone or working on his laptop in the back seat of his green Bentley Flying Spur, then come to the junction of the Eastern Express Highway and Ghandhinagar Flyover [Way to IIT Mumbai] around 8:30 AM he's always on time

PPS: Please no more talk of the Veyron. I know first hand that it's not there...At least not with Ratan.
this maybe a stupid question but why does he go there everyday? his office is in bombay house and i havent ever seen a green flying spur parked there. maybe he got it recently?
Old 8th August 2008, 19:30   #141
BHPian

i doubt he will buy a veyron.first of all because he is a little old.i dont think he is a person who likes to drive fast or show-off something as fancy as a veyron.and i doubt his driver will drive it and he will sit in the passenger seat.sorry akshay1234 for talking about the veyron.
Old 8th August 2008, 20:14   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
this maybe a stupid question but why does he go there everyday? his office is in bombay house and i havent ever seen a green flying spur parked there. maybe he got it recently?
I know, but he's pretty much there every weekday. I can't even count the number of times I've seen him around...I believe he has 2 Flying Spurs BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
i doubt he will buy a veyron.first of all because he is a little old.i dont think he is a person who likes to drive fast or show-off something as fancy as a veyron.and i doubt his driver will drive it and he will sit in the passenger seat.sorry akshay1234 for talking about the veyron.
He drives real fast, and is pretty much a thrill seaker...But the Veyron is not for him.
Old 8th August 2008, 23:12   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
He handled the ride in the WSO seat of a F16 during last Indian Air show, I am pretty sure he can handle a veyron.
Old 8th August 2008, 23:22   #144
v10
BHPian

A very dissapointing thread....
anyone with a list with pictures??
Old 13th August 2008, 10:36   #145
BHPian

Mr. Ratan Tata - check on the green Flying Spur. Pass him often on and around Pedder Road.
Falcon 2000 - check on him flying himself. Start up, departure and upto cruising FL. Descent, approach and landing. When he is flying VT-T**, there is a little brown dog at the ramp which follows him down the ramp till the hold short line, and is again mysteriously around to follow him back in after landing. Apparently, Mr. Tata had found him at the hangar when he was a pup and instructed he be looked after.

To the gentleman who owns a fleet of aircraft, FYI, the C90 is a Beechcraft King Air (Turboprop), not a (Cessna) Citation (Jet)!
Old 8th November 2008, 12:24   #146
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ratan Tatas W124. Damn car looked like it rolled out of the factory yesterday!! Very impeccably maintained. Nice number too (5000).
Attached Thumbnails
Ratan Tata's cars-moto_0247.jpg  

Ratan Tata's cars-moto_0250.jpg  

Ratan Tata's cars-moto_0249.jpg  

Ratan Tata's cars-moto_0248.jpg  

GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2008, 12:29   #147
Senior - BHPian

ACI had a brief bit of news that he was getting himself a Ferrari ( california ?)
Old 25th November 2008, 18:14   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
ACI had a brief bit of news that he was getting himself a Ferrari ( california ?)
Yes it is the California that is being given to him. Man it helps to have tie ups with Fiat. This would be the first California in India.
Old 26th November 2008, 22:45   #149
BANNED

yes, i did hear the news that ratan tata was the first indian to book the california.
Old 27th November 2008, 08:35   #150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ratan Tatas W124. Damn car looked like it rolled out of the factory yesterday!! Very impeccably maintained. Nice number too (5000).
What a superbly maintained car. It does look like it was rolled out very recently.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks