Team-BHP - Pics: Land Rover Defender
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Land Rover Defender (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/6927-pics-land-rover-defender-4.html)

i spotted a white colord Brand new1 at BKC belongs to American Embassy will post pics very soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugatti_86 (Post 1641575)
i spotted a white colord Brand new1 at BKC belongs to American Embassy will post pics very soon.

I guess that would belong to the British consulate. The have a White Range Rover Vogue and they had a 94 Discovery too. I have seen the Defender on numerous occasions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 1641621)
I guess that would belong to the British consulate. The have a White Range Rover Vogue and they had a 94 Discovery too. I have seen the Defender on numerous occasions.

Yeah it might be,also it was followed by Toyota Innova belonging to the same embassy seen in the second pic.

Thats a Lovely Defender. Well kept ! Nice Snaps too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1640568)
Here is a 1970 Land Rover Series II I spotted from B'lore couple of days back. It's well kept & retain its orginality except on couple of things like the front seat upholostry, tyres (not Jeep thread), don't have indicator glass on front, etc. I couldn't check the engine as the battery was out of charge. They said everything including the 4wd & generator is working and they also said that it has got a winch which is removed & kept seperately.

Beautiful snaps of the LR

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugatti_86 (Post 1644718)
Yeah it might be,also it was followed by Toyota Innova belonging to the same embassy seen in the second pic.

Thats the new American consulate site in BKC so i guess this one belongs to the American Consulate. Strange as it seems but from the Navigators and the Fords the Americans have moved to British or rather Indian Vehicles :).

Quote:

Wow, lovely Defender. Love it! clap:Nice find dude!

BTW where exactly is the location, seems very familiar, but can't recall!

Great pictures of the LR Defenders in our country. Loved the latest one very much.

Quote:

does this defender has DL plates?? i have seen a def. exactly like this one last month here in kolkata.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1645340)
BTW where exactly is the location, seems very familiar, but can't recall!

That is Bandra Kurla Complex Hani.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit V8 (Post 1645358)
does this defender has DL plates?? i have seen a def. exactly like this one last month here in kolkata.

It runs on Consulate plates and is Bombay based. There are many Defenders (2 door and 4 door) that look like this one in the Country.

Speedy the british high commission also has a very large office in BKC, infact it is going to be their main embassy in mumbai soon much like the American embassy keeping who two equally important hubs in Mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 1645650)
That is Bandra Kurla Complex Hani.

Oh, yes, I've been this area many times, but some how forgot when I saw in the photo!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1645950)
Speedy the british high commission also has a very large office in BKC, infact it is going to be their main embassy in mumbai soon much like the American embassy keeping who two equally important hubs in Mumbai.

Yes but i was informed this perticular site is for the American Consulate. So does this mean i was misinformed about the perticular site in the pictures and is the British Consulate site.

very nice looking Defender indeed - Khaki Drab colour 110 chassis - looks straight out of one of those "desert safari/ adventurer/ explorer" movies!

Quote:

Yes it is Bandra Kurla Complex & the circular shaped building seen in the 2nd & 4th pic is the newly opened TRIDENT Hotel & the site which is under construction is coming up with US consulate.Both Innova & Defender sported Embassy Number Plates.