Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2019, 21:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Big, retro naked / semi-faired bikes from Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMan View Post
Guys bumping up this thread. Honda has been making a lot of noise recently about it's plan for Indian big bike segment. Is there even the remotest possibility of the CB1100 being seen in our showrooms?

I really believe they can sell a few of these here, after all if Triumph can why can not Honda?
Very unlikely in my opinion. The Japanese retro bikes for whatever reasons are being priced at a premium and with the Kawasaki Z900RS already sold at about Rs 15 lakhs++, I doubt the CB1100 will come any cheaper, and that price not sure how many they can sell.

Closer to the Kawi W400 like DNA, if Honda has something up its sleeve(like the bikewale article says), it would be interesting to see the outcome.
Old 16th November 2019, 20:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Very unlikely in my opinion. The Japanese retro bikes for whatever reasons are being priced at a premium and with the Kawasaki Z900RS already sold at about Rs 15 lakhs++, I doubt the CB1100 will come any cheaper, and that price not sure how many they can sell.

Closer to the Kawi W400 like DNA, if Honda has something up its sleeve(like the bikewale article says), it would be interesting to see the outcome.
Thanks for pouring water over the fire Haroon

But I'm not sure if Kawi did a half decent enough job of trying to sell the RS in the first place. The Bonnie 120, Z900 RS and the CB1100 all retail for around 10,000 GBP. Now the Bonnie 120 starts at around 10,00000 INR. If they see volumes I bet they can bring down the prices. I am sure there is a decent market of mature riders who will appreciate these bikes.
BowMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 20:29   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMan View Post
Thanks for pouring water over the fire Haroon

But I'm not sure if Kawi did a half decent enough job of trying to sell the RS in the first place. The Bonnie 120, Z900 RS and the CB1100 all retail for around 10,000 GBP. Now the Bonnie 120 starts at around 10,00000 INR. If they see volumes I bet they can bring down the prices. I am sure there is a decent market of mature riders who will appreciate these bikes.
Man, if that z900RS had been launched at a saner price of around 10 big ones, I know many including some in the forum who would have lapped that bike up.

It’s just unfortunate that The bike is a full CBU import from Japan. I wonder how Honda keeps things tight with the AT itself being imported from Japan just the same.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 21:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Man, if that z900RS had been launched at a saner price of around 10 big ones, I know many including some in the forum who would have lapped that bike up.

It’s just unfortunate that The bike is a full CBU import from Japan. I wonder how Honda keeps things tight with the AT itself being imported from Japan just the same.
Well said - i know a few in my circle would have seriously considered the Z900RS as well.

BTW Africa Twin is CKD and not CBU.
Old 18th November 2019, 09:09   #35
BHPian

I know of folks who have shelled out close to 10 Lakh for 20 year old CB1300s that have been restored but have a clean legal title. The market is definitely there. Us Indians are very conservative in our taste and motorcycles are no exception to this sentiment. If someone brings in a reasonably priced option I do not see why it should not sell well.
Old 1st November 2023, 07:10   #36
BHPian

Hello to all who may still be subscribed to this thread ... and still desiring getting into one of these big bikes.

Considering the Honda CB1300 was introduced in Japan in 1998, the first model year motorcycles are now 25 years old.

Does that make them eligible for import into India under the "vintage" rule by an individual, without all the hassles of importing a new model year ?

The US has such a rule, which enthusiasts make liberal use of : https://helpspanish.cbp.gov/s/articl...language=en_US

One can search for used motorcycles for sale in Japan, that can be exported, at this website :

http://motorcycle.goobike.com/ ... there appear to be 13 model '98 and '99 CB1300 motorcycles for sale at present.

Happy hunting.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
FourWheelDrift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 13:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
Considering the Honda CB1300 was introduced in Japan in 1998, the first model year motorcycles are now 25 years old.

Does that make them eligible for import into India under the "vintage" rule by an individual, without all the hassles of importing a new model year
In India we have no such rules and one can import a motorcycle provided its not older than 3 years.

Only way to bring one is to use it on the track I guess but have heard some older bikes have arrived from US but not sure how the buyer has managed registering them.

Speaking of the CB 1300 a friend shared details of one available with an agent with an asking price of 15L.

Trying to get more info.

Big, retro naked / semi-faired bikes from Honda-52b85d20b37841fbb708b3fa7bcef3ed.jpeg
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks