Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 12:27   #91
BANNED

Re: Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
You might want to ride a friend's bike for some distance and then take a call.
Unfortunately, I do not have any friends who own any superbike, forget the Ninja.

Of course that is unless,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
happy.
You are willing to oblige..

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I know of a Clean Pre Worshipped 650R that is going to be on sale very soon
Just a heads up in case you are interested.
My interest depends on my riding one for, say an hour or so, with my wife to assess its comfort levels alone. I m sure it is a blazing performer and I do not even want to test that.

The "friend search" is on..fingers crossed..!!
Old 14th July 2013, 12:13   #92
rbp
BHPian

Finally an update after long time, the projectors are installed, though the headlights are far more better than stock they could get better if I get the alignment properly done. That is pending. Actually the 2012 & 2013 650's have less space inside the headlights for the projectors to fit properly, when compared to the 2011 650's.

Did a 500 km ride to Kemmangundi yesterday, brilliant ride it was. Kemmangundi is a hill station 250 kms from Bangalore. In rains it is mind blowing and heavenly.
By the way I got the second service done at 5K [1K kms early], surprisingly I got an FE of 24+ kmpl over the 500 kms ride, I wasnt riding slow by any means.

The oooh's and aah's while going through the village's and highway, tourist people in innova's and car's all keep turning back to see the green beauty, it is a little embarrassing at times.

At one place, I stopped the bike and went to a shop to get some water, some a*****e happily went and sat on the bike . People just don't have manner's .

Let the pictures do the talking now.

This is where the Ninja was heading to

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0098.jpg

A photo session on the way

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0090.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0092.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0093.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0094.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0095.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0102.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0104.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0105.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0106.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0109.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0112.jpg

The projectors

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0114.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0115.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0116.jpg

The hills are always inviting biker's, the western ghats are pure bliss.

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0117.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0130.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0134.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0136.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0148.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0150.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_0154.jpg
rbp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 15:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

That's an excellent ride rbp . Did it rain anywhere . Next time ping if its one day ride ,will try to pitch in .
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 19:57   #94
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
That's an excellent ride rbp . Did it rain anywhere . Next time ping if its one day ride ,will try to pitch in .
Luckily, at every spot I reached it had already rained, but I actually wanted to ride in the rain. On the hill top there was no rain at all, just mist mist mist everywhere. On the way back near Tumkur it kept drizzling, I was riding very cautiously in rain, I was worried about dropping it, it is impossible to lift the machine once down, I haven't exp it, but I was off balance once before and I realized this thing is a Japanese SUMO wrestler .

I shall ping you next time.
Old 15th July 2013, 11:50   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Count me in for one day rides, hopefully on the new bike wink: wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Luckily, at every spot I reached it had already rained, but I actually wanted to ride in the rain. On the hill top there was no rain at all, just mist mist mist everywhere. On the way back near Tumkur it kept drizzling, I was riding very cautiously in rain, I was worried about dropping it, it is impossible to lift the machine once down, I haven't exp it, but I was off balance once before and I realized this thing is a Japanese SUMO wrestler .

I shall ping you next time.
Get the alignment done and the vibrations fixed. How did the vibrations fare while riding at speed. The other day when I rode it found the projectors vibrating a quite bit throwing off the light beam.
Old 15th July 2013, 18:20   #96
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Count me in for one day rides, hopefully on the new bike wink: wink:

Get the alignment done and the vibrations fixed. How did the vibrations fare while riding at speed. The other day when I rode it found the projectors vibrating a quite bit throwing off the light beam.
The vibes are only till it crosses 4.5K, once past she is butter. I figured out from where the vibes are coming, will get her fixed. As for the projector alignment, you drop over to my place, we will remove the fairing and take the bike to Satya.
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:01   #97
rbp
BHPian

In my last ride, my close buddy joined me for the ride, he would never understand what the fuss was all about owning a superbike. He understood it that day with so many queries from passers by. When I had parked it near a hotel for a break, one guy came to us and asked if the bike makes noise . Later on figured out he wanted to checkout her exhaust note. Lots of people were taking snaps while we were cruising slowly. My friend found it very embarrassing with everyone starting at us. My friend rides a unicorn and he was riding the Ninja too like a unicorn. He wasnt shifting it at high revvs. The bike gets mental only after 6000 rpm and goes all the way till 10K. 6K to 9K rpm is where she lets loose some serious power. I had to demo it to him once as to how to shift .

Finally found some time from my family commitments to do a ride. It was almost a month since I last rode. Did a 400kms ride, left at 8:45 and was back by 2:30PM. I went to a place called mari kanive dam. For the first time did off roading, took her to the back waters of the dam to capture some snaps. After reaching the backwaters, when I took out the SLR I realized there is no memory card in it, was heart broken. For memory sake took, a couple of snaps from my 3+yrs old phone. She was effortless while offroading, I was concerned about picking up a puncture. Spent some 15 to 20 mins at the place and returned. She delivered around 22kmpl and I wasn't riding slow by any standards, I overtook every vehicle that I came across. She just loves being revved.

Also used the car jack to raise the bike for chain cleaning. Finally I was able to clean the chain and lube her properly for the first time. The bike has done only 6.2K kms . I need to ride her more.

Also I purchased the RJays bike cover, the cover has soft inner lining which helps prevent scratches. The cover is of really good quality, worthy investment.

The paddock stand and spools have arrived, I need to get them from the transport office.

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-img_20130901_115515.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-img_20130901_115600.jpg
rbp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 11:24   #98
BHPian

No more updates here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks