Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2015, 15:35   #631
BHPian

Re: Triumph India: Sold Bikes in India with fake performance figures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Abhijeet shares the following information. Is the exhaust being replaced for everyone?
As usual miscommunication and misleading statements triumph whenever Triumph Motorcycles screws up which is becoming monotonously regular.

I had called up the Delhi dealership and they simply refused that there is any recall. And its quite clear there is!
Old 26th April 2015, 19:17   #632
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
I know. Speed 97 is not even available in Pune ..
It is available at 2 places, near RTO Pune and also near NT Wadi.
I have personally filled up my bike tank with 97 OCTANE at the COCO dump near RTO on many occasions.
The bike power delivery suddenly improves to an appreciable extent.
Old 26th April 2015, 22:09   #633
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
It is available at 2 places, near RTO Pune and also near NT Wadi.
I have personally filled up my bike tank with 97 OCTANE at the COCO dump near RTO on many occasions.
The bike power delivery suddenly improves to an appreciable extent.
I keep hearing these conflicting reports. When was the last time you filled up there? I guess the only option is go there check it out again.
Old 6th July 2015, 16:24   #634
Senior - BHPian

Any updates to this issue? Is any price reduction expected on the Street Triple? Dealer still quoting 9.12L OTR Chennai.
Old 6th July 2015, 17:12   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Any updates to this issue? Is any price reduction expected on the Street Triple? Dealer still quoting 9.12L OTR Chennai.
As far as I know there were never any price reductions on the table. The affected initial lot of owners were covertly compensated. Now ST is what it is , a 79 PS motorcyle. Triumph says, buy it or .. dont.
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 16:37   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know there were never any price reductions on the table. The affected initial lot of owners were covertly compensated. Now ST is what it is , a 79 PS motorcyle. Triumph says, buy it or .. dont.
There is not price drop or so. Its is a 79PS bike but it did feel like a 100PS Isnt it enough for one to understand how good it is?

Look out for used one if you find a new one costly.
Old 8th July 2015, 16:56   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
There is not price drop or so. Its is a 79PS bike but it did feel like a 100PS Isnt it enough for one to understand how good it is?

Look out for used one if you find a new one costly.
Not sure I understand, you are saying a 79PS bike is as good as 100 PS bike, because you felt like it was a 100 PS bike?

I rode the ST way before the fiasco, and even then it felt under-powered to me. I rode the Daytona and ST back to back and the difference in the power delivery between the two was very noticeable.
Old 8th July 2015, 17:11   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure I understand, you are saying a 79PS bike is as good as 100 PS bike, because you felt like it was a 100 PS bike?

I rode the ST way before the fiasco, and even then it felt under-powered to me. I rode the Daytona and ST back to back and the difference in the power delivery between the two was very noticeable.
Yes, 20bhp difference is huge but that bike is good as it is. That's all.
Daytona and ST are different in many ways. ST would be more practical for most riders too.
Old 8th July 2015, 22:22   #639
BHPian

AFAIK, dayatona and ST mapping are quite different (roadster vs super-sport). its a definite no-no comparison. ST feels that fast probably due to its light weight and good balanced chasis. anyways IMO price is not justified for ST in Indian market considering its not the european spec model.
Old 9th July 2015, 06:22   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
AFAIK, dayatona and ST mapping are quite different (roadster vs super-sport). its a definite no-no comparison. ST feels that fast probably due to its light weight and good balanced chasis. anyways IMO price is not justified for ST in Indian market considering its not the european spec model.
Actually, thats what I said. I felt the Daytona was much much faster and had power throughout the rev range as compared to the ST. And also Daytona is not your typical supersport, it is quite meaty down low.
Old 27th July 2015, 18:09   #641
BHPian

Hey guys, my friend recently bought a Street Triple, knowing full well it was detuned. Could anyone please state the series of steps to follow to unleash the full 109PS?
Old 28th July 2015, 22:10   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
Hey guys, my friend recently bought a Street Triple, knowing full well it was detuned. Could anyone please state the series of steps to follow to unleash the full 109PS?
You need to remove the restricting "plugs" in the airbox ( breaking the plastic plates , this is not reversible ) , and fit an Arrow slip on, with remap. There are other changes I haven't been able to get hold of, probably in the header pipes being narrower than the EU spec. All this will still not get you the stock 106PS of the Street Triple, but is estimated to get the power back in high 90s, maybe low 100s.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 10:52   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
From what i heard, the brochures were on the Parent company but the bikes were coming from Thailand. That is why the misunderstanding of the figures, it was rectified. The Ecu remap and exhaust would probably get one a bit closer to 109, but over that..no chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
You need to remove the restricting "plugs" in the airbox ( breaking the plastic plates , this is not reversible ) , and fit an Arrow slip on, with remap. There are other changes I haven't been able to get hold of, probably in the header pipes being narrower than the EU spec. All this will still not get you the stock 106PS of the Street Triple, but is estimated to get the power back in high 90s, maybe low 100s.
Why does one have to do it at home, when the dealership does it for customers?
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 21:16   #644
BHPian

@speedy : yes, that is what I meant. "You have to de-restrict the airbox" doesn't literally mean he, the reader himself has to do it. I assume you weren't being cheeky !
Old 30th July 2015, 00:26   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
From what i heard, the brochures were on the Parent company but the bikes were coming from Thailand. That is why the misunderstanding of the figures, it was rectified. The Ecu remap and exhaust would probably get one a bit closer to 109, but over that..no chance.

Why does one have to do it at home, when the dealership does it for customers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Thank you guys. Much appreciated. Will pass this along to my friend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks