Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2014, 21:06   #31
BANNED

Re: Triumph: Street Triple or Bonneville T100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
CAC444,

I checked with the folks there and I suppose they do not give T100 test ride as instructed by triumph. Their logic is that the engine spec is the same and you will not make out any difference unless it is a long ride. And then do not give long test rides.

By the way the red ST looks very good. My friend took the test ride. My eventual upgrade in my Harley line up was fat Bob or boy. Now eyes are on Tiger. Man what a bike it is and xc800 is less than street Bob.

Anyway most of these are more of a weekend bikes. Why not buy tiger and ride to Leg or wherever.

Cheers. Ride safe!
Thanks for checking, Dust_Harl!

Tiger??? I am 5'7" and weigh 62 kilos I rest my case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It's either a case of utter casual attitude towards a customer or they are highly untrained in products they are selling

Whatever the case, T100 and Bonnie A3/SE ride very very differently !!!
I believe its the latter, Mobike. Actually, I am not very surprised cos, when I took the first (of two) TDs of the SE, I asked the guy what the difference was between the T100 and the SE. I was only told of the cosmetic differences. I had to actually prod the guy to agree with me about the 2" larger front wheel and the ever so slightly longer wheelbase of the T100!
Old 9th August 2014, 23:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC444 View Post
Thanks for checking, Dust_Harl!

Tiger??? I am 5'7" and weigh 62 kilos I rest my case!
I was talking about my plan my friend when I mentioned about Tiger. I was so much impressed with the bike that Harley and related upgrade topic is taking a back seat. To the extent that I was planning on some accessory upgrade as part of the annual Harley sale (with upto 50% discount ) and now I am planning on avoiding that cost and save it for my Tiger. Maybe an year or max two but I am sure that is the next upgrade I would be looking forward for.

My soft corner and true love for Harley may take over my mind as in all love affairs and force me into Harley way. But at this point open for an affair with the Tiger.

Sorry for hijacking your thread and for some off topic update.

Ride Safe.
Old 10th August 2014, 13:38   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I believe its the latter, Mobike. Actually, I am not very surprised cos, when I took the first (of two) TDs of the SE, I asked the guy what the difference was between the T100 and the SE
If thats the case then you have once again 2 options

Take contact info from dealership of any T100 owner in Bangalore and request him to let you ride it

OR

Take the plunge without a test ride
Old 13th August 2014, 15:18   #34
BHPian

Waiting to join the 'Triumph' ant group soon here in Bangalore. I have booked the T100. Can someone provide the absolute set of must have accessories that I can ride out the showroom with? I have asked for the lockable fuel cap and crash guard.

Drive to Meditate.
Old 13th August 2014, 16:07   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live&ride View Post
Can someone provide the absolute set of must have accessories that I can ride out the showroom with? I have asked for the lockable fuel cap and crash guard.
Congratulations on your Bonnie T100

Please add "Skid Plate" to must list of accessories ( though i have personally not added even a single accessory on my Bonnie)

If you would like to make your T100 even prettier, please consider dressing it up with below accessories

1. Windscreen ( looks very pretty on T100)

2. Rectangular (as against the round ones), chromed Rear view mirrors
Old 13th August 2014, 18:29   #36
BANNED

Chaps,

I am "almost" going to book the T100! Mobike008 - am taking the plunge .

I went to Kirthi today and was told the prices are going up by about 6% (~50k for the T100) on Aug 15th!

Now, my plan was to pay the booking amount and then the rest when the bike is received at Keerthi. But, I was told today that in order to be "price protected", I will have to make the full payment before Aug 15th.

Just checking, has anyone else heard about the price hike???

Last edited by aah78 : 13th August 2014 at 21:06. Reason: Post edited.
CAC444 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 18:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Chaps,

I went to Kirthi today and was told the prices are going up by about 6% (~50k for the T100) on Aug 15th!

Now, my plan was to pay the booking amount and then the rest when the bike is received at Keerthi. But, I was told today that in order to be "price protected", I will have to make the full payment before Aug 15th.

congratulations on your purchase decision. Yes, I was also told that a price hike is imminent from Aug 15 and on the SE, that would amount to 40000. All the best with the T100

Last edited by aah78 : 13th August 2014 at 21:06. Reason: Quoted post has been edited.
Old 13th August 2014, 19:09   #38
BHPian

Congrats!

I wish I could be in a dilemma of this kind

Just a word on plunges.I am a "plungy" person.And I must say it hasn't worked in my favour save for a few times.

If you could get a ride on the T-100 wouldn't that reinforce your decision.Informed choices are better especially on matters such as these.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by B O V : 13th August 2014 at 19:11. Reason: Spelling error.
Old 14th August 2014, 09:41   #39
BHPian

Yes CAC444. I heard about it too. Price hikes seem to happen to things when we want to buy them :-(
Old 14th August 2014, 11:19   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. You will not regret your decision and iam sure you will enjoy your T100....Cheers

Btw, do check out the new color options in T100 too before booking yours. I am given to understand that Hyderabad dealership already sold whatever stock they had of new color in Bonnie T100
Old 14th August 2014, 11:57   #41
BANNED

Pick Duke 390 with the remaining amount which you saved by not picking Striple for city madness
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 12:09   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, do check out the new color options in T100 too before booking yours. I am given to understand that Hyderabad dealership already sold whatever stock they had of new color in Bonnie T100
What new color is this? I am planning to go for the White+Gold thing. Plus, checking for availability of the following accessories:
- Free-flow silencers. I didnt want to go for the Arrows ONLY because the aluminium finish does not go well with the glorious chrome of the T100
- Fuel filler cap with lock - cant believe I have to BUY this!
- Skid plate
- Back seat rest (not fully sold on this yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Pick Duke 390 with the remaining amount which you saved by not picking Striple for city madness
My cousin has a Duke 390 and its an awesome city bike.

However, with the Jawa 350cc twin already at home, I don't think I will be allowed to stay at home any longer if I bring in a 3rd bike

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th September 2014 at 12:42. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 14th August 2014, 18:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, with the Jawa 350cc twin already at home, I don't think I will be allowed to stay at home any longer if I bring in a 3rd bike
Praveen, Congratulations !!!.

I am starting the que to Jawa Twin when you get your KTM (wishful thinking), it will go very well with RD 350 and AJS 500 Twin.

Include back "grab rail" the one without the sissy bar. It would be useful. More than anything what you have mentioned, my choice would be Centre Stand - ease of cleaning, lubing the chain etc.

Regarding colour, if you wamt to camouflage your bike you can see if this is being offered in India

Triumph: Street Triple or Bonneville T100?-t100-black-gold-pin.jpg

Think about it you can park it anywhere and no one will even look at it thinking its a Bullet

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 14th August 2014 at 18:41.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 21:39   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Chaps,

CAC, Have you bought the bike yet?
The price hike did happen last week and was around 3% for the triple. Someone has posted the updated prices on another thread.

TBHPians
Is there anyone who has gone from riding a bullet to a Triple or R15 kind of stance? Does a week in the saddle take care of the aching palms?
The first time i did not lean too much and nearly flew off while accelerating in first

Happy Riding!
Old 8th September 2014, 12:49   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
TBHPians
Is there anyone who has gone from riding a bullet to a Triple or R15 kind of stance? Does a week in the saddle take care of the aching palms?
The first time i did not lean too much and nearly flew off while accelerating in first
Not a bullet but an RD 350 to Street. Street has a slight lean, definitely not R15 territory.

But yes, slight lean is there but you will get used to it pretty quickly, also you need to moved the handle bar one notch closer to body from stock and should make a big difference. I think hifisharu has already made this change to his bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
A lil late with the reply, but hopefully, informative

On our recent ride to Pondi, for the first time we were in the saddle for around 5-6 hrs and generally more than hour at a stretch. By the third day, the fatigue set in and I was starting to feel uncomfortable. Whenever I braked, I could feel more weight from the pillion than before. Some pondering led me to think that if I could sit a bit more upright, I would be able to support the pillion's weight better.

It was then that I noticed, that the handle bar was angled a bit away from me. Before trying out any risers, all I did was rotate the handle bar, so that the handle was angled more towards me. And voila!, it made a huge difference. While earlier I was slightly sitting in a 'grabbing for the bars' position, now I was seated more upright, and the handle seemed to fall to my hands more easily. This also benefited in better control while taking 'U' turns, as now I don't have to stretch my outward arm all the way.

If you are inclined more towards the Striple, do try this, it takes all of 5 min to rotate the handle bar. If that doesn't help, you can always supplement with the risers. This is a common problem on Striple forums, as the factory config might be for taller riders.
My logic for going for Street was more due to the fact that it offers a better engine which is water cooled, has better equipment including the ABS, those Corsa rubber and few electronic gizmo's including an RPM meter. Ofcourse much easier to move around in city traffic and if the itch is there get into track also.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th September 2014 at 12:51.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks