Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 15:19   #46
BHPian

Re: The Mean Green Big Kwacker Rides Home : My Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Now it will only boil doing to budget. I will visit the Probiking in Pune today to work out on financials. Rest I have seen the bike in flesh last time & was amazed by the quality. Its very well worth the money spent..
Please do check the N650 status while you are there. Any news on them starting booking soon? IMO there has not been any delivery in Pune as of now for N650. In fact only 5 odd bikes seen to have been delivered as per xbhp.

Considering the bike was launched nearly 2 months back, its strange!
Old 4th August 2011, 15:58   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
Please do check the N650 status while you are there. Any news on them starting booking soon? IMO there has not been any delivery in Pune as of now for N650. In fact only 5 odd bikes seen to have been delivered as per xbhp.

Considering the bike was launched nearly 2 months back, its strange!
Hi Shrek,

They have till now delivered only 2 bikes & more bikes are on the way. For the booking he said booking will restart only by september.

For Ninja 250 Green color delivery time is around 1.5-2 months & for Black it minimum 90 days.
Old 17th August 2011, 13:29   #48
BHPian

Hi, how is 650r to ride 700 KM in a day with pillion ? Will it be too tiring for Pillion ? Also can you suggest a light weight riding gear for a person weighs 57 KG, and for my wife she weighs 50 KG. I will be buying it from Germany.
Old 18th August 2011, 11:37   #49
BHPian

Hi pawan_pullarwar,

I happened to ride the bike for approx 150 kms at a stretch and there was no sign of Fatigue, even the pillion seating position as well as the seat is designed keeping the touring angle in mind. I don't think it should be a problem to do 700 kms solo + pillion on this bike.

I was using an Alpinestar airflow t-breeze jacket for about 2 years, however they are very heavy and don't breathe that well. Have now switched to Rjays Octane and its at-least 30% lighter and breathes about 70% more than the Astar. They have quiet a few designs for women too.
Old 18th August 2011, 12:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hi pawan_pullarwar,

I happened to ride the bike for approx 150 kms at a stretch and there was no sign of Fatigue, even the pillion seating position as well as the seat is designed keeping the touring angle in mind. I don't think it should be a problem to do 700 kms solo + pillion on this bike.
Agree to your view, but 700 Kms with a pillion might be a lil too much. What were the speeds that you were maintaining? Was the machine able to achieve 150Kays without a sweat, if yes what was was the RPM at that point in time?
Last but not the least how was the wind blast and how effective was the front fairing/windscreen?
Sorry if these are too many Dubya questions
Old 18th August 2011, 12:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Agree to your view, but 700 Kms with a pillion might be a lil too much. What were the speeds that you were maintaining? Was the machine able to achieve 150Kays without a sweat, if yes what was was the RPM at that point in time?
Last but not the least how was the wind blast and how effective was the front fairing/windscreen?
Sorry if these are too many Dubya questions
Hi ku69rd

The bike reaches 150 effortlessly, you don't even realize that is has gone beyond 150, i do not remember the rpm correctly but it was around 6-7k.

The wind buffeting at those speeds was quiet low, thanks to the high visor.

Note - I am off for a 1400 kms round trip next month, will be in a much better position to discuss on touring topics then. Got a neat pair of Saddle bags for my babe.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mean Green Big Kwacker Rides Home : My Kawasaki Ninja 650R-supersportpanniers3.jpg  

Last edited by Speed-Freak : 18th August 2011 at 12:50. Reason: Missed adding something
Old 18th August 2011, 13:13   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Note - I am off for a 1400 kms round trip next month, will be in a much better position to discuss on touring topics then. Got a neat pair of Saddle bags for my babe.
Cool nice stuff you got in there, any chance of you heading southwards/bangalore for your 1400 Kms trip? If yes do let me know can plan to catch up. Do post in a detailed TL as well on your journey.
Stay safe and avoid Red Bull for the long ride
Old 18th August 2011, 19:47   #53
BHPian

I read in the review thread the size of the fuel tank is 15 liter and the mileage is 17 KMPL. If one need to go on long drive at triple digit speed, I think the mileage will drop to 15 KMPL, so the range is 225 KM only. Do you think it is good enough for long drive ? Do we get petrol pump within 100 KM range ?

I am out of India for 3 years now and returning soon. In India my 4 wheeler used to gives me 500 KM range. But there was an incident when I was not able to find petrol on fuel bunk for almost 100 KM, they were having diesel but no petrol.

Do you think this could be a problem during long drive ?

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 18th August 2011 at 19:48.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:11   #54
BHPian

Hey Pawan,

I have been getting about 17kmpl after some very hard revving and sudden stops, on a long ride i can comfortably vouch for about 20kmpl which still doesnt give you more than 250kms range, i am aware of only one ride in the country (ladakh) where there is no fuel station for about 400kms (correct me if am wrong) in such places you need to carry additional 15-20 litres of fuel with you.

Frankly speaking i have been riding for almost 20 years now and have never gone more than 300kms on 2 wheels, this time i have thought of going a bit further and the NH4 route is filled with fuel stations every 10-15kms.
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton - GTO - I finally discovered why the bike felt heavy, the front wheel air pressure was 12 psi, i remembered to have checked with Probiking before the delivery if the air pressure was checked and they did confirm. Now post filling it up, this dame feels as nimble as any other bike in the city driving conditions.

@ Bluevolt , ravi 23, patience wins & Acclero - Thanks a lot for your wishes guys.

@ Mantrig - I am planning to upgrade to either a Akrapovic or Two brothers exhaust, currently doing a small comparo on the two, sad we cant audition the actual sound, need to rely on you tube.

With the rain gods blessing Mumbai big time, my weekend ride seems to be a distant dream. Havent been able to ride her since Sunday noon, getting a little impatient. Keeping my fingers crossed for the weekend. Will write a short feedback once back, "That is If am able to ride out ".
Hi Speedfreak.

Have you done any further research on the aftermarket slipons?

Hows the running in going? Are you following the OEMs recommendation to the letter?
Heard someone on another thread talking of the motoman break-in method.

Got my allotment letter from the PBK showroom 2 weeks back but I could get back home only last week. I am now in the paperwork stage, taking the finance option hence the slow process. Hopefully my wheels will be with me in the next few days !

Ride safe and keep sharing your experiences with the Ninja.

Cheers.
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:47   #56
BHPian

Hi plimsollmark,

I have my eyes on 2 slipons.

1. Yoshimura
2. Leo Vince GP style

Now primary reasons for choosing the GP style of the Yoshi is because of the hot exhaust gases blow onto your feet while riding, the above mentioned exhaust are really not underbody and end a little behind the riders foot rest hereby blowing the exhaust gases away from the feet. Also the Yoshimura ones have a deeper bass and is suggested by a friend who's feedback/reviews and suggestions are well sought after across the Indian motorcycling forums.

The running-in for my 250R was done as per Motoman standards and it worked fine, this time i am relying on the suggestions made by the same friend.

" The idea of run-in is to allow the engine to heat-cycle. One heat cycle is completed when all mechanical components reach operating temperature and then are allowed to cool back down for about 20 minutes. Repeating this cycle over 500Km allows the engine to "bed-in". I advocate riding the bike as you would normally for about 30 minutes from cold and then stop for a chai and let it cool down before riding off again. Repeat this, ride through all the gears, through the prescribed rev-range for about 200Km and then open up the revs for the rest of the run-in duration. Cooling down time will increase after 200Km where you stress the engine a little bit more so give it adequate time to cool down."

And this seems to be working fine too, i had my 1st service done over the weekend, got rid of the ugly number plate bracket too, the bike feels a lot smoother after the oil change.

Congrats on the allocation, do pm me if you plan to ride down to Navi Mumbai sometime, we can catch up.
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi plimsollmark, I have my eyes on 2 slipons.

1. Yoshimura
2. Leo Vince GP style
You might want to try the M4 exhausts as well. They sound really nice and aren't very expensive too. But AFAIK, they are not available in India.

Linky - M4 Exhaust · High Performance Motorcycle Exhaust Systems
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
And this seems to be working fine too, i had my 1st service done over the weekend, got rid of the ugly number plate bracket too, the bike feels a lot smoother after the oil change.
Please do post the initial ownership experience as you are one of the earliest owners! I hope the 2012 model gets unveiled soon so that I can also book the bike. As the new model is expected by Oct'11, there will be enough ownership experiences and Bajaj would have ironed out the initial issues. (Spares, servicing experience which the CBR 205R lacks sorely)
Old 26th August 2011, 13:34   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hi plimsollmark,

I have my eyes on 2 slipons.

1. Yoshimura
2. Leo Vince GP style

Now primary reasons for choosing the GP style of the Yoshi is because of the hot exhaust gases blow onto your feet while riding, the above mentioned exhaust are really not underbody and end a little behind the riders foot rest hereby blowing the exhaust gases away from the feet. Also the Yoshimura ones have a deeper bass and is suggested by a friend who's feedback/reviews and suggestions are well sought after across the Indian motorcycling forums.

The running-in for my 250R was done as per Motoman standards and it worked fine, this time i am relying on the suggestions made by the same friend.

" The idea of run-in is to allow the engine to heat-cycle. One heat cycle is completed when all mechanical components reach operating temperature and then are allowed to cool back down for about 20 minutes. Repeating this cycle over 500Km allows the engine to "bed-in". I advocate riding the bike as you would normally for about 30 minutes from cold and then stop for a chai and let it cool down before riding off again. Repeat this, ride through all the gears, through the prescribed rev-range for about 200Km and then open up the revs for the rest of the run-in duration. Cooling down time will increase after 200Km where you stress the engine a little bit more so give it adequate time to cool down."

Congrats on the allocation, do pm me if you plan to ride down to Navi Mumbai sometime, we can catch up.
Thanks speed freak, am planning to ride it stock for a few months then start with some of the mods. An after market exhaust being one of them. Heres what I am looking to do initially -

1. Aftermarket can
2. Frame sliders for protection
3. Some nice reflective beading on the tyres matching the ninja green
4. Seat cover (most probably by luimoto)
5. Rear view mirror extenders
6. (Needless to mention) ditch the saree guard and front number plate

Long term plans -
1. Change the windscreen to a larger and preferably opaque/darker one
2. Put a ermax tail tidier
3. Rear seat cowl
4. Probably get the lower fairing also ninja greened

Will get in touch if I head to navi mumbai this time around !
Btw what replacement oil did you use

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
You might want to try the M4 exhausts as well. They sound really nice and aren't very expensive too. But AFAIK, they are not available in India.

Linky - M4 Exhaust · High Performance Motorcycle Exhaust Systems
n_aditya

thanks for the tip, yes am planning to try and listen to and look at reviews of as many cans as possible before buying, if its not available in India then can easily source one these days.
Since this is a super popular bike worldwide, there are plenty of forums and reviews to go through online.

Last edited by plimsollmark : 26th August 2011 at 13:54. Reason: corrected typos
Old 29th August 2011, 09:17   #60
BHPian

Hey plimsollmark,

The guys at probiking have used Veedol 10w40 Super Swift, Synthetic oil.

Look forward to see you sometime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks