Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 19:54   #31
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Incredible pics and a great write-up.

Can't wait to read the ownership report !!
Old 18th May 2010, 19:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
1.The 5.0 l v8
2.Interiors are top notch with gizmos
The ride is hard but you wont feel it going over medium sized potholes
The exterior styling
The steering feels perfectly weighed and the gear shifts are quick

Dislikes:

1.Relatively small fuel tank (70 liters)
2.Brake dust on the rims after a long drive
3.Lack of service centers
Attachment 350392

A lot of people have asked me “ dude but why a jag instead of a merc,bmw or an audi”.
The answer to that is “it looks better than the rivals, it costs lesser than the rivals and you get more kit”. When I say costs lesser, the XF 5.0 is pitched against a BMW 550i,MB CLS500, which cost a crore or more, when you see it that way this car is a bargain!

Attachment 350394

Now the specs, it has a 5liter v8 naturally aspirated engine putting out 385 horsepower @6500rpm and 515 Nm of torque @3500rpm mated with a 6 speed gearbox.The XF when driven does not feel like a big car, it sheds its weight and moves! Even though it weighs in at 1780kg (kerb weight).The wheel base is 2909mm,the overall dimensions are 4961x1877x1460mm. The Xf is longer,wider and taller than the CLS500, and weighs less too! It has ABS,DSC,EBD,Speed sensitive steering as standard. It also comes with brakes that engage automatically to a certain degree when the car feels the necessity of panic braking.
Attachment 350395

The Exterior:

The front is dominated by the all chrome trapezoidal shaped grill which gives it the true blood British look.The bixenon headlamps do not turn left or right but there is a separate bulb which lights up either when you turn the steering wheel or when you switch on the indicators.The car for India comes with 18” Cygnus rims shod with 245/45 Dunlop rubber,the wheel arches are subtly flared giving it a wide and muscular stance.The rear of the car has a chrome strip which hides the reversing camera and the boot release button underneath.

The Interior:
Attachment 350398

You would expect a lot of goodies in the interiors for the price you pay, it doesn't fail to make you smile from ear to ear every time!
The interior colors that i opted for the car is a combination of what Jaguar call Charcoal/Spice with Dove headlining. The seats are Spice(tan) the dash, doors etc are charcoal with tan stitching, the roof has cream alacantara leather. The front seats offer very good support and are fully electric the have cooling and heating as well. The steering has controls for cruise control, volume and track change.There is heating for the steering as well. The instrument cluster is minimal yet classy.

The car has the rising gear knob when the car is switched on, the ac vents open when the ac is switched on, but there is a manual override which keeps it open all the time. Around the gear knob there are buttons for Dynamic mode,Winter mode, Automatic speed limiter and to toggle DSC between ON,TRACK and OFF. The controls for the audio and ac are just below the MMI.There is a 6 CD changer with mp3 capability.The AUX,USB and Ipod ports are placed just below the center armrest. The MMI controls the audio/tv,climate,vehicle settings etc. The glove compartment is not very big, it can be opened by a touch sensitive sensor placed on top of the glove box. the interior lights are also touch sensitive, called JaguarSense.
The rear seats have very good support,the head room for a coupe shaped car is surprisingly good.The rear have 2 ac vents between the front 2 seats.
The rear view mirror and the ORVM’s are photochromatic. The car comes stock with 14 speaker Bowers & Wilkins audio system.

ownership report coming soon!
damn!! the more i know about this car, the more i fall in love with it!! those are some really trippy features dude!! the quality of the AC and sound system, i know, is really good.
but still, i dont think any of those still stand up to the looks of the car!! this is the kinda car, whose looks gets better with age!!
once again, really nice write up dude!! cant wait for the ownership report!!
Cheers!!
Old 18th May 2010, 21:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Very good one there. Seems like your writing skills have gone one level up from the last one Lovely snaps too. Waiting for more-reports and snaps
Old 19th May 2010, 08:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats an awesome report of your XF . The pictures of the car look great.
Why dont you post a video of the handshake happening ?
And also the growl of the beast.

Cant wait for your M class's review and the group photos.
Old 19th May 2010, 10:45   #35
BHPian

@shamik.bose: i have attached a couple of pics of the rim,brake and the engine bay. Enjoy!
My European Stable!-xf-1.jpg
My European Stable!-xf.jpg

@abhijeetsng: the videos will be up soon!
@arjun: will put up videos dude! as i said ML-class review will be done once i am finished with the XF.
Old 19th May 2010, 10:53   #36
BHPian

I saw one black beauty on Blore's roads recently, and it was like a breath of fresh air. Couldn't take my eyes off the jag! its a beautiful car and definitely better looking than the mundane merc sedans, beemers and audis that ply on our roads by the dozen. congrats!!

BTW your title thread did mislead me a little. Was expecting to see a few more European steeds and jaguars!

Last edited by pranava999 : 19th May 2010 at 10:59.
Old 19th May 2010, 10:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic car & a great review

Congrats Dude, looking forward to an ongoing ownership Review
Old 19th May 2010, 11:00   #38
BHPian

you have an amazing garage jagxf and this beauty is definately one hell of a car. Congrats and enjoy the car dude.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:02   #39
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely fantastic stuff, jagxf! Great pictures, brilliant write-up and a very nice thread! The XF is one of the most photogenic cars ever to hit the streets. But in the flesh, the car looks wider, lower and more taunt than in photographs!

This is the car that brought Jaguar out of the weeds! The throaty roar of the exhausts, the muscular engine-note and the cat-on-the-prowl looks are to die for! The best sleeper car, the best daily-driver and IMO, the best sedan ever!
Old 19th May 2010, 13:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton, jagxf! The brakes look smaller than what I had expected. Amazing car you have there. Waiting for the videos! and thanks again!
Old 19th May 2010, 14:18   #41
BHPian

Do the service engineers come down from Bombay ? Or has Jag set up shop in Madras ?
Old 19th May 2010, 14:29   #42
BHPian

excellent write-up and an amazing car dude :-) waiting for more pics and videos !
Old 19th May 2010, 14:47   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Fantastic car & a great review

Congrats Dude, looking forward to an ongoing ownership Review
Thank you! ownership report will be up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I saw one black beauty on Blore's roads recently, and it was like a breath of fresh air. Couldn't take my eyes off the jag! its a beautiful car and definitely better looking than the mundane merc sedans, beemers and audis that ply on our roads by the dozen. congrats!!

BTW your title thread did mislead me a little. Was expecting to see a few more European steeds and jaguars!
Will be doing a review of the MLclass after this, hence the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Thanks a ton, jagxf! The brakes look smaller than what I had expected. Amazing car you have there. Waiting for the videos! and thanks again!
Those are the rear brakes hence smaller in size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Do the service engineers come down from Bombay ? Or has Jag set up shop in Madras ?
The service guys come down to Madras, Jaguar service should be up and running in Blore shortly.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mate ! That is a sexy machine you got !!

And tell you what - I simply LOOVVVEEEE those tan colored leather seats ! droooool
Old 19th May 2010, 16:05   #45
BHPian

Hey nice writeup!
Albeit i have congratulated before, congrats again!

Drive safe and take care!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks