Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 01:04   #31
BHPian

why cant they? if these guys officially launch the car here ( bring down a LHD on carnet) to see the response, i am pretty sure at least one person in india must be dumb enough to buy it just for the exclusivity and name. not everyone looks at the practicality and back up and all.
karan mate for once lets assume they bring it down here, maybe you wont think of getting one because you know its in word DUMB. but sir many people who have 12crs to spare are not team-bhp members (read as ARE DUMB). then VW may customise one in RHD.
and if it does not work out what does VW loose out of it? (compared to the worth of VW)
Old 15th December 2009, 03:07   #32
BHPian

Sorry but I think this is nonsense! As it is we know how accurate these reporters are. 5 - 12 crores? Its almost £1 Million so that itself makes it 8 crores, add 105% duties and that makes it 16 crores!

Bugatti wont make the Veyron in RHD. Dunno about the Galibier, maybe! Still quite a dumb idea to own one in India. If you can afford a Veyron, why not keep it at your place in London/US/Dubai?

We've heard about the Veyron in Delhi/Bangalore so lets see when it actually comes and we have a picture of it.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:30   #33
BHPian

Read this article on Car Trade India news letter. Did you know VW owns Porsche, Bugatti, Bentley and Lamborghini ??? I dint . Have a look intot he article: Volkswagen Plans to Bring Rs. 5 Crore Bugatti Veyron to India | CarTradeIndia.com

Man, thats one heck of a acquisition.

and thinking of practicality, havent we seen ferreris, Lambos etc etc here? do you call that as practical cars in india ? Thinking of practicality theres only one vehicle comes in my mind, JEEP .

Last edited by livyodream : 15th December 2009 at 14:40.
Old 15th December 2009, 16:58   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Read this article on Car Trade India news letter. Did you know VW owns Porsche, Bugatti, Bentley and Lamborghini ??? I dint . Have a look intot he article: Volkswagen Plans to Bring Rs. 5 Crore Bugatti Veyron to India | CarTradeIndia.com

Man, thats one heck of a acquisition.

and thinking of practicality, havent we seen ferreris, Lambos etc etc here? do you call that as practical cars in india ? Thinking of practicality theres only one vehicle comes in my mind, JEEP .
Yes VW has now overtaken Toyota as the No 1 car manufacturer after acquiring Porsche.
Old 15th December 2009, 18:13   #35
BHPian

I am really happy now!!!!
Old 15th December 2009, 18:58   #36

ya i just read in today's newspaper that Veyron is launching soon and its in price band of 5 - 12 crores depending on various models.
Old 15th December 2009, 19:23   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Very Well Said. Totally Agree with you! Some one who lives in India and can afford that car,why wouldnt he buy it? hes not obviously going to think if its 'Practical' or not as he Already has a Fleet of cars which are Not meant for the Indian Roads!!

As ecks once said 'Luxury is about having more than what one needs'
Correct me if wrong with the quotation
Old 15th December 2009, 19:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Oh God, Not Again. Now im going to believe this only after i see some Bugatti brochures at my local VW showroom..

But, Lauching Bugatti dont seem much pointless to me as then we would have to admit that Lamborghini made a mistake. The fact is in india(unless you have a Race track/Airstrip nearby or a private one of these) these hypercars are all about "All show, No go" principle. Nobody(owners) can be put to blame for pathetic road conditions. If you have that sort of money you would like to flash in in your town where people recognize you, that in a uber developed country like US or UAE where every other Tom,Dick and Harry have a Hypercar.

Last edited by Scorcher : 15th December 2009 at 19:30. Reason: spell correction
Old 15th December 2009, 21:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Oh God, Not Again. Now im going to believe this only after i see some Bugatti brochures at my local VW showroom..

But, Lauching Bugatti dont seem much pointless to me as then we would have to admit that Lamborghini made a mistake. The fact is in india(unless you have a Race track/Airstrip nearby or a private one of these) these hypercars are all about "All show, No go" principle. Nobody(owners) can be put to blame for pathetic road conditions. If you have that sort of money you would like to flash in in your town where people recognize you, that in a uber developed country like US or UAE where every other Tom,Dick and Harry have a Hypercar.
If every other Tom, Dick or Harry would own a hypercar in the US or UAE, they would no longer be known as exotics/hypercars.
It's just that buying & maintaining them is much more cheaper than in India & you have the roads, better ones at that, to do what these rides are meant to be doing.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

I just think this is a worthless debate / discussion cuz Bugatti isn't going to make a rhd model , period. Over and above that , all you guys are wasting your time and living a fantasy if you think bugatti is going to make the exception. And I say this because we are supposed to make contributions to the tbhp community and not worthlessly speculate.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 15th December 2009 at 21:48.
Old 15th December 2009, 22:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Ecks has a very valid point there - no RHD model. Thet make a handful for the entire world. Why would they bother making one for India with a huge change.

One Question though - I saw a Buggatti once in Surrey UK - Was it a LHD then ?
Old 15th December 2009, 22:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yes it was vk. LHD cars are allowed in UK with RHD Ones.
Old 15th December 2009, 23:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

How pleasent it would have been if similarly India too would have had a relaxed norm.

I agree with you karan, im aware of the fact that Bugattis are made only in LHD. I just stated my opinion on the topic.

@Jayabusa - What i meant was not that, they had those in same numbers as corollas. But the total count will defenitly be much higher in those countries compared to ours.And for the Practicality/Service part, You cant rule out a a car just for the lack of its practicality as none of the super/hyper cars which are alredy in the country would'nt have been there if people so cared, its other matter that these cars do deserve to be maintained and serviced well, driven on good roads and high octane fuel, but then comes the biggest problem : Availablity.

OT : I have read about a person from Sri Lanka who regularly airlifts his Murciélago to London to get it Serviced, Talk about Practicality !
Old 15th December 2009, 23:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Uhm, preetam,are you ... okay? Even Lamborghini doesn't sell more than 2-4 cars in India per year.

Ha Ha Ha , Buddy , you really made me laugh !
Old 16th December 2009, 01:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I just think this is a worthless debate / discussion cuz Bugatti isn't going to make a rhd model , period. Over and above that , all you guys are wasting your time and living a fantasy if you think bugatti is going to make the exception. And I say this because we are supposed to make contributions to the tbhp community and not worthlessly speculate.
I agree.
A very similar article was published in the Times of India about 3-4 years ago. Later, Sanjay Dutt's fancy for the Veyron became public.

The biggest joke was while surfing channels I came across some Hindi news channel where they were showing a video of the Thrust SSC and saying this car is going to be launched in India very soon & I was only to see a thread out here based on the ET article stating that it's the SSC Ultimate Aero which is being considered for India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
How pleasent it would have been if similarly India too would have had a relaxed norm.
I too used to feel the same as many others do buddy, but let me tell you, better sense has prevailed in my case. Today I can tell you that the people who laid down these strict import substitution laws were true visionaries, reason being, post-independence India has so many of it's own vehicle brands aiding to it's economy(and it's not just vehicles, other sectors too). Many other countries have been importing & still import and this certainly hasn't & isn't helping their economy.
Again considering India's growing work force and increasing per-capita income more and more people are able to buy vehicles and cars are no longer a luxury, parking space is. Now consider India's population with regards to my previous statement. If these laws wouldn't exist, probably Maruti 800 would have been the Rs.1 lakh car way before the Tata Nano.
A person owning a Swift today would have owned a Honda City, person owning an Alto would have a Manza/Dzire, likewise, Civic - Superb; Superb - E-class/3-series/A4; so on & so forth. The picture looks so rosy and sugary but the fact is, would it favour the traffic situation which has already worsened to such an extent. Imagine the traffic without the laws.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th December 2009 at 21:02. Reason: only 2 smilies per post please, thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks