Team-BHP - Pics: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Accident in Bombay!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Accident in Bombay!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/43666-pics-lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-accident-bombay-4.html)

Accident took place at 4 in the morning under the Vakola flyover. Owner was taking a right turn under the flyover towards the Hyatt and he lost control and went over the divider.
Driver is perfectly fine and had no injuries at all.

P.S: Its the same car whose pics I had put up when it had landed in Mumbai.

Did the accident happen due to inability of the driver to control the 'high power' of the car.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prithvi (Post 930614)
Real Shame. This is what happens to all the rich kids or owners who have the bread but are not trained to drive high performance cars.

Should Maruti must train its SX4 customers since it is the high power offering from them? Or what is the limit of 'high power'? 150BHP? 50 lakhs?
Quote:

We need to have professional performance drivers train clients who can afford these wonderful cars. What a pity this happend, but I guess the guy may be so rich that he will just write it off and buy another 1 next week.
MH-01-KA-4545 is the number on LP640.
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 930655)
if your talking of a red F430 then it belonged to Sanjay Dutt, dont know who the current owner is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S600BENZ (Post 930822)
Accident took place at 4 in the morning under the Vakola flyover. Owner was taking a right turn under the flyover towards the Hyatt and he lost control and went over the divider.

Just goes to show how fast he was taking the turn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 930666)
what would the insuring company do with this totalled car?

Don't tell me you are planning to fit the V12 into your Gypsy and tear the Western ghats apart :D

BTW Lamborghini made a pathetic offroader called the LM. Crude beast, but what a V12!!

Well pretty shocking picture. Hope the driver was safe but look at the mess this car is in!!

I initially thought that the roads were wet. Its not. Well looking at the front, looks like he did jump the median and hit the pavement on the other side of the road.

Surprising that no one in T-Bhp caught it for so long. If manishasrani had been in Mumbai he would have had the fotos out pronto.

If its Sanju's car, how come it didn't come out in the press in India.

Did a google and can only see t-bhp post with the relevant information !!

Good to know that the driver was unhurt.
But the financial loss must've hurt the driver big time. No matter, how deep the pockets may be.

Damn what a waste:Frustrati This car is going to be totalled for sure. One question want to ask do our insurance comany insure such kind of vehicles?

That's really sad! let's hope everyone escaped unhurt.
Am still not able to digest the fact that a Murci was totalled! It's my dream car!

My heart just broke ..

What a waste..

Whoa, thats a bad crash...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSyn (Post 930411)
Shame this wasn't in Bangalore else some hero / industrialist type would be in ICU by now.

Care to explain Dude ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S600BENZ (Post 930822)

Glad to know he is fine. Was he drunk at that time or just doing some car racing stuff which i had heard goes on in night time in mumbai?
i saw that thread of yours and its a real shame the car ended like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prithvi (Post 930614)
Real Shame. This is what happens to all the rich kids or owners who have the bread but are not trained to drive high performance cars. We need to have professional performance drivers train clients who can afford these wonderful cars. What a pity this happend, but I guess the guy may be so rich that he will just write it off and buy another 1 next week.

Sir i beg to differ on this. No matter how rich you are but a loss is always a loss(thankfully only financial in this case). For Eg - Even if you got 100 rupees in your pocket and you lose 30 you do feel the pinch of losing 30 irrespective of the fact you still got 70 in pocket!

Thats some serious damage!:Shockked: I guess he blasted down that straight and carried too much speed to take the turn.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireblader85 (Post 930404)
Car has been done up completely now.

So the car is out and running now after 2 months?

phew for a minute I thought it was Ecksreturns who got into an accident then I read the thread title completly!

But gosh is this bad! When did it happen?

If its on the WE highway I think the car was either coming or going to China house, I have seen it there on several occasions. Could be a case of drunken driving but its best not to jump to such conclusions.

I had read somewhere that the car was up for sale probably after being repaired?

what when....and how...???
and why GOD why???
More details please !!!!
P.S. Does the insurance company pay for the import duty + freight Charges if the car is damaged beyond repair???