Team-BHP - Prices of Imported Cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Prices of Imported Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/51341-prices-imported-cars-5.html)

Nikhil ,

so the documents i should ask would be the bill of lading and also check how much has he valued the car and how much tax he have paid !

I am buying a SUV and i dont intend to sell it anytime soon, and i guess i dont have to worry about the name thing as he has told me that he would get the car registerd in my name and then give to me.

anywayz thanks a ton mate !

vishnu

Yes the tax maybe an indicator if you work it backwards but check the TR sale clause in the customs website last I check a TR car cannot be sold so for 2/3years if this is a TR car he will fix it for you but I strongly advise you against this check with other forum members! Also there is a lot of checking going on these days so you may be thinking they will never get to where you are but the folks here in Mumbai thought like you as well and we keep hearing from friends and reading the news of people getting fixed by the authorities. If it is a US$ 40k and above new car imported then you have no issues otherwise best of luck.

A lot of mumbai cars "SUV's" have disappeared to the south as DRI is on the prawl. I am sure its port of entry is navaseva or liongate just casually ask the dealer if it came through mumbai port if it is new car above US$ 40k you have no problem

Yes , it is well above the US$40k mark , so i guess i have one less probelm lol:

Anywayz thanks for your input. Hope other BHP'ians would do the same !

Overheard that the R8 costs Rs 1.4 crores on the indian roads. Is it so ?

syed, from my observation you can get an approximate the cost of the high-end imports by doubling the actual cost of the car in US ( in dollars ). For US prices you can check websites like intellichoice, autobytel, etc...

Ex : 2008 R8 Automatic :

Invoice: $109,740
Retail: $118,000
Target Price: $118,000
COST OF OWNERSHIP: $124,316

So..Approx cost in india would be : 1.18 crore

Also, check the 5 yr cost of ownership : It basically costs 1.24 crore to own it
for 5 yrs ( ie. including finance costs, repair, maintenance, depreciation costs etc ).

Again as I said earlier, this will give you an approximate cost :)

I am thinking of importing a Mazda RX8 from UK. Probably a 2006 model. If i purchase the car in UK for about 6 Lakhs INR, what would be the approximate final value of the car, including duty and shipping etc ? I am not aware of the duty etc of used cars so if anyone's aware please let me know.
Thanks

Used car unless registered in you name in UK for 1 year and you also being a NRI (stay outside India for 183 plus days/year over 2 years) for the period of ownership are 2 prerequistes for importing used cars. If you satisfy these 2 requirments you have to 130% to 150% of the value of the car in duties plus some US$ 1000 to 3000 in shipping insurance and other misc expenses.

The R8 otr delhi is 1.2 Cr. Does anyone know how much would the nissan GTR and the Cadillac CTS-V coupe would cost? Love the sharp lines of the CTSV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderV12 (Post 2160127)
The R8 otr delhi is 1.2 Cr. Does anyone know how much would the nissan GTR and the Cadillac CTS-V coupe would cost? Love the sharp lines of the CTSV.

Nissan GTR would begin at around 90Lac and goes upto 1.15 Cr depending upon the loadings.

Cadillac CTS would cost approx. 53 Lac onwards

These would be the approx. landed prices excluding the registration and insurance charges.

all cheers

dcs

What would a Mazda Rx-8 cost?

and what are the import duties on used cars?

Regards

if not mistaken you have to shell out approximately 180% of the car value as the duty for used cars. and no, under invoicing the car will not make any difference. the custom officials here know how to assess a car's worth.

Mudit, I am not very sure if we can legally import a Mazda RX 8 to India. The Open General License restricts the import of Petrol car with engine smaller than 3.0 L, Mazda I believe is a 1.8 L.

dcs