Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2010, 17:56   #46
vsh
BHPian

little off topic- what a signature you have man. i am searching for the link view my garage. where is it? pls provide some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
First of all , this isn't about Garret here. He just relayed what he heard. Its more about 'Mr Hamann M3' . So let me clear the air here .

As per Garret he has the following mods on the M3
-custom made white brake calipers (Nothing custom made about them. Just painted white , and they look terrible IMO)

-hamann exhaust which he claims adds 40bhp (You correctly used the word 'claimed' , as it is only a 'claim' . There is no info on the Hamann website that indicates a gain like that)

-custom made front bumper(Nothing custom made here too. Just a standard , tacky hamann front lip)

-had just installed new led lights on the bumper the day i met him(That came with the lip)

-black rims (standard 18" rims that are badly powdercoated)

he claimed his car had in total 420 BHP(thats stock power there)

As for the 333 speed picture. It may or may not be PS'd. He would need an ECU tune to get the speed limiter removed and then have the RPM limiter raised to 8700 . But as Garret says that the shifting was taking place at 8200(stock limit , I think) , it may be photo shopped.

No disrespect to Garret or his M3 friend. Its just that I modified my M3 to 600 + hp levels , so I know a thing or two about this.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett_t16 View Post
then i mentioned that @ecksreturns has a 600+bhp m3 which looses steam at 305+kmph
I don't remember saying that at all. May be you should get your info right? Oh and yes, I too can reach speeds upto 300+ km/hr in my supercharged M3. It was my LP640 that reached speeds close to 305+ kmph on a deserted air strip before I started to brake.
To reveal facts again, 420hp on a dyno would be 420 wheel horse power, which is close to 500 crank horse power or bhp. A simple ecu tune and exhaust will not do that. And I am sure he meant 420 wheel , because 420 bhp is the stock power. Tsk. It's such a sad state of affairs , when an M3 owner makes such rubbish claims, as if driving an M3 isn't enough. Oh and the only N/A engine in an M3 that can make 420 on a dyno , is the 4.6L RD Sports engine. Go figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
little off topic- what a signature you have man. i am searching for the link view my garage. where is it? pls provide some pics
Check my thread - Brits , Bavarians , Horses and Bulls.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 17th January 2010 at 18:20.
Old 18th January 2010, 01:02   #48
BHPian

Hang on Guys!! Its not an M3. Its a kitted ford fiesta.
Lol.Kidding its just like this thread is too stressful to deal with now.I dont how,when and who will put an end to this.Sorries were exchanged but now its again taking a detour.
Old 18th January 2010, 01:37   #49
BHPian

ok guys ..everyone shared their own views, thanks everyone for the new thing i have learnt ''never believe anyone without being sure !'' , i only know one thing , i had a good ride had killer fun , enjoyed it !
nothing else ..
hope i get a ride in a faster car soon ...

Note from Mod : Please make sure you take a look at this thread and apply the same to your posts.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th January 2010 at 05:58. Reason: Make sure you take a look at the note that has been placed at the end of your post.
Old 1st February 2010, 00:09   #50
BHPian

Guys I met this guy with the white m3 from gujarat..The guy was very simple but his dressing style was too loud. Typical of the money turned mod gujus.(no offence to any gujarathis here). He is in bombay and has driven down with a few friends in his m3 and a black honda accord. The car looked sick ! And sounded much much louder than a stock m3. We hung out together last night and the guy tried doing 180 degree spins but couldnt. He even turned up today morning at the venue but was denied entry as he had not registered his car in advance. His car sure was a looker with fox red interiors. He also mentioned to a friend of mine that he wants to further mod it probably put in a supercharger and make it one of the best m3s in india.
Old 1st February 2010, 08:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
He also mentioned to a friend of mine that he wants to further mod it probably put in a supercharger and make it one of the best m3s in india.
Wow that should be fun. Ecks has also planned the same thing and im sure he has also started work on his m3. This should be fun , to see which m3 comes on top.
Is he on team-bhp anyways ?
Old 1st February 2010, 10:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Wow that should be fun. Ecks has also planned the same thing and im sure he has also started work on his m3. This should be fun , to see which m3 comes on top.
Is he on team-bhp anyways ?
NOpe hes not on tbhp.. Hes driving back to Ahmedabad today. Hes asked a friend of mine to help him mod the car even more and told him to do anything possible to his car, money doesnt matter.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:43   #53
BHPian

hey mods , i talked to the owner of the m3 . he wants the pictures of his car removed from this thread, so please do the needful !
cheers keep revvin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks