Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 16:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mean Green Big Kwacker Rides Home : My Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hey Black12rr,

This is the first time i have opted for a choice number, .
SpeedFreak,
Did you explore possibilities to do away with the front number plate and instead stick the number directly on the windscreen? To be honest its a sore point for such a beauty. Looks like the designer stuck in the number plate as an after thought/hurry.

Probably he had forgotten that this bike requires a front number plate
Old 25th July 2011, 17:09   #32
BHPian

@ ku69rd,

Am scheduled to visit the Probiking workshop this weekend to remove the plate. I'll then stick the number directly on the front fender, had done a similar setup on my N250 as well.
Old 25th July 2011, 17:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Cool, guess she would look better with the numbers on her fender. Do post in some photos once you have done away with the number plate
Old 25th July 2011, 18:03   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Speed-Freak! The Kwacker looks stunning! Congrats on multiple counts - relishing a long standing dream, first 650 in the country and the super reg number

Live free, ride hard!
Old 27th July 2011, 23:20   #35
BHPian

Congrats on your new baby, Will wait for more pictures and travelogue on your bike. hope to read more and more about this one.

I am hoping my "boss" gives me the permission to buy one too - she is very afraid of me riding bikes and hence will be a huge task to make her understand that also my parents - but yes this is one bike I will surely buy sooner or later.
Old 28th July 2011, 00:33   #36
BHPian

congratulations @Speed-Freak!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Its also advisable to go in for a juice box or aftermarket ECU like a power commander if one is installing a free flow air filter like K&N and a slip-on pipe. The engine is known to run lean with these components so a PC is highly recommended to correct the AFR. The stock ECU cannot compensate the change in AFR due to intake and exhaust modifications.
@Aditya: why so.. doesn't Ninja has closed loop ECU circuit?
Old 28th July 2011, 09:00   #37
BHPian

Congratulations Speed-Freak good to see your new Ninja & lovely choice of number 650. flaunt it man!

Looking forward to meet you next time with this babe at our meet or I might catch up with you in Mumbai.

BTW, I have cancelled my CBR250R booking looking at so many quality issues in the bike so far. Booked a Classic 500 & will be getting it next month.

Still I am looking for best options. By your experience will I be able to do 200-300 kms small highway rides with Ninja250R? or it will be totally uncomfortable for highway rides?

one query: is the zero gravity windscreen bigger than the stock? whats its specialty. sorry as I am not aware of that thing.

Ride Safe!
Old 28th July 2011, 10:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
@Aditya: why so.. doesn't Ninja has closed loop ECU circuit?
There is a limit to how much the stock ECU can compensate for the change in AFR.

Adding an aftermarket air filter and an aftermarket end can will cause the engine to run lean. And this is true for bigger bikes as well. Hence power commanders are used, which also bump up the power to some extent.
Old 28th July 2011, 10:30   #39
BHPian

Hi AJ,

Thanks a lot for your wishes. Good desicion bro on choosing the CL500, IMHO the N250r is a fantastic bike with limited touring capabilities like most of the superbikes, however there have been people on this and other forums who have really taken the N250 for 500+ kms rides. If you are prepared to do with a sore rear for sometime then its a beauty.

With respect to the Zero Gravity windscreen on the N650, the one which i purchased is stock replacement, only difference is that the original one was transperent, this ones in smoke black. There are a huge variety of touring screens available for the N650, with marginal increase in heights to reduce wind buffeting on higher speeds.

Thank you Dry Ice, KailashNj & somspaple for your wishes.
Speed-Freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 15:00   #40
BHPian

Congratulations Mate. Can you please throw some light on the KMPH attained in gear wise Ratio.
Old 28th July 2011, 16:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak
If you are prepared to do with a sore rear for sometime then its a beauty.

With respect to the Zero Gravity windscreen on the N650, the one which i purchased is stock replacement, only difference is that the original one was transperent, this ones in smoke black. There are a huge variety of touring screens available for the N650, with marginal increase in heights to reduce wind buffeting on higher speeds.
Thanks for your inputs bro. I will definitely try to stretch my budget now if possible.

Thanks for the knowledge on the zero gravity windscreen. So where did u buy it from? Probiking?
Old 28th July 2011, 17:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

HI just wanted to congratulate you for the most amazing ninja of the all time to my eyes. and also had a question.

the registration number that you have did it come as MH XX XX 0650 or it came as MH XX XX 650 i mean the document that you have does it have the 0 before the 650 or not?
Old 28th July 2011, 18:44   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hi AJ,

Thanks a lot for your wishes. Good desicion bro ... heights to reduce wind buffeting on higher speeds.

Thank you Dry Ice, KailashNj & somspaple for your wishes.
Congrats, Speed-Freak! I spotted a green 650 on 23rd July 2011 at about 6.45pm on Palm Beach road. I believe it was you. I was in my i20 and tried to get close to you to get a better look near the Nerul signal. After the signal turned green, couldn't keep up with you and could only hear the lovely note!

Next time, will look out for your special number plate. Once again, congrats on the beauty and ride safe.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 28th July 2011, 20:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
By your experience will I be able to do 200-300 kms small highway rides with Ninja250R? or it will be totally uncomfortable for highway rides?
I've clocked between 350kms and 500kms on a single day with the Ninja 250R with no issues.

I just ensure that i take breaks in between for around 15-20 mins every 150 kms or so.

I've ridden twice to Ooty, once to Wayanad, once to Yercaud and back (all from Blore) and 200-300 km round trips on a single day. No fatigue and no aching muscles.

It's important to drink plenty of fluids such as water, gatorade, electral etc. to stay hydrated, esp. in summers. I avoid energy drinks like redbull etc.

The bike of course has no such limitations and can clock a lot more miles if the rider is in shape.

Last edited by n_aditya : 28th July 2011 at 20:11.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 09:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I've clocked between 350kms and 500kms on a single day with the Ninja 250R with no issues.

The bike of course has no such limitations and can clock a lot more miles if the rider is in shape.
Thanks n_aditya, This is really helpful for decision making. So it seems only a matter of getting habituated to a particular riding position & finding the best out of it.

Now it will only boil doing to budget. I will visit the Probiking in Pune today to work out on financials. Rest I have seen the bike in flesh last time & was amazed by the quality. Its very well worth the money spent.

If at all I am not able to stretch the budget then only I will pick the CL500 next month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks