Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 22:59   #31
BHPian

I just love GT R s
I wish I was in MP, I am desperate to see one !!!
Old 17th October 2008, 23:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
I just love GT R s
This car is not in MP....
Old 17th October 2008, 23:57   #33
BHPian

Those who watch Top Gear will already know this, but

the power from each engine is always different, as the engines are built by hand, in an environment completely free of any contamination

the tires are filled with nitrogen because normal air is considered too unstable!(which poses the question, how is he going to manage that aspect??)

Whatta bloody BEAST!!! Any idea how much it costs on road after importing?
Old 18th October 2008, 00:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Not sold it yet.Waiting to get my desired price, if i don't get the price i rather keep it and do some engine modifications.I guess it is no point in getting such powerful cars when we don't have proper roads to drive on. If we had much better roads then would be a awesome car.I feel bad for ecksreturns when he has a car like the LP640 he can't use it to the fullest.Even if he tries to use it to the fullest there is always something that will come on the road like cows,dogs and people!
. Ok, i would say keep it as the price quoted by you is on the higher side and nowdays you have a wider choice in the sports car segment so cars like the MRS get left out.
The GT R is not as powerful as the LP640 but it is powerful in its own right. This car can be driven on any surface like a normal car. This car can be used to almost full potential unlike the LP640. I dont know how the roads in Goa are and the last i remember them being narrow so you would not be able to enjoy the car with traffic and bikes around.

@ rranjith_kum the car is in Bombay not MP.

Last edited by speedy : 18th October 2008 at 00:44.
Old 18th October 2008, 01:43   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Not sold it yet.Waiting to get my desired price, if i don't get the price i rather keep it and do some engine modifications.I guess it is no point in getting such powerful cars when we don't have proper roads to drive on. If we had much better roads then would be a awesome car.I feel bad for ecksreturns when he has a car like the LP640 he can't use it to the fullest.Even if he tries to use it to the fullest there is always something that will come on the road like cows,dogs and people!
trust me you would not say that after u go there. i was expecting the same before i landed there. its heaven from where i stay in bombay surely. some roads there u can reach full speeds that the 640 can give out. beautiful roads and made of tar. not like made in china bombay roads where they break or tear or dissapear in one day itself
Old 18th October 2008, 03:00   #36
BHPian

Dang!! i want to car jack that guy! lol. the guys got brilliant choice i must say.
Old 18th October 2008, 11:04   #37
Team-BHP Support

Awesome pics patra! (especially the 3rd one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
...the tires are filled with nitrogen because normal air is considered too unstable!(which poses the question, how is he going to manage that aspect??) ...
Shouldnt be too hard to find someone who does it :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-nitrogen.html

cya
R
Old 18th October 2008, 12:13   #38
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I dont remember his CL being an AMG. I think it was 500 not sure. He did have a Brabus S class at one point.
Yes, his was a CL55 AMG. Check this thread out, it has lots of pics of the CL.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-cl55-amg.html

Last edited by v12 : 18th October 2008 at 12:16.
Old 18th October 2008, 12:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Yes, his was a CL55 AMG. Check this thread out, it has lots of pics of the CL.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2042-pic-me-cl55-amg.html
Thank you will check it out. Whenever i met him he was almost always in his porsche or Range Rover. Once i saw him at the Gym with the Brabus S. I knew he got the CL but did not know it was the Amg otherwise i would have gone to his place to see it. Any idea who bought the car as i have not seen it on the roads.
Old 18th October 2008, 12:56   #40
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The CL55 AMG is now in Chennai. Check this post for more info :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...tml#post893528

An interesting point to note. His CL55 and RR Autobiography shared the same registration number.
Old 18th October 2008, 13:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
The CL55 AMG is now in Chennai. Check this post for more info :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...tml#post893528

An interesting point to note. His CL55 and RR Autobiography shared the same registration number.
Yes that i am Aware off. Both cars never came on the road at the same time. The RR had proper papers.
His porsche and Land Cruiser were siezed by the customs for faulty paperwork, and i saw them last was four years ago at the customs wherehouse at Parel.
Old 18th October 2008, 14:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
I just love GT R s
Ranjit trust me for this you would not want to be in MP ever!!

There are practically no roads here. Even if you do find some road here, you will not find a single person who has any road sense whatsoever.

The reason you see so many cars which are MP registered is simple. These cars usually do not have any kind of papers on them. Getting them registered in any small town in MP is a child's play.
More so you will find, many MP registered exotics are actually some loading rickshaw or a goods carrying vehicle.
At times you can find some bike's no. on a car too.
In short- All fake nos. put on the cars.

I hard earlier pointed out an example of a porsche 911 turbo, which was MP 09 (indore) registered. In the RTO's website here, the particular registration no. is of a Ashok Leyland Truck.

Wonder how do these people get away with this kind of "Jhol".
Old 18th October 2008, 15:18   #43
BHPian

[quote=Nitronium;1019915]

the tires are filled with nitrogen because normal air is considered too unstable!(which poses the question, how is he going to manage that aspect??)

dude no offense but ,,air contains 78.08 nitrogen in it.. so i personally dont feel we need to pay and get nitrogen filled in our tyres lol.. unless one is racing on the tracks of formula 1 ..

theres a dude here in hyd who charged RS.20 per tyre to fill nitrogen.. dont personally feel its worth it..not with relevence to the money, but with relevence with the fact of air contents as i have said before..
Old 18th October 2008, 15:25   #44
BHPian

The GTR is far better than the 911 Turbo , cheaper , faster on the Nurburing.It is very japanese , you know the body design was inspired by WW2 japanese fighter , Samourai armour and Gundam robots.
What is the price of trhe Nissan GTR in India after taxes?
Old 18th October 2008, 16:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

The range rover is still with him. Atleast till the last time i saw.

Speedy could you get pics of the 911 turbo. Or is it still to be delivered to him..??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks