Team-BHP - Prices of Imported Cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Prices of Imported Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/51341-prices-imported-cars-4.html)

@liv2drv: How did you manage to get the 530i for just 36 lakhs! It cost almost 50 now in India. Were all duties etc paid back then?

Does anyone know how much a mini cooper decently loaded (normal version not S) would cost OTR here?

even i have no clue on how we got it for 36. But then again, back then a mercedes e class was 38. I have no clue on what they are now, but i presume a lot more. I dont buy any of my cars through the official dealers in Delhi. I only trust one person, and that is who i buy all my cars from. In fact, even when i import my cars directly like the porsche, h2, etc. he has them cleared for me. I find the official dealers in Delhi are the biggest chors!! the more exotic the brand, the worse they get!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1136214)
@liv2drv: How did you manage to get the 530i for just 36 lakhs! It cost almost 50 now in India. Were all duties etc paid back then?

Does anyone know how much a mini cooper decently loaded (normal version not S) would cost OTR here?

Sahil,
In 2005 that were the prices for the E and the 5. Today, they are in the 45/50 lacs racket.
Mini cooper should cost approx. 35lacs on road. But the question is how will it come in? The $40000+ value car import under OGL becomes applicable, and then the cost goes to 40+lacs. Unless CBU import by the company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 1135182)
Overheard that the BMW X6 3.0d cost Rs 1.2 cr - grey market

Apparently BMW India is quite pissed with some of the imported car dealers making a nice premium by selling the X6 before they've brought it in. They say that they're getting it here soon & will price it very competitively.

You snooze, you lose, right?! They will realise that people get impatient and when that happens someone else makes the money they could have! It's the same story with the E90 ///M3. Dunno why they won't import one for a customer, when it's being sold here in E92 and E93 guise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75 (Post 1136535)
You snooze, you lose, right?! They will realise that people get impatient and when that happens someone else makes the money they could have! It's the same story with the E90 ///M3. Dunno why they won't import one for a customer, when it's being sold here in E92 and E93 guise.

The E90 will be a big hit with the prospective C and or E-AMG buyers due to it's understated(4-door) looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby05 (Post 1136262)
Sahil,
Mini cooper should cost approx. 35lacs on road. But the question is how will it come in? The $40000+ value car import under OGL becomes applicable, and then the cost goes to 40+lacs. Unless CBU import by the company.

cant it come the same way the Evo X, RX-8 came in

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1135137)
Slowdriver might be usefull to put the make, model, year, and color so all of us are better informed. Better yet put pics without plate obviously. Most dealers are cheats and never bother to report history and our system is least helpful to straight walking people so there is no legal (read prolonged humiliation in court without justics) recourse for innocent buyers so atleast we can know which cars are tampered with :)

It wasnt actually a garage...it was some industrial complex.It was between Mulund and Bhandup.
I was shocked to see vehicles being readied for getting painted out in the open.The contact who took me there said these imported cars would be sold after being re painted.
So,all I want to say is be careful of where you buy from.

Hi Mates...

After the incident of two door sports coupe Toyota Cynos... that went for a steal price (1.3L) to a dealer I thought we should have a thread for imported cars going for cheap....

Lets keep this thread simple,

- We will only post information of imported cars known to us/ that we came across that are at a cheap bargain price....

@MOD: this thread does not belong in market place as we are not selling something that belongs to us, but sharing information to other T-Bhpians interested in buying one... what said :)

I am now in look out for similar cars and would keep the thread updated....

What we mean cheap is... imported cars selling for below 2L .....

- REITZ

Why 2 L why not any imported car what are the prices and bargains we have seen/heard of

Lets not keep it 2L, its pointless, lets just leave this thread as a thread where impiorted cars are sold or info about them is available.

hi guys

it would be great help if someone could tell me what are the documents i should check before taking a 2008 car from an car importer ; in chennai.

That is , what are documents that i should check ? what are the documents that i should take from him ? What papers from rto should i ask along with car ? What is the tax to be payed to the govt ? How many documents should i be carrying to have worry-free time with my new ride ?

It would be great help if someone could help me with accurate info in this.

Am i am posting this here as i could not find appropiate thread with all the answers. Mods kindly help if i am wrong.

Thanks

Vishnu

If it is an Import the following is curcial:

1) Bill of Ladding (which shows the amount of duty paid) or Bill of entry. This is the most abused process where people/dealer underinvoice and or tamper with the amount of duty paid the DRI is confiscating such cars so you will end up loosing it and the money you paid. You must see the original and not photocopies.

2) Same as above goes if the car is a TR/under US$ 40K

3) Original RTO papers

4) NOC form RTO for transfer if you are transfering it to another state

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1177426)
If it is an Import the following is curcial:

1) Bill of Ladding (which shows the amount of duty paid) or Bill of entry. This is the most abused process where people/dealer underinvoice and or tamper with the amount of duty paid the DRI is confiscating such cars so you will end up loosing it and the money you paid. You must see the original and not photocopies.

2) Same as above goes if the car is a TR/under US$ 40K

3) Original RTO papers

4) NOC form RTO for transfer if you are transfering it to another state

thanks cannonball .. but my doubts are :

1) Whats the duty amount for new/used car ?

2) TR/under US$ 40K ; duty amount is different ?

3) Does it shows as imported or any details of the import in RTO papers ?

another things is that does the duty amount changes depending on country of orgin for same car/model ??

thanks

Vishnu

[quote=machhan81;1177554]thanks cannonball .. but my doubts are :

1) Whats the duty amount for new/used car ?

2) TR/under US$ 40K ; duty amount is different ?

3) Does it shows as imported or any details of the import in RTO papers ?

another things is that does the duty amount changes depending on country of orgin for same car/model ??

1) Between 135% to 150%. Used cars can only come in on TR
2) Duty for TR cars is somewhere in the 150% range may be higher. This is the tricky bit and where the dealer takes you for a ride. As far as I know a car that came on TR in 2008 cannot be sold for 2 or is it 3 years the last I checked. If you are still interested in getting into an arrangment sale (some legal documents) better buy it from the guy who actually got it down and not the dealer - since the dealer is offering it this strongly smells I would stay away. The 2nd most important thing is these days RTO and cops are getting tough so if your car is any accident (you are hit/you hit somebody) and the person in your/other car dies you are in big trouble as the car is not directly in your name as per what I told you above.

I don't think RTO has any details at least the new format rectangular/computer generated slips don't state this. I think the old handwritten ones stated imported car and thats it. Boss I am not sure whether you are buying or selling one! as I already told you the first thing you need to see is the Bill of Ladding/Billd of entry it states everything what duty paid etc. If the guy can't produce it (the orignal) then stay away unless you are desperate!

Nikhil