Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:52   #6616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
A b7r volvo bus ,does it really have 4500bhp? i really doubt that.Can someone please confirm.
Here's the confirmation:

1200 Nm is the peak Torque and the peak power output is 270 Hp for the B7R.

The newer 9400 does a bit better at 1200 Nm peak torque and 290 Hp is the max power output.
But for a bus which weighs 18 metric tonnes (as the website says), it is really good considering that the bus can cruise at 140 Kmph on our roads.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:47   #6617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
A snap of the new H2 with the infamous supra with new alloys.Posting without permission.If necessary please remove.
Attachment 237922
Man, The former rims was way better. Why on earth did he swap it ? Is it a case of a Rim Wreck ?
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:59   #6618
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I too agree with Scorcher. The former white rims on the Supra were fantastic and gave it a whole lot of character which is missing now. Well the H2 looks imposing and the paint is looking quite good. Nice pic there.
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:23   #6619
Senior - BHPian

Wow The Hummer H2 In White.looks Super Cool.but I Couldnt Help Noticing One Light Missing On Top Of The Bumper.
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:32   #6620
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it's raining Hummers out there. Any specific reason?
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:00   #6621
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Looks like it's raining Hummers out there. Any specific reason?
When it comes to road presence, there's no beating the Hummer unless one spends crores to get a Lambo or a Ferrari. Moreover, the car has won loads of applause all over the world, is famous with the celebrities and gives a macho feel to the owners. The size of the car, specially the H2, itself gives it a character unmatched by other SUVs other than a Lamborghini LM002, ofcourse. But its really raining Hummers in Bangalore in the past months. Going with the number of Hummers in the country, it seems they should set shop officially in India soon.
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:55   #6622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
When it comes to road presence, there's no beating the Hummer unless one spends crores to get a Lambo or a Ferrari. Moreover, the car has won loads of applause all over the world, is famous with the celebrities and gives a macho feel to the owners. The size of the car, specially the H2, itself gives it a character unmatched by other SUVs other than a Lamborghini LM002, ofcourse. But its really raining Hummers in Bangalore in the past months. Going with the number of Hummers in the country, it seems they should set shop officially in India soon.
Ya bro, I know all the other reasons, I just wanna know why all of a sudden in Bengalooru.
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:26   #6623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I don't know what the big deal is about Hummers anyway. Yes you can make a big deal if it happens to be the original 'Arnie-spec' H1 Humvee, but it isn't!

A Hummer H2 is nothing but a mid-range SUV underneath the 'macho' skin. It is nothing but a Chevrolet Tahoe!

Yes, it is a huge thing and is almost impossible to miss. But I still don't get it. People love it so much they might even start conducting prayers on a regular basis!

IMO, here is nothing great about it! It is not fast at all, it guzzles fuel like a dehydrated animal, it causes traffic jams, it's hard to drive..!
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:31   #6624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I don't know what the big deal is about Hummers anyway. Yes you can make a big deal if it happens to be the original 'Arnie-spec' H1 Humvee, but it isn't!

A Hummer H2 is nothing but a mid-range SUV underneath the 'macho' skin. It is nothing but a Chevrolet Tahoe!

Yes, it is a huge thing and is almost impossible to miss. But I still don't get it. People love it so much they might even start conducting prayers on a regular basis!

IMO, here is nothing great about it! It is not fast at all, it guzzles fuel like a dehydrated animal, it causes traffic jams, it's hard to drive..!
I absolutely second that and not to mention its very flimsy as well.
And they have presence and its downright ugly.
My jeep looks better.
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:30   #6625
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

You are absolutely right but as they say "Big is Beautiful", Hummer has become a brand name with the rich and famous as there's that image factor with this SUV. Even though I like Hummers a lot, if I have such money for a SUV, I would definitely put my money on a Range Rover Sport or a BMW X6 5.0 anyday simply because Hummers are less exciting to drive and are huge gas-guzzlers. Infact other than the mammoth size and hence the huge presence, there's nothing more to a Hummer. The RR Sports or the X6 makes more sense as an overall car.
Old 4th December 2009, 09:58   #6626
Senior - BHPian

Pics of a well maintained Patrol and a Range Rover Autobiography .
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-rr.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-021220092307..jpg  

Old 4th December 2009, 11:37   #6627
BHPian

spotted at silver Rangie with reg as KA-xx-801 ( i am not sure if i got the registration number right) at MG Road yesterday, also spotted a black X5 and couple of bmw 5 series around koramangla .
Old 4th December 2009, 16:50   #6628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
Pics of a well maintained Patrol and a Range Rover Autobiography .
I think this is the same autobiography version which came down to chennai during the bull run.Have a photo of it in the chennai thread for supercars.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:47   #6629
BHPian

@ arjun, yeah you're right.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:52   #6630
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a white Cayene S near bellandhur today morning

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks