Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 01:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

That's a well written review jagxf. Even I got to feel all your excitement in buying and taking delivery of your Jag. I had been waiting for this thread for some time now. Push your car to its limits and please get us some good pics.
Old 18th May 2010, 02:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

A wonderful car. Lucky you
When are you bringing her for a meet?!! More photos please!
Old 18th May 2010, 07:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Awesome write up buddy. Love the way you have put forth the excitement. It gets me excited reading the story.
And the car, thats one awesome machine love the v8 , the growl and all the creature comforts the car has to offer.

Also thank you for all the drives you have taken me in the cat.
Do write a review on the v6 merc too.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 18th May 2010 at 07:25.
Old 18th May 2010, 07:31   #19
BHPian

Lovely Car, congrats, beautiful writup, waiting for some picks now, and initial ownership experience.
Old 18th May 2010, 09:16   #20
BHPian

Nice writeup, wonderful car jagxf ! Congrats !!
Awaiting pics and especially the ownership report.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811 View Post
Very nice dude.I can only imagine how ecstatic you would have felt during the various high points in the journey till the delivery.The moment when your dad said 'We ll get it",you giving the checque and you taking the delivery of course. Awesome. Would have been much better if this came earlier as we are all well acquainted with your car now but never the less very nice write up.Do make more trips to Bangalore.

P.s- where did you see the XF that you initially fell in love with? I thought yours was thw first XF in Chennai.
Thank you,I saw the xf at a upmarket hotel on mount road, no mine is the 2nd petrol car in chennai, there were about 2-3 diesels by the time i got my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
One classy car... everyone these days has a Mercedes or a BMW or an Audi. No more Zermans. Congratulations!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
It's AWSOME Man , what a Purchase , in Black its Stunning.
Can you post some more Tech specifications of your beauty .
Thank you!
Will post a full ownership report by this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Ah great JagXF! Nice reading the story behind your gorgeous car
Looking forward to more experiences/pics/videos buddy!

Can we expect a review of your ML on this thread too?
Thanks! yes i will post a review of the m class after the review of the xf is done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Absolute beauty dude! Please post more pics soon! we need beautiful better pics these pics dont do justification to your beauty

What was the OTR?

very well said dude. Merc,Audi BMW are no more exclusive. lot of them are on road, jaguar is the machine to own!
What is the starting price of Jaguar in India?
thank you! the otr chennai was Rs.78 lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
SWEET!! So you finally did start your own thread!! Nice write up.. Cheers!!
thank you dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
Nice thread JagXF

As I have always been telling , your XF is fabulous .

Now that you have owned the car for a few months , looking forward to a good ownership review.

Do share your experiences on your drives to B'lore as well.

Drive safe .
Thank you dude! lovely pictures as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Wonderful review jagxf!Thanks a lot for sharing this beautiful car with us,and we all know you put the cat through its paces well!
thank you dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevbg View Post
Every time when i see your car on the road it makes me go WOW!!! I can understand how you would have felt when you actually went in to book the car. Its definitely a looker. Drive safe and don't keep ripping it dude

thanks man! the v8 is there for a reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Nice review dude!!! Hope ya will come up wiith more of your "experiences" and yeah more snaps please.

I like this part- "i get a call from the transporting company,to say the car has reached the outskirts of chennai. i ask him not to come into chennai and tell him to wait there"

Ya talking to a wrong person dude
thank you dude! i wanted to have a long drive back home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Nice write up dude, Good to experience the whole scenario unfold right infront of my eyes. You must learn to post pics in an order. Delivery pics would have, eh forget it !

Did someone just said you shouldn't rip the car??

Yes, B'lore drive report and pics.
thank you scorchy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_ferrari View Post
Hey man, nice write-up. Isn't the interior upholstery in your car much darker than in this picture?
thank you salman! these were the first pics i saw of the car! i will be posting better ones soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Congrats Buddy. Nice purchase.

Its amazing the way the Jag is standing out among the AMBs (Audi, Merc and Beems). Though I find the interior layout to be a bit similar on almost all Jags, but none the less, enjoy the wilder beast
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
That's a well written review jagxf. Even I got to feel all your excitement in buying and taking delivery of your Jag. I had been waiting for this thread for some time now. Push your car to its limits and please get us some good pics.
thank you! you dont have to tell me to push it dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
A wonderful car. Lucky you
When are you bringing her for a meet?!! More photos please!
yes i will bring it to the next meet! photos coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Awesome write up buddy. Love the way you have put forth the excitement. It gets me excited reading the story.
And the car, thats one awesome machine love the v8 , the growl and all the creature comforts the car has to offer.

Also thank you for all the drives you have taken me in the cat.
Do write a review on the v6 merc too.
thank you dude! anytime man! will be doing the review of the mlclass also shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Lovely Car, congrats, beautiful writup, waiting for some picks now, and initial ownership experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
Nice writeup, wonderful car jagxf ! Congrats !!
Awaiting pics and especially the ownership report.
thank you guys! ownership report coming up in a bit!

Last edited by jagxf : 18th May 2010 at 11:46.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:04   #22
BHPian

congratulations on a fab ride, quick question, considering the OTR for the XF is 78 in chennai,what was it for the XFR ? was it a huge gap ? as here in Mumbai the otr for the XFR is near about what you paid for the XF.thanks
Old 18th May 2010, 13:07   #23
BHPian

@TRANSAM: the xfr is 78 ex-showroom mumbai, by the time i register it and tax and all, it will come almost up to a crore!
Old 18th May 2010, 16:17   #24
BHPian

1.The 5.0 l v8
2.Interiors are top notch with gizmos
The ride is hard but you wont feel it going over medium sized potholes
The exterior styling
The steering feels perfectly weighed and the gear shifts are quick

Dislikes:

1.Relatively small fuel tank (70 liters)
2.Brake dust on the rims after a long drive
3.Lack of service centers
My European Stable!-img_2083.jpg

A lot of people have asked me “ dude but why a jag instead of a merc,bmw or an audi”.
The answer to that is “it looks better than the rivals, it costs lesser than the rivals and you get more kit”. When I say costs lesser, the XF 5.0 is pitched against a BMW 550i,MB CLS500, which cost a crore or more, when you see it that way this car is a bargain!

My European Stable!-img_2104.jpg

Now the specs, it has a 5liter v8 naturally aspirated engine putting out 385 horsepower @6500rpm and 515 Nm of torque @3500rpm mated with a 6 speed gearbox.The XF when driven does not feel like a big car, it sheds its weight and moves! Even though it weighs in at 1780kg (kerb weight).The wheel base is 2909mm,the overall dimensions are 4961x1877x1460mm. The Xf is longer,wider and taller than the CLS500, and weighs less too! It has ABS,DSC,EBD,Speed sensitive steering as standard. It also comes with brakes that engage automatically to a certain degree when the car feels the necessity of panic braking.
My European Stable!-img_2152.jpg

The Exterior:

The front is dominated by the all chrome trapezoidal shaped grill which gives it the true blood British look.The bixenon headlamps do not turn left or right but there is a separate bulb which lights up either when you turn the steering wheel or when you switch on the indicators.The car for India comes with 18” Cygnus rims shod with 245/45 Dunlop rubber,the wheel arches are subtly flared giving it a wide and muscular stance.The rear of the car has a chrome strip which hides the reversing camera and the boot release button underneath.

The Interior:
My European Stable!-img_1592.jpg

You would expect a lot of goodies in the interiors for the price you pay, it doesn't fail to make you smile from ear to ear every time!
The interior colors that i opted for the car is a combination of what Jaguar call Charcoal/Spice with Dove headlining. The seats are Spice(tan) the dash, doors etc are charcoal with tan stitching, the roof has cream alacantara leather. The front seats offer very good support and are fully electric the have cooling and heating as well. The steering has controls for cruise control, volume and track change.There is heating for the steering as well. The instrument cluster is minimal yet classy.

The car has the rising gear knob when the car is switched on, the ac vents open when the ac is switched on, but there is a manual override which keeps it open all the time. Around the gear knob there are buttons for Dynamic mode,Winter mode, Automatic speed limiter and to toggle DSC between ON,TRACK and OFF. The controls for the audio and ac are just below the MMI.There is a 6 CD changer with mp3 capability.The AUX,USB and Ipod ports are placed just below the center armrest. The MMI controls the audio/tv,climate,vehicle settings etc. The glove compartment is not very big, it can be opened by a touch sensitive sensor placed on top of the glove box. the interior lights are also touch sensitive, called JaguarSense.
The rear seats have very good support,the head room for a coupe shaped car is surprisingly good.The rear have 2 ac vents between the front 2 seats.
The rear view mirror and the ORVM’s are photochromatic. The car comes stock with 14 speaker Bowers & Wilkins audio system.

ownership report coming soon!
Attached Thumbnails
My European Stable!-img_1627.jpg  

My European Stable!-img_1630.jpg  

My European Stable!-img_2089.jpg  

My European Stable!-img_8598.jpg  

My European Stable!-img_1588.jpg  

My European Stable!-img_1625.jpg  

Last edited by jagxf : 18th May 2010 at 16:27.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

What European, its Indian dude! Congratulations! It is indeed one of my favourite cars as well. I remember seeing one in Bandra sometime in Jan.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Amazing pics dude ! And Naaiicee write up to back it. Now I need to sit and think about the Chennai trip you've been talking about

Some group shots with the ML?? What say ??

- Only thing I dislike about the XF will have to be the Interior wood trim.

Last edited by Scorcher : 18th May 2010 at 16:35.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:38   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
What European, its Indian dude! Congratulations! It is indeed one of my favourite cars as well. I remember seeing one in Bandra sometime in Jan.
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Amazing pics dude ! And Naaiicee write up to back it. Now I need to sit and think about the Chennai trip you've been talking about

Some group shots with the ML?? What say ??

- Only thing I dislike about the XF will have to be the Interior wood trim.
once i am done with the detailed report of the XF i shall do one for the m class, group pics i shall do them soon.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Amazing pics jagxf! Kudos to Manish's photography
The Jag IMO has better interiors than it's German counterparts and extreme presence on road, which even the bimmers and Merc cannot match. This car makes heads turn every time! great choice buddy! Do you mind sharing the on-road price?
Old 18th May 2010, 17:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

The interiors of the Jag are just Yum!! Brilliant write-up and congratulations once again on an amazing car! Can we have some pictures of the engine bay and the brakes? Or am i getting too greedy here?
Old 18th May 2010, 17:40   #30
BHPian

@JagXF
Beautiful machine that is!
A request! Could you please post a video of starting the engine, rising of gear nob and opening of ac vents. Also the startup of the display showing jaguar and the quality of the rear view camera.

and BTW, Congratulations on you purchase!

Thanks
ABHI

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks