Team-BHP - Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/141465-harley-davidson-superlow-xl883l-comprehensive-review-22.html)

Ordered Cramster's Eclipse Leather+Mesh Jacket - http://www.cramster.in/Products/Cram...d-1333203.aspx after prolonged discussions with them. Landing cost is 7.6K including 350 bucks for courier.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-cramster-eclipse-leathermesh-jacket.jpg

Some features as mentioned on their website -

All Weather Hybrid Riding Jacket

True All Weather Convertible Jacket with Dual (External & Internal) Multi Climate Liners.
Extreme Comfort & Safety in Any Kind of Climate.
Styling: Short | Convertible | Top Leather

Primary Layer/Outer Shell: Premium Grain Leather + TechnoTex®
Secondary Outer Shell: Maxtex Cordura + Heavy Duty Mesh
Contact Layer: Perforated Mesh Liner

Integrated Water Resist Layer: Original Reissa® Powerskin | Breathable | Rain/Wind/Snow Resistant
Inner Detachable Layer: Thermolite® Warm Liner - Best In Class | Full Length Fully Detachable
Outer Detachable Panel :
360Degree Removable Technotex Panel
On the Fly Textile to Mesh (with Reissa Inner) Convertibility

Exclusive Pluggable Flourescent Reflective Vest for Supreme Day+Night Visibility
CE Approved Armours - 5 piece set (2 Shoulder, 2 Elbow and 1 Back armour pad)
Optimized Air Flow
PreCurved Sleeves for Max Comfort
Adjustable Sleeve Straps
3M Scotchlite® Reflectives - Front & Back
YKK® Zippers

Seems to be fully loaded. Rest, detailed review on receipt.

So I received the Cramster's ECLIPSE Riding Jacket today. I have posted detailed photos and short review here on the Riding Gear thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3448657

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_front.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_back.jpg

Great International level quality. Not a thread out of place. Great Premium Grain Leather and other materials like Cordura, Mesh etc. -
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_3.jpg

Cheers...

Had a short and not so sweet 90km ride today. Went in search of the Basilica at Sardhana but the last mile road was so bad that we turned back to our original route, which too was jammed up due to some accident.

So it was sweltering at 43 degrees with a maximum forecast of 47 and a (not so) perfect time to test out the Cramster Jacket
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sunday-ride-08062014_4.jpg

4 bikers. 90 km trip. No reason to ride...
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sunday-ride-08062014_3.jpg

The Cramster Jacket survived its toughest heat test. The air flow was quite good and I was pleasantly surprised that even after weighing what it does, it did not lead to any fatigue. I would say it performed very well and the overall fit and finish is a steal at this price. Sorry about those Military Baggies. They need to be thrown out immediately. Do not provide any safety. A heavy pair of jeans is better any day. The Armstrongs too are doing quite well. Very comfortable and the assurance of a proper safety shoe is priceless.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sunday-ride-08062014_1.jpg

I would like to add that nearing the 4k mark on the odo, this 883 motor has really taken a turn for the better. It has really smoothed out and I can actually feel the plushness. It keeps getting better and better with the pocket rocket.

Cheers...

Crossed 4000kms in 9 months in today's ride... The fastest I have done on 2 wheels.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sunday-ride-4k-mark-15062014_1.jpg

Gear's holding up well. Pretty fantastic I would say.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sunday-ride-4k-mark-15062014_5.jpg

The love affair with this Sportster deepens. Beautiful rumble, sweat-heart one moment and a beast in the next... ZERO issues in these 9 months/4k kms. That's the Harley build.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sunday-ride-4k-mark-15062014_7.jpg

Cheers...

I have to say that this thread has been quite inspiring to me. Finally last evening, I and my family stormed the newly built North India's biggest showroom Capital Harley gurgaon to book my superlow.

Thank god that got over street and booked the Superlow and wonder why was I ever considering Street in the first place. It doesn’t have the harley charector at all.

Anyway, the point is that after so many threads, so many posts and showroom visits, both in Hyderabad and Delhi, I am now a step closer to realising my dream of owning a true classic - the Sportster833XL aka the Superlow. And now the biggest wait of my life begins as they have quoted 6-8 months (all because of street's heavy production :Frustrati )

Special thanks to Dheeraj sir, Shubz, and Dustom99 for constant updates and guidance. I look forward to ride with all of you one day. I've already planned my maiden long trip - Hyderabad - Delhi (1560kms in 3-4 days)

I already feel part of the family :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh (Post 3457095)
I have to say that this thread has been quite inspiring to me. Finally last evening, I and my family stormed the newly built North India's biggest showroom Capital Harley gurgaon to book my superlow.

Thank god that got over street and booked the Superlow and wonder why was I ever considering Street in the first place. It doesn’t have the harley charector at all.

Anyway, the point is that after so many threads, so many posts and showroom visits, both in Hyderabad and Delhi, I am now a step closer to realising my dream of owning a true classic - the Sportster833XL aka the Superlow. And now the biggest wait of my life begins as they have quoted 6-8 months (all because of street's heavy production :Frustrati )

Special thanks to Dheeraj sir, Shubz, and Dustom99 for constant updates and guidance. I look forward to ride with all of you one day. I've already planned my maiden long trip - Hyderabad - Delhi (1560kms in 3-4 days)

Good choice , its soo much better in handling and comfort v/S Iron once the GC is raised.
shall you feel the need to increase ride hight and increase Handling into your Ownership , you know who to contact!clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustom_99 (Post 3457122)
Good choice , its soo much better in handling and comfort v/S Iron once the GC is raised.
shall you feel the need to increase ride hight and increase Handling into your Ownership , you know who to contact!clap:

Sure sir, will do. I have around 6 months to dream all about it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh (Post 3457095)

Congrats Abhimanyu on a wise decision. Though you may be bitten by the upgrade bug as that happens with new Harley owners quite often. That is not to do with any deficiency on the product side that you have chosen but more to do the vast choice that is available from the Harley fold. Personally I feel that the Superlow is a great choice for Indian riding conditions. You will just need to get accustomed to the the slight harsh ride that is there in most Harleys compared to our 100~200cc bikes (though the Superlow has better ride quality than many other Harleys) and the slight lower ground clearance. But once you learn to tame this 260kg beast, the experience turns pure bliss. And this happens at least 3 months after ownership. So be patient. Let the engine reach its peak capacity after fully running in (at around 3.5k km mark). And then you would just wait for those daily morning rides on your steed, like I do...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3459299)
Congrats Abhimanyu on a wise decision.
But once you learn to tame this 260kg beast, the experience turns pure bliss. And then you would just wait for those daily morning rides on your steed, like I do...

Thank you sir! I'm sure it'll take time for me to get around but I just can’t wait to get started :)
In the meanwhile I'm deeply engrossed with the 1200 page customisation catalogue I got at the time of booking and finding it very hard to resist. But I’ll limit it to the basics like seat and crash guards at the time of delivery. Maybe a little chrome here and there as the dealer told me that if you get that at the time of delivery it'll be a part of the 2 yr motorcyle warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh (Post 3459148)
I have around 6 months to dream all about it :)

Congratulations Abhimanyu! Wise decision and you will definitely enjoy your ride very much compared to Street. I guess Back rest, Pillion seat, foot pegs and crash guard are good enough accessories to start with. You can add screaming eagle intake kit, exhaust may be after the first year.

Look at some amazing chrome / decal / petrol cap options from HD US website and check if your Harley dealer can place the order and get you the same.

My dealer obliged with something I wanted from the HD US site and has placed the order. It does not cost you more and for me it was more or less a straight forward conversion from dollar to INR.

Happy dreaming and start planning for your riding gear for Harley rides in case you do not have one.

Looking forward to ride with you sometime here in Bangalore or in Hyderabad in one of the HOG rides.

Ride Safe!

!! Dhiraj Sir !! Hats off to your dedication and sheer devotion to Superlow. Starting 2 days back I just finished reading every word on your post. I have a small msg for you !!Thank You!! Your owner ship experience is indeed a real inspiration for prospect buyers.

I'm at a stage very near to book the iron 883. However your post is making me rethink on my decision and go for superlow. I think you've set the tone around how easy the superlow is for Indian conditions. I just wanted to ask you or any fellow or senior bikers if iron 883 is really that hard to ride? ?. I ask this since I'm a new biker and want to own a Harley purely for hobbying. Please help me choose between iron & superlow. I'm about 5ft6 and found iron ok when I did a TD. They didn't have the superlow for TD. Hence asking. I'm from New Bombay and my riding is going to be in and around Mumbai. I'm sure you'll shall help.me choose between the 2. Honestly I'm just so impressed with all black iron 883. Thank you in advance.

Harley World Ride; 22-23 June'2014

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-world-ride-day-22062014_7.jpg

So it was another Sunday but this time even after some important work, I rode, because it was World Ride Day. Every Harley owner worth his grain of salt was riding somewhere. So a short and sweet burst of 100kms saw figures crossing 165. Some nice clicks were made a friend's son riding pillion on his Fat Boy Special.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-world-ride-day-22062014_11.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-world-ride-day-22062014_2.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-world-ride-day-22062014_5.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-world-ride-day-22062014_10.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-world-ride-day-22062014_16.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-world-ride-day-22062014_18.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-world-ride-day-22062014_13.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-world-ride-day-22062014_14.jpg

Cheers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vista (Post 3460583)
I just wanted to ask you or any fellow or senior bikers if iron 883 is really that hard to ride? ? Honestly I'm just so impressed with all black iron 883. Thank you in advance.

Iron is good for bikers looking for the blacked out look. The Superlow has a more old school chrome charm to it. Rest there is not much to differentiate the two except for the 1 lac plus price difference. If your heart is set on the Iron, go for it man. Buying a bike is a emotional affair, at least for me. So go for what your heart tells you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dust_Harl (Post 3459826)
Congratulations Abhimanyu! Wise decision and you will definitely enjoy your ride very much compared to Street. I guess Back rest, Pillion seat, foot pegs and crash guard are good enough accessories to start with. You can add screaming eagle intake kit, exhaust may be after the first year.

Look at some amazing chrome / decal / petrol cap options from HD US website and check if your Harley dealer can place the order and get you the same.

Happy dreaming and start planning for your riding gear for Harley rides in case you do not have one.

Looking forward to ride with you sometime here in Bangalore or in Hyderabad in one of the HOG rides.

Ride Safe!

Thanks buddy, i'm doing the same, preparing a list and a wish list :)

I look forward to riding with you and Shubz once I'm in Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vista (Post 3460583)
I just wanted to ask you or any fellow or senior bikers if iron 883 is really that hard to ride? ?. I ask this since I'm a new biker and want to own a Harley purely for hobbying. Please help me choose between iron & superlow.

Bro,

The Iron 883 unbelievably Hard (to resist) to ride! ;-) Its so hard that I just completed 10K in my 5+ months of owning one!

Check this out - -> I just got Har-ley'd!

Cheers!

Got these collectors winter 100th Anniversary Jackets...

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-jacket-100th-anniversary_1.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-jacket-100th-anniversary_2.jpg