Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 18:07   #16
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyosung GT650R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroyal View Post

I have already done the first service.It costed Rs 2,150 which included engine oil change and replacement of oil filter.
Good going! Can you give us the split/break up of the jobs done. And I don't think they have put fully synthetic oil otherwise that itself will be close to just under 4,000.
Old 9th August 2011, 18:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Good going! Can you give us the split/break up of the jobs done. And I don't think they have put fully synthetic oil otherwise that itself will be close to just under 4,000.
Hi.Oil change costed Rs 1150 and oil filter costed Rs 750,plus tax.They have put Semi synthetic oil.
Old 10th August 2011, 21:44   #18
BHPian

Melroyal !

Congrats on the bike. Just dropped in on the thread. I too am about to get mine, the Ninja 650R. Although the Hyosung looks a little flashier and better, for my tall height (6'2'') I found the seating position far more comfortable on the Ninja.

Cheers and Safe riding !
Old 10th August 2011, 23:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plimsollmark View Post
Melroyal !

Congrats on the bike. Just dropped in on the thread. I too am about to get mine, the Ninja 650R. Although the Hyosung looks a little flashier and better, for my tall height (6'2'') I found the seating position far more comfortable on the Ninja.

Cheers and Safe riding !
Congrats on choosing the N650R.It's a fantastic bike.
Old 11th August 2011, 16:22   #20
BHPian

MelRoyal.. I can just admire this bike all day long. The red color looks superb. How is it like driving this bike on city roads? What is the top speed like at 9K RPM in top gear.

Hope you got all your safety gear ready.

Enjoy your bike and have a safe riding.
Old 11th August 2011, 23:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
MelRoyal.. I can just admire this bike all day long. The red color looks superb. How is it like driving this bike on city roads? What is the top speed like at 9K RPM in top gear.

Hope you got all your safety gear ready.

Enjoy your bike and have a safe riding.
Thanks Nikhil for the compliment.
The bike is very much rideable in city traffic.But at slow moving stop and start traffic there is heat generated from the engine which comes on your thighs.
As per Garware website top speed is 220kmph@9,000rpm,which I haven't tested out since the bike is still in brake in period.But I have done speeds of 160kmph@6,000rpm which is easily attainable.
Yes,I have purchased my riding gear.Check it out!
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyosung GT650R.-me-gear.jpg  

melroyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 23:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nikhil for the compliment.
The bike is very much rideable in city traffic.But at slow moving stop and start traffic there is heat generated from the engine which comes on your thighs.
As per Garware website top speed is 220kmph@9,000rpm,which I haven't tested out since the bike is still in brake in period.But I have done speeds of 160kmph@6,000rpm which is easily attainable.
Yes,I have purchased my riding gear.Check it out!
Nice safety gear. You look cool in the pic. I will be waiting for your detailed review once you complete your run-in period
Old 12th August 2011, 00:21   #23
BHPian

Congrats on a great purchase.

However I have some likes/dislikes/doubts.

Like:

1. No panel gaps.
2. Good paint job.
3. Really like those airscoops (Are they for RAM air/or simply aircooling?)

Dislike:

1. Why is one the mechanic barefoot and other one wearing flip-flops during servicing? Somehow these small things matter to me and shows the quality being provided IMHO. But thats me.

Doubts:

1. Please provide your input on riding position of this bike as I feel it has sportier stance compared to Ninja and its heavy. Do you wish to use this as a daily commuter or a weekend fun bike? Daily commuter=Sore backs probably.
Old 12th August 2011, 10:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarun83 View Post
Why is one the mechanic barefoot and other one wearing flip-flops during servicing? Somehow these small things matter to me and shows the quality being provided IMHO. But thats me.
Sadly in our country labor is very cheap and businesses make the money while the labor class toils. One can't expect the mechanics to be wearing professional quality overalls and boots unless the dealer provides them. IMO, its the duty of the dealer to provide these basic resources to the mechanics since the mechanics themselves can't afford to buy them.

Quote:
1. Please provide your input on riding position of this bike as I feel it has sportier stance compared to Ninja and its heavy.
If you are comparing this to the Ninja 650R then the riding position of the Hyosung GT650R is definitely aggressive and sporty, since it is a sports bike. The ninja 650R is a sports tourer and has a wide handlebar (No clip-on's), flowing seat for rider and pillion (unlike the split seat on sportsbikes) and upright riding position.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:59   #25

Congratulations on the GT650R. As a present owner of a GT250 which has done 15K Kms, I can tell you that Hyosung does make good quality and well specified motorcycles. They look great too!! V-twins are indeed special and the even spread of torque and power will be enjoyable. Don't trust the mechanics too much and ensure the basic maintenance is always done. Take special care of engine oil, oil filter and air filter changes. I have been changing oil on my GT250 every 3K Kms and I can tell you that it makes a big difference in the long run.

Happy riding!
Old 13th August 2011, 01:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
Nice safety gear. You look cool in the pic. I will be waiting for your detailed review once you complete your run-in period
Thanks bro.
Quote:
1. Please provide your input on riding position of this bike as I feel it has sportier stance compared to Ninja and its heavy. Do you wish to use this as a daily commuter or a weekend fun bike? Daily commuter=Sore backs probably.
Hi tarun.Airscoops are plain air vents for engine cooling.Riding positin is a lean forward position which is actually comfortable even for an hour ride on the bike.The seat is wide and comfy.It is heavy at 215kg.I use it for daily commute,the only complain is that in stop and go traffic there is heat coming from the engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
If you are comparing this to the Ninja 650R then the riding position of the Hyosung GT650R is definitely aggressive and sporty, since it is a sports bike. The ninja 650R is a sports tourer and has a wide handlebar (No clip-on's), flowing seat for rider and pillion (unlike the split seat on sportsbikes) and upright riding position.
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsubash View Post
Take special care of engine oil, oil filter and air filter changes. I have been changing oil on my GT250 every 3K Kms and I can tell you that it makes a big difference in the long run.
Thanks for the input,it was helfull.Which engine oil do you use?
Old 13th August 2011, 11:02   #27

Quote:

Thanks for the input,it was helfull.Which engine oil do you use?
Initial 3K Kms I used the oil supplied by the service station (don't know what it was). After that I switched to Motul 300V. Presently using Motul 5100 semi synthetic. Motul supplies are notoriously unreliable. IMHO, doesn't really matter as long you are regular about changing oil.
Old 13th August 2011, 14:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsubash View Post
Presently using Motul 5100 semi synthetic.
Thanks for the reply,what's the cost per liter of Motul 5100?
Old 17th August 2011, 16:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

@melroyal -- did you take a test ride of the 650R?
Old 19th August 2011, 13:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
@melroyal -- did you take a test ride of the 650R?
Hi Nilesh.When I booked the GT in April,2011 there were no Ninja 650R in Bajaj PBK.
But I had done a search on the internet and I wasn't pleased with the commuter..ish look of the N650R.The sound of the N650R didn't sound that great either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks