Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 20:10   #301
BHPian

re: Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
He has deleted it.

It was sold for a little more than half the value the Dealership is asking for now.
Does he have a different handle now? Man, I used to be so worked up watching that vid of his M3 chasing down a Gallardo.
Turbo_Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 21:48   #302
Senior - BHPian

re: Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilkhan5 View Post
But somehow I have managed to sell at those prices!! Been lucky I guess! Although nowhere near as high as what is expected of the M3. Will be interesting to see what it finally sells for.
Equally interesting to see what actually got sold and what did not, and at what prices. The way I see it all you guys in this business of selling cars quote similarly in fact all of your markups are minimum 100% (after studying your offerings since the past several years my instinct tell me yours being even more as I follow the market via unofficial channels closely) and going by speedy's post it was bought for more than half so seems they are quoting less than what you and all your colleagues quote. A the least they have quoted less than 100% markup. It's another thing whether the price they paid was worth it to begin with, but the maths at least looks less warped. Cheerio
canonball is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 12:30   #303
Senior - BHPian

@ canonball -- I remember the Miatas for 15L and the VR4 for 25ish.

Coming back to insideman's car and the likes, I think most dealers/sellers quotes some absurd numbers to begin with and arrogance (in general) to show that it is a unique killer offering that they have. Some owners also sail in the same boat. Some quote like 10000 less for a 2 year older hatch. Later when they have already refused fair offers from genuine buyers, either the cars remain unsold or end up with dealers for a even lower number.

Regarding insideman's car - If one looks at it practically, it may be very well maintained and loaded with loved and expensive goodies but one also does know that it is a enthusiastically used (high revvs, quick shifts, drifts) which does take a toll on the components. Maintenance and replacement of these after-market components could be wallet breaking. But it is one sweet ride nevertheless.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 13:05   #304
BHPian

The Pune dealer always has crazy prices for their pre-owned vehicles. Last time I had inquired about the 330i they quoted me 34L which was way too high in comparison to the other vehicles available in the market
Old 29th September 2013, 13:53   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
The Pune dealer always has crazy prices for their pre-owned vehicles. Last time I had inquired about the 330i they quoted me 34L which was way too high in comparison to the other vehicles available in the market
Yes you are right Pune dealers the whole lot are living in lala land, all their prices are absurd. This particular BMW dealer should have lost his dealership by now if he was their partner in Germany!! Some cars personally owned by the promoter have registration paper problems and import irregularities. BMW India was informed about this irregularity on which the said car was withdrawn from sale some months ago, and now guess what it's back on sale and publicised, and no nothing has changed with regards to the papers

Last edited by canonball : 29th September 2013 at 13:56.
Old 29th September 2013, 15:53   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Equally interesting to see what actually got sold and what did not, and at what prices. The way I see it all you guys in this business of selling cars quote similarly in fact all of your markups are minimum 100% (after studying your offerings since the past several years my instinct tell me yours being even more as I follow the market via unofficial channels closely) and going by speedy's post it was bought for more than half so seems they are quoting less than what you and all your colleagues quote. A the least they have quoted less than 100% markup. It's another thing whether the price they paid was worth it to begin with, but the maths at least looks less warped. Cheerio
Miata was 8+...not 15!! and sold for around 8
VR4 was 25, didn't get a near enough offer so didn't sell.Have decided not to sell since; in fact got another one; doing both up now; I'm not a dealer, an enthusiast like most people here; I sell only to buy something more exciting; but if don't think I'm getting what tte car deserves, the car stays with me. With these older cars, you don't really lose as values keep increasing with time.

As for dealers who ask more, it's their prerogative I feel. I never hesitate to give an offer, however ridiculous it may sound; and somtimes it clicks. Put money on the table and see, most guys will crack. The market is very much down.The higher values are , the harder they fall.I have given an offer for the m3. Lets see!!

Cheerio

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st October 2013 at 13:25. Reason: Fixing quote tag
adilkhan5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 10:42   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was sold for a little more than half the value the Dealership is asking for now.
So where is this monster now? any recent pics of the same? Been really long since seen her! :(
Old 30th September 2013, 12:20   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Does he have a different handle now? Man, I used to be so worked up watching that vid of his M3 chasing down a Gallardo.
No he has removed himself from most social sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
So where is this monster now? any recent pics of the same? Been really long since seen her! :(
The car is with Baveria motors in Pune. At the price they are quoting for it, the car will be with them for a long time. M3's are available in the market in the 40 to 55 lakhs for good clean cars, 80 for this one is crazy. I rather pay something more and get a pre owned F10 M5.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 12:44   #309
BHPian

Quote:
No he has removed himself from most social sites.
Please excuse me if I seem to be a bit nosy but what happened? Did anyone cause any trouble or something? I know how some jerk-offs can be
Old 30th September 2013, 13:07   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Please excuse me if I seem to be a bit nosy but what happened? Did anyone cause any trouble or something? I know how some jerk-offs can be
After people lifting and misusing the pictures of his other car from certain Public forums, he decided to remove the pictures and videos of his cars.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 13:53   #311
BHPian

Quote:
After people lifting and misusing the pictures of his other car from certain Public forums, he decided to remove the pictures and videos of his cars.
Thought so. He also doesn't frequent Tbhp much nowadays, does he? It's always due to a few people like him that the others suffer
Old 4th December 2013, 17:19   #312
BHPian

I frequent TeamBHP but I dont comment. Its because opinions are opinions and generally people share them but I dont want to make comments or post opinions that offend anyone or cause an issue. But yes, I am always looking around, kind of like window shopping.
insideman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:20   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
I frequent TeamBHP but I dont comment. But yes, I am always looking around, kind of like window shopping.

Good to know that mate. You have been missed!!
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:32   #314
BHPian

Might as well change the title of this thread to Ferrari 430 Scuderia, 68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3 e92. I don't want to claim cars that I don't own anymore.
insideman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 16:32   #315
Team-BHP Support

Re: Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged

^ Done.

How about some words on the Scuderia? Likes, dislikes, wow-moments, etc.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks