Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Warm winds blowing
Heating blue sky
And a road that goes forever...

- Chris Rea

WOW!!!!

Now that's some awesome shot!!! Thank You Rudra!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
IMO, to fix a hole of 2mm, I find it ridiculous to make a hole of 5mm & fix that twig.

I have been using sealant in my tire & it has worked like charm.

Sheel where can I get this sealant and can I use it myself or does it require some special equipment?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th May 2013 at 12:14. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 5th May 2013, 13:31   #94
Team-BHP Support

Re: From a legendary sportbike to a legendary globe tourer BMW R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Sheel where can I get this sealant and can I use it myself or does it require some special equipment?
Most tire shops & automotive showrooms/sales outlet stock this.

Slime is a famous brand & IIRC, most Yamaha dealers stock it after the advent of R15/FZ series.

You need to take out the air from the tire, squeeze the liquid content, via the air-nozzle (the pipe of the sealant is such, that it shall lock itself. Like an air-pressure pump)

The one who sells this can easily do it. Just make sure, there is an air-filling nozzle nearby.

It shall seal the puncture.

^^ Fantastic captures by Rudra.

I am sure he has to show more if he was on a vacation.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 14:00   #95
BHPian

I wish in the first snap, he had taken it with the lights on. That headlight design is wicked.
manolin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 14:25   #96
BHPian

This stuff is a perfect tourer. I was never a fan of cruiser and touring bikes until I got a chance to drive Avenger 200 and then a Bullet later. Wish you safe riding.

Owner's mustache is classy. I hope you may be less troubled by the cops especially if you go to South India.

Cheers
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 12:16   #97
BANNED

Surprise big surprise, I was sure it is Rudra's pic but not 100% when you posted on Facebook, the pic quality is screaming Rudra's name loudly, very nicely captured.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 18:46   #98
Senior - BHPian

Does BMW keep spares of the bike and for service ? .I was thinking to get a Metzeler Tourance 150 70R17 tyre for KTM . How much would BMW showroom charge for this ?
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 20:44   #99
Senior - BHPian

No idea about the price but don't expect it to be anything short of expensive. I am sure you can get the tires through the superbike parts dealers all over india. especially Pune and Bangalore.
Old 10th September 2013, 15:59   #100
BHPian

Wow! is the only word I can begin with . Congratulations for your absolute B & B (Beauty & Beast). Indeed a 5 star thread. I am glued to this one. A very crisp and thorough write up. When it comes to BMW bikes I was a fan of K 1300 R which will be featuring in Dhoom 3 movie and will be used by Amir Khan scheduled for a release in December 2013. In your initial posts you have mentioned that you have considered the K 1300 R as well. I know both these bikes are from different leagues i.e. one is urban and other is off road. Just wanted to know what was your take on the K 1300 R? Did you had a test ride of K 1300 R as well? What was your conclusion, if yes? Well, after reading your thread I'm bit confused between both of them. Please share your valuable comments.
PS: By the way we share the same registration number of the bike. My bullet also have the number 0009.

Last edited by db0009 : 10th September 2013 at 16:01.
Old 10th September 2013, 17:39   #101
Senior - BHPian

Small Update:

I found the Tire Sealant at the local Firefox dealer from whom I've also bought my Trek Cycle.

Do it yourself like a charm, The air pressure in the front tire hasn't gone down at all. Its working perfectly. Have had a few offroad rides as well as on road ones. Perfect. No hassles at all. Added it in the rear tire as well for safeguard.

This was a tube sealant so I was a bit worried about its working in a tubeless tire, but it worked perfect.

db0009: Thanks.

Yes I have ridden the K1300R as well and infact it is owned by one of the riders in my group. It is a mental bike. Pretty powerful but then again, it fell in the ZX-12R category of which I wanted to get out. Too much power is scary. Its too much headache on the mind at all times. The posture is the same even though this is said to be a street bike. Its an non-faired superbike.
Also now with the watercooled GS in the showrooms, the power deficit is further reduced. And with the host of goodies with the R1200GS watercooled like the LED Headlamps and the super smart Active suspension, this is a new level of beast. If you go in for the top end GS you'll have just too many goodies to play with and have a blast in all types of roads.
One simple thing:
With the GS where superbikers have to slow down, you can just shift the cog down a gear, stand up and power your way across!
navpreet318 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 12:06   #102
BHPian

Quote:
With the GS where superbikers have to slow down, you can just shift the cog down a gear, stand up and power your way across!
Hi,

How is your bike doing? Kindly keep updating especially the maintenance and upkeep costs etc.

TIA
Old 5th February 2014, 17:07   #103
Senior - BHPian

I saw a GS 800 yesterday with wire spoked wheels (not alloys). It looks considerably smaller and bulkier (as a bike, not just the motor) than the humungous 1200 cc big brother. But otherwise, essentially the same styling and design cues.
Old 21st February 2014, 14:04   #104
Senior - BHPian

Bike is doing good. Haven't gotten any serious miles on it in the recent past as I've ben in Pune and the bike is in Dehradun.

Maintenance costs are low as I've started doing the maintenance myself. Started using Mobil Delvac 1 HDEO oil in it. Bike feels smoother, especially early morning cold starts.

Still looking for gear oil GL5 75W140. Possibly will use a GL5 SAE 90 in it. Should be good for indian weather.

Thats it. Nothing much else to add. Its working perfect. Evening cafe rides, All day rides to Mussoorie, Dhanaulti and a major high speed offroad ride once in a while. Just perfect.

Oh yes. Added spoke covers which I bought from "Accidental Broadcast" from Maui. Black color. Looks cool.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 14:22   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bike is doing good. Haven't gotten any serious miles on it in the recent past as I've ben in Pune and the bike is in Dehradun.

Maintenance costs are low as I've started doing the maintenance myself. Started using Mobil Delvac 1 HDEO oil in it. Bike feels smoother, especially early morning cold starts.

Still looking for gear oil GL5 75W140. Possibly will use a GL5 SAE 90 in it. Should be good for indian weather.

Thats it. Nothing much else to add. Its working perfect. Evening cafe rides, All day rides to Mussoorie, Dhanaulti and a major high speed offroad ride once in a while. Just perfect.

Oh yes. Added spoke covers which I bought from "Accidental Broadcast" from Maui. Black color. Looks cool.
Delvac1?;isnt it supposed to be for oil burners?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks