Team-BHP - Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/141465-harley-davidson-superlow-xl883l-comprehensive-review-12.html)

Early morning FOG ride. Visibility 5 meters.....

Very nice bike, these Harleys'. I have just come back from a weekend drive organised by the DBBR (Delhi Breakfast Biker Run). We went from Delhi to Alwar and stayed at the Sariska Tiger Camp

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/d...group_activity

We had one of these Harley's in our group of bikers. Mostly RE and a few others. The one thing with the Harley is ground clearance. On these sort of trips there are endless speed bumps and the various big holes, sometimes filled with water right across the roads. With the Harley you need to be very carefull. In fact, once it got completely stuck and we had to lift it off the speed hump. But still, a very nice bike!

Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 3321569)
In fact, once it got completely stuck and we had to lift it off the speed hump.

That made me laugh, "lift it off" :D. Anyways, I haven't faced such a situation on the badland roads of 'Wild' West UP on my roading as well as off-roading rides. The lower ground clearance is a issue mainly in the city with some atrociously crafted 'bumps'. On the highways, it takes all that is thrown at it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3321608)
That made me laugh, "lift it off" :D. .

We did laugh too when this happened, that is until we actually started lifting. These things are HEAVY!

Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3321475)
Early morning FOG ride. Visibility 5 meters.....

Your bike seems to be in high beam (refer first pic). This will only cause the light to get reflected from fog & hamper vision. Use the low beam & get fog lamps installed, or avoid using the bike in fog.

It is safer, as far as I know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3321825)
Your bike seems to be in high beam (refer first pic). This will only cause the light to get reflected from fog & hamper vision. Use the low beam & get fog lamps installed, or avoid using the bike in fog.

It is safer, as far as I know.

As per myexperience, high or low beam has no impact during the daytime during the fog. In fact high beam helps you to get noticed by oncoming traffic, specially where the roads have no dividers (and places like Gurgaon and Meerut where people can come in the wrong side even if there are dividers!)

Avoiding the use of bike during fog is much better alternative.

The new addition to our Mutineer's Motorcycling Club -

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-ducati-diavel-ride-19122013_4.jpg

The Devil.... err, the Ducati Diavel
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-ducati-diavel-ride-19122013_2.jpg

Shod with fantastic Pirellis
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-ducati-diavel-ride-19122013_5.jpg

2011 Model, 1300kms, 20L.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-ducati-diavel-ride-19122013_1.jpg

Cheers...

Interesting to see a KA registration - Temporary that too. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3323957)
Interesting to see a KA registration - Temporary that too.

Yes, my friend just got it from Bangalore. The previous owner was riding it on temporary registration since the past 2 years :Shockked:. Must be a resourceful chap. He will be getting it permanently registered here in Meerut soon.

The first Executive Meeting of the "Mutineers Motorcycling Club", Meerut, was held today -

Name:  ForumRunner_20131222_133641.png
Views: 3086
Size:  867.2 KB

"MUTINEERS" is a part of the name of the Motorcycle Club. It is deceptive of the name of the Place where the Club was formed and will be headquartered. It is associated with the revolutionaries that sparked the Mutiny of 1857 at Meerut. This was also called the First War of Independence of India from the British Rule. It is in no way associated with the derogatory term "Mutiny" that we know of today. It forays into the sentiments of the people of Meerut in particular and India in general.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131222_133737.png
Views: 2971
Size:  900.8 KB

The Sportster looking puny in front err... back of the Ducati Diavel.
Name:  ForumRunner_20131222_133813.png
Views: 3429
Size:  878.1 KB

IBW Goa details formalised. Hope to see my TBhp biker mates there.

Cheers....

Our official Club Emblem Patch with my call sign on top -

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-club-logo-call-sign_yoda.jpg

This will be stuck as a 3" width patch on the front of our jackets and a 9" width patch on the backs.

Sahara Samay TV Interview - 25-12-2013

So we were contacted by Sahara Samay TV to do a video/photo shoot and interview for their TV and newspaper. Must be the 'Dhoom 3' Effect...lolz

Initially we were 3
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sahara-samay-tv-shoot-25122013_1.jpg

Then 4
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sahara-samay-tv-shoot-25122013_2.jpg

Then 5
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sahara-samay-tv-shoot-25122013_3.jpg

Finally 7
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sahara-samay-tv-shoot-25122013_4.jpg

The venue was the historic 'Wheler's Club' once again
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sahara-samay-tv-shoot-25122013_5.jpg

Had a fantastic morning with the crew of Sahara TV
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sahara-samay-tv-shoot-25122013_8.jpg

You guys have a nice small close knit group. And you are actually riding.

Hope you guys can maintain this and not get into the inevitable "club" ratrace. :thumbs up

It will not be easy .....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3327930)
and not get into the inevitable "club" ratrace.

Do elaborate on that Doc so that I am well versed before hand as I have no idea what is happening in other clubs? We really would like to remain a ride oriented club. Would have loved to meet you guys at IBW but I read somewhere that you are not going.

Merry Christmas, btw, to all my mates...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ch6E...ature=youtu.be

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3327998)
Do elaborate on that Doc so that I am well versed before hand as I have no idea what is happening in other clubs? We really would like to remain a ride oriented club. Would have loved to meet you guys at IBW but I read somewhere that you are not going.

Merry Christmas, btw, to all my mates...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ch6E...ature=youtu.be

Too long (and controversial, and politically charged) a topic to be discussed on a public forum bro. Best discussed face to face. Suffice to say the downward spiral starts when a club becomes more an organisation than a group of guys getting together to simply ride.