Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 12:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Black Beauty - Harley Street 750

Congratulations sreejith! And it was good to catch up with you. You should ride often with us. Ping me your number and I will add you to a Whatsapp group of mine where there are many other Street owners (plus some crazy fun out there)
Old 4th August 2014, 17:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Congratulations sreejith! And it was good to catch up with you. You should ride often with us. Ping me your number and I will add you to a Whatsapp group of mine where there are many other Street owners (plus some crazy fun out there)
Thanks bro. It was great to catch up with you also. I have pinged my number to you.

Will defenitely catch up for the future rides, Hopefully with a bigger bike
sreejith.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 19:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.j View Post
Thanks bro. It was great to catch up with you also. I have pinged my number to you.

Will defenitely catch up for the future rides, Hopefully with a bigger bike
The thought of a big bike is good. but why now? Just when this one is so new on you?
Old 4th August 2014, 19:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
The thought of a big bike is good. but why now? Just when this one is so new on you?
This one is small for my height. Also have a high knee issue with this.

however street is an amazing bike. I still stand by that
sreejith.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 15:03   #20
BHPian

Heartiest congrats to you Sreejith! Shes a beauty, And a beast! Is it safe if i call it "the beauty and the beast"?

And honestly without the cowl, the headlight makes it look like the mighty Iron 883! Wishing you many many happy miles with your baby!
Ride safe and take care of her, shes precious.
Cheers!
Starfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 16:08   #21

Congratulations on the awesome HD Street King Sreejith.. Hope the bike rides great and you guys have a memorable story to share for all of us here at TBP

Cheers!
**r1d3r** is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 20:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am still not sure about changing the tires as I have plans to upgrade the bike soon
-----------------------------------------------
The saree guard............
Congratulations my friend. One of the most awaited ownership thread is up. Hope to see regular updates on how the man-machine relationship is progressing

On the tyre - If you are unhappy with the grip, that should be the 1st thing on your agenda to change. Probably one of the cheapest upgrades and will probably slightly improve the braking as well. Remember, that 1 rupee sized contact patch is what keeps you upright. Bling can and should wait. Just my thoughts on the subject. Aditya is right, I too think Michelins should come in your size

Also, I kinda like the saree guard (a 1st). I think it will be great to just throw on some saddle bags without a worry of them folding inwards towards the rear tyre. Does not look bad at all.

If it were my bike, I would retain it

Quote:
Some crazy fun out there
Do tell na ...... please
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 21:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Aah, see? This is why you need to test ride first!

You selling soon? For how much? What would you be going for?
rjun04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 10:45   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I didnt want to comment earlier but, I did noticed you looked little hunched on your street in one of your pics and bike looks really small for your height and personality.

You mentioned your 6ft. 1in (same as mine) and that should have been the first thing checked before getting the bike

Whats next? Fat Bob?
Old 7th August 2014, 11:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:

before considering an upgrade have you considered forward controls, that should help with your knee issues... otherwise if your mind's already set, then by all means - upgrade away
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 11:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sreejith! Been meaning to congratulate on your new purchase but it seems you are already looking to sell. As mobike said, the dimensions of the street seemed a bit small for a lanky guy like you.

Nevertheless, I like the way your mind is working now. Thunderbird Storm vs Fat Bob. I hope your heart moved towards the latter. The Fatbob has been a dream bike for me. Here's hoping one lands in your garage really soon.
Old 7th August 2014, 12:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Congratulations my friend. One of the most awaited ownership thread is up. Hope to see regular updates on how the man-machine relationship is progressing
Thanks Urban Nomad

Quote:
Also, I kinda like the saree guard (a 1st). I think it will be great to just throw on some saddle bags without a worry of them folding inwards towards the rear tyre. Does not look bad at all.

If it were my bike, I would retain it
I do like the looks of it and Have decided to retain it until she is with me. I had got the viatra saddle bags also for an overnighter trip and this helps.

Quote:
Do tell na ...... please
You really don't wannt to know. Its the dark side of Shubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I didnt want to comment earlier but, I did noticed you looked little hunched on your street in one of your pics and bike looks really small for your height and personality.

You mentioned your 6ft. 1in (same as mine) and that should have been the first thing checked before getting the bike

Whats next? Fat Bob?
I did sit on the bike before buying. But when I sat on the bike for a little while I was comfortable. Moreover even during rides I never felt uncomfortable. The major reason for considering the upgrade is the size of the bike and how it looks when I am riding.

I would love to get a Fat BOB but there are a couple of hurdles before I get there. Vitamin M is a major issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
before considering an upgrade have you considered forward controls, that should help with your knee issues... otherwise if your mind's already set, then by all means - upgrade away
Unfortunately they dont have an option for forward controls on street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Hi Sreejith! Been meaning to congratulate on your new purchase but it seems you are already looking to sell. As mobike said, the dimensions of the street seemed a bit small for a lanky guy like you.

Nevertheless, I like the way your mind is working now. Thunderbird Storm vs Fat Bob. I hope your heart moved towards the latter. The Fatbob has been a dream bike for me. Here's hoping one lands in your garage really soon.
Thanks Fullrevs

It is defenitely small. but I was coming back to biking world after a long time and it was grave mistake and I took an uniformed decision. The booking was almost instantaneous. Never though twice, but I did consider upgrading before taking delivery but the waiting period is what killed the idea.

Storm vs FAT BOB is a interesting debate. I was pretty close to go with the Thunderbird but changed minds mid way and retained the brand loyalty. We never but a Harley with logic but always with a loyalty. But the most interesting part is that I am not going with Fat bob. There were a couple of bummers and i had to decide against it and considering a street bob as its more VFM.

Some of the advantages of Street bob over Fat bob are.

1. Same engine and frame and lower price point.
2. Aftermarket options and customization. Only problem is that you cannot get the fatter Tyre and the dual disc rotors in the front.
3. Lower waiting period.
4. The Ape bars and the classic bobber looks.

Last edited by sreejith.j : 7th August 2014 at 12:17. Reason: added a reply
Old 7th August 2014, 14:01   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But the most interesting part is that I am not going with Fat bob. There were a couple of bummers and i had to decide against it and considering a street bob as its more VFM.

Some of the advantages of Street bob over Fat bob are.

1. Same engine and frame and lower price point.
2. Aftermarket options and customization. Only problem is that you cannot get the fatter Tyre and the dual disc rotors in the front.
3. Lower waiting period.
4. The Ape bars and the classic bobber looks.
Wonderful twist to the story. Your ownership thread is not even "warm" and you are looking to upgrade

I think street bob looks cool but, only bike in Harley line-up I drool over is the "Fat Bob"

Please spend sometime taking detailed test rides and better research before plonking the money for the upgrade bike

We would be really suprised if this story repeats after buying a street bob and we get to know your buying the Indian next

Goodluck on your search.....
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 16:27   #29
BHPian

Sreejith, Congratulations on your bike!

You are the person Harley's marketing team were dreaming about when they brought out the Street bikes!! HD's hopes are that many people who buy the Street will eventually move up to a bigger HD, but not even in their wildest dreams would they have thought someone would be upgrading so soon!! Ok, ok, Just joking

You mention: "Moreover even during rides I never felt uncomfortable." Then, why upgrade? If you are enjoying the bike, please forget how "you look" on the bike. Who cares? You don't strike me as one of those poseurs who buy a Harley just to show off. Most of us would have started on 100cc bikes (or some time back, on little mopeds), usually dwarfing them.

Wouldn't you lose a bucket of money on depreciation? Or not as there is a waiting list? Anyway, good luck!
LTAutoMad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 17:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wonderful twist to the story. Your ownership thread is not even "warm" and you are looking to upgrade

I think street bob looks cool but, only bike in Harley line-up I drool over is the "Fat Bob"

Please spend sometime taking detailed test rides and better research before plonking the money for the upgrade bike

We would be really suprised if this story repeats after buying a street bob and we get to know your buying the Indian next

Goodluck on your search.....
Fat bob is definitely a Bike that even I drool over. But If I am putting in that money I would go with Triumph storm I guess. Even looks wise both have a lot of similarity. But yes you never buy a Harley with logic and once you buy a HD you buy a lifestyle.

If Vitamin M was in abundance I would definitely like to get the Indian scout. It looks amazing and has done away with the heritage factor and got a newer power plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTAutoMad View Post
Sreejith, Congratulations on your bike!

You are the person Harley's marketing team were dreaming about when they brought out the Street bikes!! HD's hopes are that many people who buy the Street will eventually move up to a bigger HD, but not even in their wildest dreams would they have thought someone would be upgrading so soon!! Ok, ok, Just joking

You mention: "Moreover even during rides I never felt uncomfortable." Then, why upgrade? If you are enjoying the bike, please forget how "you look" on the bike. Who cares? You don't strike me as one of those poseurs who buy a Harley just to show off. Most of us would have started on 100cc bikes (or some time back, on little mopeds), usually dwarfing them.

Wouldn't you lose a bucket of money on depreciation? Or not as there is a waiting list? Anyway, good luck!
Thanks LTAutomad. You are right. I am the right target crteria that HD dreamed off. Infact in my interaction with HD India official also I had mentioned that. The street is doing what the Roadsters used to do for HD.

Even though the bike is comfortable for me. I guess the longer I use it with a hunched back I guess I would not do good to it. Also, I even got comments saying I look big on the bike.

Moreover the current waiting period for Street is about 6 months so I hope I wont take too much hit on the depriciation. Only If am able to sell it a good price I would bite the upgrade.

Nevertheless, street is amazing bike.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks