Team-BHP - Pics: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Accident in Bombay!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Accident in Bombay!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/43666-pics-lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-accident-bombay-5.html)

I'm deeply saddened. Poor owner/driver. God knows what he/she is going through!!

certainly the same LP as seen in Worli, behind the popular citibakery..glad to know the owner/drivers safe after such a accident..

could this be the same car,its a yellow lp640

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 930618)
I am curious to know how this accident took place. High speed highway stunt + unexpected obstacle? Or simple oversteer?

Oversteer seems a little unlikely because of the AWD, maybe he lifted off mid bend at high speed & it snapped into oversteer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csentil (Post 930909)
If its Sanju's car, how come it didn't come out in the press in India.

It is not Sanjay Dutt's car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab1xlr8 (Post 931255)

Looks like it, is even missing the front right wheel.

@ ab1xlr8 - Chances of it being the same care is 99.99999%. I would really faint and fall of my chair if this is the "SECOND" LP 640 in "Mumbai" or even in "India" which crashed, in such a manner !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab1xlr8 (Post 931255)

the car is now trash:deadhorse

i wonder if he would buy another one after this one:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by senindra (Post 931301)
@ ab1xlr8 - Chances of it being the same care is 99.99999%. I would really faint and fall of my chair if this is the "SECOND" LP 640 in "Mumbai" or even in "India" which crashed, in such a manner !

They are 2 different LP640 as you can see in the 1st picture the 2 front wheels are missing and front is OK & in the above picture the front wheels are present and front is totally smashed.

Did you faint ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by gowda79 (Post 931481)
They are 2 different LP640 as you can see in the 1st picture the 2 front wheels are missing and front is OK & in the above picture the front wheels are present and front is totally smashed.

Did you faint ???

dude its the same car! the wheels had been removed later.
I wonder if that guy had any insurance of the mighty lambo!
any idea how old is the pic?

Hi gowda79,

:) Luckily I did not. But hey - I just checked the pictures once more and I feel it is the SAME LP640.

My reasons :

Check pictures No.1, 2 and 7 uploaded by Brabus E V 12 and then compare it with the picture uploaded by ab1xlr8 you will notice, both the cars have only their "LEFT" wheel intact(well not exactly intact, but it is there). The "RIGHT" wheel is not present in any of the pictures.

A pity never the less.

Indra

Quote:

Originally Posted by gowda79 (Post 931481)

Did you faint ???

it looks like the same one to me as well . what a pity nevertheless :(

even if it is completely restored, I wonder how much moolah went into it.
Plus the biggest question, If done in India Who did it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 930725)
I would not agree with you Prithvi. it would not be right to blame rich kids as not all high performance cars are driven by Rich kids. its an unfortunate accident that could have happened to anyone. its just bad luck and like they say the owner was at the wrong place at the wrong time. if the same accident happend in a normal car you would not even bother and not blame the driver irrespective of him being from a rich or normal family.

Yeah, the bigger issue is that there are hardly any roads where you can enjoy these cars in India. It is mostly about arriving at club, hotel. Those who prefer the driving experience have plenty of toys parked overseas. Forget the rich show off kids, what about the poor kids who in Swifts and Verna?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 930807)
in the case of Alister Parrera the person who ran over the pavement dwellers. he was returning from some party and was under the innfluence of alchohol according to reports. so it would be right to blame him.

They were not supposed to be sleeping on the pavement.

Quote:

our own member had his Bmw M3 hit in the rear by not one but two bikers would you Blame him now for being rich. an accident is an accident afterall right.
That I completely agree with. Circumstances, and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just a sad case of someone learning the limits of the vehicles. In my opinion, that should be tried on a track. There is a fine line between traction and control, and loss of control.

This is just so sad. Hope the driver got out ok. I did read in some tests that the LP640 was a bit tricky over the limit.