Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2014, 16:20   #31
BHPian

Re: My 2014 Triumph Bonneville

Congratulations argchoff on the new ride! Looking awesome in that color. Wish you many happy miles on it
TheStig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 11:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Congratulations argchoff on the new ride! Looking awesome in that color. Wish you many happy miles on it
Thanks. Wishing you happy miles for your new Amber whisky aquisition. Ride safe.
Old 27th July 2014, 18:18   #33
BHPian

Congratulations argchoff! The Bonnie looks spectacular in that color.

I am planning to pick up a Street Triple from the Pune dealer, however not really impressed with them based on my few interactions so far. How has your experience been with them through delivery and service? The dealer is also asking for 1L as booking amount, is that the norm for Triumph? Thanks!
Old 28th July 2014, 06:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_v_i View Post
Congratulations argchoff! The Bonnie looks spectacular in that color.

I am planning to pick up a Street Triple from the Pune dealer, however not really impressed with them based on my few interactions so far. How has your experience been with them through delivery and service? The dealer is also asking for 1L as booking amount, is that the norm for Triumph? Thanks!
Thanks. I thought i managed to post a reply yesterday but obviously didnt. As for the dealers - to be quite fair, the delivery time was adhered to, and the bike delivered as promised with the colour of choice.
Whereas harley chaps seemed more enthusiastic i.e, i was offered test rides of sporsters, fatboy and street bob, i was only given a test ride of the base Bonnie when i wanted to compare T100 before deciding. Though i was given 2 test rides of the Bonnie as requested, the T100 test ride was plainly refused claiming there is no difference in T100 and SE whereas we all know that T100 may not handle as well as the SE. Barring that i would say that overall attitude was quite decent.
Service was carried out in a day, i did not stay over at the service centre, so i cannot really comment about before and after service till i get to ride the bike more.
We did go for a dealer organised ride after taking delivery and that was done really well, i must admit.
If you do buy a bike from them make sure you CHECK all paperwork against engine and chassis number on the bike and see that there are no mistakes.
I have yet to receive my RCTC smartcard but already i found out that there are digit ommisions on my bike engine number (1st digit missing), and RTO road tax receipt issued with only my surname and chassis number, i.e. first name missing. Their response to that was it is not a big problem in the road tax receipt to have incomplete name, and that RTO has to be given engine number with 1st digit missing. So i am going to have to cross check this information and sort these issues myself when i return to India. I did post a query on TBHP Triumph launch forum as regards the documents errors to see if other triumph owners have the same digit omissions.
Initially they quoted booking amount as 50K but took 1L during time of booking, citing the reason that a lot of people book and then cancel after few days asking for refund.
I hope you have a good experience hereafter and hope to see you join the Triumph gang soon!
Old 28th July 2014, 15:30   #35
BHPian

Congratulations argchoff. She surely looks sexy in the white and blue combination [which is why my wife picked that color too for my Bonnie]. Really glad to see that you and your wife share the common passion of bike riding...
Old 28th July 2014, 15:33   #36
BHPian

Thanks Sanket. This colour has become quite popular in Pune and i am told that this colour may now no longer be available. Guess we were lucky to get it.
Old 28th July 2014, 16:12   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Whereas harley chaps seemed more enthusiastic i.e, i was offered test rides of sporsters, fatboy and street bob, i was only given a test ride of the base Bonnie when i wanted to compare T100 before deciding.
I had a similar experience with HD folks in Pune. Even though i was not seriously considering HD, did drop by their showroom and they were very prompt with follow-ups and answers to any queries i had.

Triumph folks on the other hand seem quite laid back, taking weeks to get back on even basic queries like pricing and finance. Moreover, they do not have a Street Triple available for a test ride

If the dealer is so disinterested before he has gotten any money out of me, i am skeptical about future interaction after i have made the full payment. Maybe i just expected a premium experience given that i would be shelling out close to a million bucks for the bike. Oh well, given that there not much in the way of choice, probably just take the plunge...
Old 28th July 2014, 16:16   #38
BHPian

Hi Argchoff, Congrats on your new acquisition. Wishing you many miles and years of happy ownership!. Right now i own a Duke 200 and I'm almost at the edge of taking a plunge into the world of super bikes and i am inclined towards the retro bikes instead of sports bikes.

I am torn between the Iron 883 and The Bonneville. Your ownership thread gives me an insightful look into what its like with to live with the Bonnie, and after reading it my mind is more confused than ever before. Hats off to your better half, its always nice to have a partner who is as passionate about bikes as you are. Cheers.
Old 28th July 2014, 16:46   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapeco View Post
I am torn between the Iron 883 and The Bonneville.
Thats a nice dilemma. I too was in exact same one.

Perhaps this thread can give you some insights and help you choose the bike that you desire

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...onneville.html
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 16:58   #40
BHPian

Thanks mobike008. Appreciate all your help in clearing my doubts.

Will definitely read your thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats a nice dilemma. I too was in exact same one.

Perhaps this thread can give you some insights and help you choose the bike that you desire

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...onneville.html
sapeco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 05:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I am torn between the Iron 883 and The Bonneville. Your ownership thread gives me an insightful look into what its like with to live with the Bonnie.
Thanks Sapeco. The standard Bonneville is easily more flickable than the iron 883 and is a blast on twisties.
You may not get to do the same manouevres as you may have been able to do on the duke when you compare with either the bonnie or iron, but for me the bonnie felt perfect for my style of riding.
Finally do a longish test ride of both bikes before deciding.
Old 29th July 2014, 11:20   #42
BHPian

Quite right argchoff!. Its only when you ride any motorcycle you come to know whether it will suit you or not. Whatever the specs on paper maybe, if you dont like the ride you cant put down the money. Goa doesn't have a Triumph dealership so i have not yet gotten a chance to test ride the Bonneville. So i will have to ride either when i go to Mumbai, Pune or Bangalore.I have ridden the 883 and the ride is very stiff. Speed breakers should not be a problem in Goa as there are far and few and those too are not as gigantic as in other cities like Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Thanks Sapeco. The standard Bonneville is easily more flickable than the iron 883 and is a blast on twisties.
You may not get to do the same manouevres as you may have been able to do on the duke when you compare with either the bonnie or iron, but for me the bonnie felt perfect for my style of riding.
Finally do a longish test ride of both bikes before deciding.

Last edited by sapeco : 29th July 2014 at 11:22.
Old 29th July 2014, 11:28   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quite right argchoff!. Its only when you ride any motorcycle you come to know whether it will suit you or not. Whatever the specs on paper maybe, if you dont like the ride you cant put down the money. Goa doesn't have a Triumph dealership so i have not yet gotten a chance to test ride the Bonneville.
I can totally understand your predicament and anguish that you cannot test ride the Bonnie before taking a decision. I would recommend that when you ride a Bonneville in (Mumbai/Pune) please do so with yet another back to back test ride of Iron 883 for ease of comparison which will help you decide your dream bike

Btw, I have an interesting incident to share. When I was taking delivery of my Bonneville in Hyderabad in Feb-2014, there were 3 elderly gentlemen from Goa who came all the way to Hyderabad and picked up 3 Triumph Bonnevilles T100 and rode back to Goa and were taking delivery the same day as mine. So 4 bikes were delivered on that day !!!

If you spot a few T100 (Gold & Cream, Black & Red) in Goa, then these are people who bought it from Hyderabad dealership

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th July 2014 at 11:29.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 11:48   #44
BHPian

mobike008 thanks for the update. Wow! 3 Bonnevilles bought and ridden all the way back to Goa. Thats a scoop. In fact to tell you the truth i am yet to see a single Bonneville in Goa. I'll make sure i keep my eyes peeled. There are plenty of Harleys around. A friend of mine owns an yellow Fat Boy. Infact if you have been to Goa you must have paid a visit to his family owned restaurant 'Martins Corner' situated at Betalbatim, which is a favorite hang out of the Bollywood and Sports celebs when they are in Goa.

Also another interesting point is that the HD in Goa is owned by the same gentleman who owns the Hyderabad HD dealership one Mr.Reddy.

So hopefully a Triumph dealership in Goa shouldn't be that far away. Keeping my fingers crossed on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I can totally understand your predicament and anguish that you cannot test ride the Bonnie before taking a decision. I would recommend that when you ride a Bonneville in (Mumbai/Pune) please do so with yet another back to back test ride of Iron 883 for ease of comparison which will help you decide your dream bike

Btw, I have an interesting incident to share. When I was taking delivery of my Bonneville in Hyderabad in Feb-2014, there were 3 elderly gentlemen from Goa who came all the way to Hyderabad and picked up 3 Triumph Bonnevilles T100 and rode back to Goa and were taking delivery the same day as mine. So 4 bikes were delivered on that day !!!

If you spot a few T100 (Gold & Cream, Black & Red) in Goa, then these are people who bought it from Hyderabad dealership
Old 29th July 2014, 11:59   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
mobike008 thanks for the update. Wow! 3 Bonnevilles bought and ridden all the way back to Goa. Thats a scoop. In fact to tell you the truth i am yet to see a single Bonneville in Goa. I'll make sure i keep my eyes peeled. There are plenty of Harleys around. A friend of mine owns an yellow Fat Boy. Infact if you have been to Goa you must have paid a visit to his family owned restaurant 'Martins Corner' situated at Betalbatim, which is a favorite hang out of the Bollywood and Sports celebs when they are in Goa. .
Infact, I recall the goa guys were featured in Triumph India Facebook with their Bonnevilles. I visit Goa twice a year ( visiting again next month) and Martin's Corner is usually a must visit for us (always hoping we can spot Sachin there)

Argchoff, apologies for going offtopic. I plan to stop here on this subject

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks