Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 17:06   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Today while returning from college at around 4:10 spotted a white Bentley Arnage near Hi-Tech city...man what a great road presence it was having..

Sorry no pics as it passed away very fast..
I saw this white Bentley too yesterday near the Hitec City Signal at 230 pm
Old 15th July 2009, 13:49   #1247
Senior - BHPian

that mystery Toyota Sera like car looks like a Mazda MX3 to me.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:15   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
that mystery Toyota Sera like car looks like a Mazda MX3 to me.
thats not a mazda.
its having some strange logo in the front...

i could not manage to get the front pic..
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2009, 14:19   #1249
BHPian

I suppose its a toyota celica.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:34   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
I suppose its a toyota celica.
i do know how toyota symbols looks like bro and also celica is far different from this car..

at the rear i saw some name but cant remember it..i only remember seeing some Az3 printed on it..tried to google but couldn't find any thing like this one..
Old 15th July 2009, 23:12   #1251
BHPian

Also happened to see a TBHP Honda City at City Centre on sunday , a black TBHP Baleno near LG Best Buy at Jubilee Hills yesterday and today , a maroon Touareg , and a red BMW 316i at Jubilee Hills.
Old 16th July 2009, 05:07   #1252
BHPian

@syedhafeez: it sure is a mazda mx3 without any badges.google it you'll know
Old 16th July 2009, 07:22   #1253
BHPian

you are right @ suped99
That is a mazda mx3, Its a older model car though. It looks like a early to mid 90's model
Old 16th July 2009, 11:17   #1254
BHPian

It looks the same but i saw some different and very strange logo (i guess the logo was in red, blue and white colour)..
Old 16th July 2009, 13:58   #1255
BHPian

Spotted 2 Volvo XC90's , 1 Lexus LX470 , 1 Audi Q5 , 1 Audi Q7 and 1 RangeRover on my way back from college.
Old 17th July 2009, 11:33   #1256
HPP
BHPian

The car in question is for sure a Mazda MX3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
it could be a rumour but apparently the supra has 900 horses under its hood.. the thing got thrashed by a stock sky GTR (New) with 570hp even though he got a bad start. the driver by the looks of it gave the supra evrything he had in it but the GTR was simply ferocious when accelerating (to think this beast was primarily made to corner well than perform in a straight line drag). And the M3 looked like it was going in reverse compared to the GTR... Insane.
All in all a very badly organised event (as expected) with what I can only assume the fewest no. of participants ever to take part in a Drag, considering Hyd alone has more than 2 dozen exotic sports cars and numerous superbikes. None of the spectators knew wat speeds they were doin, wat times they clocked nor even who won the race if it was a close one !!!! It was sad to see just four or five sports cars, one yam R6 take part and not a single R1 even attended the race...Very sad. I wonder why APMSC cant pull any strings and hold the event in the old airport in Begumpet. Now that would be one hell of an event with the whole runway to ourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Its difficult to put 900 horses down to the wheels. But such races show and help analyse where these highly modded cars need improvement.

Nissan Gt-R is a big improvement over the Skyline GT-R 34 (minus the looks and the conventional stick tranny though the semi auto tranny is great itself) and surely puts it in the big league.

It would be interesting to see if the slightly modded GTR with the mentioned 570 horses manage to out run a stock Gallardo and F430.
GTR should be a good race for both, and would probably beat both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
I agree that putting 900 horses on the tarmac is quite tough during the race start, but what i saw was astonishing as the GTR started slow and the supra lept ahead and only later the GTR overtook after both engaged 3rd gear, where neither tyres were spinning. Can a 900hp supra have trouble with traction even in 3rd gear ?? was it turbo lag ??
Yes a Supra(or any car) can have loss of traction in 3rd gear. It would be hard to tell if it was turbo lag in this case(in this sense it would be "falling out of boost between gears), but it could be a possibility.

My bet is the Supra is "capable" of 900hp with it's current setup, but isn't producing that kind of power currently(or at either of the races I've seen videos of). Believe me, a Supra making that kind of power will make it VERY clear it is making that kind of power.. Meaning there will be a drastic/obvious difference in power between it and whomever the car is racing against. My educated/experienced guess would be the car is making somewhere in the range of 500whp or 560ish crank hp.

I'd like to talk to the owner of the car and find out the details of the car. Also see what the tune is, if he needs help, I'm sure we could help him produce the hp that car is capable of.

Last edited by HPP : 17th July 2009 at 11:49.
Old 17th July 2009, 20:07   #1257
BHPian

Video: GTR ---- "900 HP" SUPRA

Old 17th July 2009, 22:01   #1258
HPP
BHPian

Yeah I saw that video. The outcome is the exact opposite of what should have happened. The GTR should have beat the Supra off the line and then the Supra should have caught up and passed(if he indeed was making the claimed power). In either case, the GTR should have had a lead off the starting line regardless of the Supra's power. The way the two cars are virtually even once they are both in the higher gears shows the actual power level the Supra is at.. exactly what I guessed in my last post. The capability of the Supra isn't in question obviously, as we all know what a Toyota Supra can be, it's just in this case, the claimed power levels do not add up to the performance it's displaying.
Old 18th July 2009, 02:37   #1259
BHPian

Few pics of the supra posted on the drag race thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-3.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-8.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-9.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-10.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-13.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-14.jpg  

Last edited by viper9999 : 18th July 2009 at 02:39.
Old 18th July 2009, 12:02   #1260
HPP
BHPian

I just notice the front brakes on that Supra. I'm wondering if that car started life as a non turbo? Either way, when built right, they can make same/similar power of the factory TT cars/motors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks