Team-BHP - Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/141465-harley-davidson-superlow-xl883l-comprehensive-review-34.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakesh_S (Post 3602572)
1. MT Helmets - Was considering one seriously. One of the reviews mentioned that it tends to develop pressure points over time. How has been your experience so far?

2. I do like the way you 'Harley' your helmets, jackets etc. Where do you find your stickers, patches etc.?

1. It's too early in its life cycle to give a conclusive verdict on MT. But from what I have encountered till now its a decent helmet with proper safety ratings for the price.
2. I get the stickers printed at a local shop which also cuts it to size by automatic machines. Some I have bought from ebay. Also some patches were also made at a local embroider like the HOG patch which I got duplicated from the original and some patches were bought online from ebay.com. The original patches are very exorbitant and nearly 10 times the cost price which some of my mates bought at the Pushkar HOG ride.

Thanks Dheeraj for your inputs. Its always a pleasure to read your insights. I'm quite certain of getting an MT. AGV equivalents are expensive and not worth the difference.
Thanks again !

Got the delivery of Street today.

Ride back home was crazy to say the least...look forward to some open roads on Sunday

Thanks again all of you for giving me the courage to ride again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakesh_S (Post 3606356)
Got the delivery of Street today.

Ride back home was crazy to say the least...look forward to some open roads on Sunday

Thanks again all of you for giving me the courage to ride again!

Congrats buddy, welcome to HOG. Looking forward to your ownership thread. :thumbs up

Congrats @rakesh_s on your new ride. Wish you a happy and safe rides.

@dkaile , wish you a very happy and a prosperous new year.
Looking forward for much more posts

The New Year starts.

Odo at
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-odo-7147km-01012015.jpg

Did approx 5500kms in this calendar year which is quite low. But good enough for a leisure biker.

Last Sunday Ride of 2014
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-last-sunday-ride-2014_1.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-last-sunday-ride-2014_2.jpg

With the new Fat Boy in the group
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-last-sunday-ride-2014_3.jpg

With Wifey. The inflation is more due to the wind... lolz
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-last-sunday-ride-2014_4.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-club-06122014.jpg

Cheers...

Hi Dheeraj ji. Your thread was the only thing that kept me pushing along the waiting period for the Superlow. I had initially booked the 750 on March 1 as wanted to be an early customer but down the line realized that it made no sense for a first time owner to have 750 as it won't be the same as other rides from the Harley stable. (Been riding for years but haven't owned one because of family pressure on the safety gyaan).

Had I booked my SL on March 1st, I would have got it within a few weeks but as my rebooking was only in May, I had to wait all through the year and finally took delivery on Christmas Day. Your insights on the gear was also very useful.

Will be posting an ownership thread soon but once again a big thank you.clap:

1. It's too early in its life cycle to give a conclusive verdict on MT. But from what I have encountered till now its a decent helmet with proper safety ratings for the price.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3602810)
2. I get the stickers printed at a local shop which also cuts it to size by automatic machines. Some I have bought from ebay. Also some patches were also made at a local embroider like the HOG patch which I got duplicated from the original and some patches were bought online from ebay.com. The original patches are very exorbitant and nearly 10 times the cost price which some of my mates bought at the Pushkar HOG ride.

Dheeraj ji, I've been desperately trying to get a small size Bar & Shields sticker done but the printers here in Chennai tell me that stickers less that 4x4 in is not possible as clarity will not be there.

The other issue is with the patch. Have been hunting around for someone who can do such kind of computerised embroidery patch but out of luck. Can you help out?please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazilbadrudeen (Post 3627976)
Can you help out?

I have sourced both things locally at Meerut. And if such a thing can be made in a small city like Meerut surely there must be someone to do it in Chennai. Kindly search more thoroughly. For patches you can also search ebay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3628179)
I have sourced both things locally at Meerut. And if such a thing can be made in a small city like Meerut surely there must be someone to do it in Chennai. Kindly search more thoroughly. For patches you can also search ebay.

Thanks for replying ji. I found one person who does it but is charging exorbitantly. 2 patches of 4x3 in and one of the original size, he quoted INR 6000. That was the reason I requested your help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazilbadrudeen (Post 3628181)
2 patches of 4x3 in and one of the original size, he quoted INR 6000.

That is very exorbitant. I suggest you should download the design you require from the internet and get it printed/computer cut at any good stickering shop. For patches search for some good embroider who should get the patches made. Both the jobs are not more than a few hundred bucks.

That is very exorbitant. I suggest you should download the design you require from the internet and
Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3628425)
get it printed/computer cut at any good stickering shop. For patches search for some good embroider who should get the patches made. Both the jobs are not more than a few hundred bucks.

Yup. That's exactly what I felt too. The problem with the stickers is I've got a few stickers made but I need one which is around 2x2 in to put on my side mount license plate. The guys at the computer cut shops are saying that the resolution will not be there and the wordings wont be clear. Did you manage to get small stickers printed as well?

Patch is the bigger problem for me as I want to have a small patch on the chest in the front. Most of the guys are industrial guys who take only minimum of 50 quantity. One guys who agreed to do the quantity i required charged the equivalent of 1 yrs HOG membership. :Frustrati

I'm happy if someone can point me in the direction where I can get it couriered across the country too as I'm sure it'll still work out cheaper than the only lead I so far have.

Weekend in Bharatpur, Rajasthan (24th-26th January 2015)

A beautiful setting
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-csc_0078.jpg

Ready to Rumble
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-bharatpur-ride-2426th-jan-2015_2.jpg

At the Jewar Toll Plaza
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-bharatpur-ride-2426th-jan-2015_6.jpg

Reached Udai Vilas Palace, Bharatpur
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-bharatpur-ride-2426th-jan-2015_12.jpg

My wife tries her riding skills at Mathura
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-bharatpur-ride-2426th-jan-2015_28.jpg

A nice finale
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-bharatpur-ride-2426th-jan-2015_37.jpg

567 kms round trip
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-bharatpur-ride-2426th-jan-2015_38.jpg

Some quick shots
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-csc_0079.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-csc_0072.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-csc_0066.jpg

The bike is touching 8k kms mark. Time to get it serviced. Maybe I will do it myself over the weekend.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-bharatpur-ride-2426th-jan-2015_39.jpg

Cheers...

In the second picture, is the bike in the rear, a Street Bob with bigger profile front tyres and a 7' headlamp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3632636)
Weekend in Bharatpur, Rajasthan (24th-26th January 2015)

A beautiful setting
Attachment 1333374

Ready to Rumble
Attachment 1333375

At the Jewar Toll Plaza
Attachment 1333376

Reached Udai Vilas Palace, Bharatpur
Attachment 1333377

My wife tries her riding skills at Mathura
Attachment 1333378

A nice finale
Attachment 1333379

567 kms round trip
Attachment 1333380

Some quick shots
Attachment 1333381

Attachment 1333382

Attachment 1333383

The bike is touching 8k kms mark. Time to get it serviced. Maybe I will do it myself over the weekend.
Attachment 1333394

Cheers...

Hello Diraj sir. nice pictures of the ride. Are you riding to IBW this time around? Looking forward to meet you and other fellow Team BHP rider there. Look for #LLB and it would be either me, Shubz or Sreejith there.

Ride Safe!