Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2015, 20:08   #31
BHPian

Re: Triumph Tiger 800 XRx, XCx launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerameti View Post
Hello Dr Mohan,

Regarding sump and engine guard, I think that the XRx comes fitted with these, let me know if I am wrong.
Hi Veera,

The XRx does not come with a sump guard, crash guard and radiator guard as standard. No beak mudguard either. These are all optional add on. What is does get as standard are those lovely comfort gel seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
Took delivery of my XRX today amidst lot of enthusiasm.
I took delivery of the vehicle.
After driving for 10 kms the indicator started showing a "Battery Low " status.
Congratulations on taking delivery. Wish you many happy miles on the Tiger. Hope they sort out the electronic gremlins. You may want to check tiger800 UK forums as they seem to indiacate its a TPMS issue. But you are running the bike stock. Also, a new healthy battery should be putting out somewhere near 13 volts. 12 volts on the meter means its practically dead. Sorry.

Please follow this link and look at the chart. It might help alleviate your anxiety.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/maintenance/battery.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you again with your experience.
BuBooMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 08:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBooMan View Post
]

Looking forward to hearing from you again with your experience.
Thanks Bubooman:
After my bike was taken back to the service centre, I was periodically kept informed about the progress.
A properly charged battery was installed, yet on running the vehicle the 'bat lo' sign kept appearing.
The problem was in the 'charge couple connector wire' which apparently was loose.
The bike was kept running for an hour (imagine the heat it must have created ) and then run for 10 kms. Everything was fine.
The bike was dropped at my residence.
After that I rode it for another 30 km.
No alarms to alarm me.
After I came back home, everything about the RTO, alarms etc was forgotten.
The sweet triple motor music and the ride was worth all the trouble.
P:S: PDI (Pre-delivery inspection)??? What is that?

Last edited by mohan : 30th April 2015 at 08:40.
Old 30th April 2015, 11:17   #33
BHPian

Doc Mohan! Congrats!
Now that the gremlins are sorted, May we have more pics of your Tiger (tigress?)
Wishing you unlimited safe and happy miles on the beauty.

Cheers!
Kapil
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 11:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mohan and Veera for your acquisition. Tiger's seem to be practical motorcycle for our road conditions. Cheers and ride safe.
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 12:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bubooman:
After my bike was taken back to the service centre, I was periodically kept informed about the progress.

P:S: PDI (Pre-delivery inspection)??? What is that?
Dear Dr. Mohan,

I am glad to hear that the dealer handled the situation positively and proactively.

Too bad they missed it during PDI.

Triple music indeed! Enjoy!

Please check PM.
Old 30th April 2015, 14:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem was in the 'charge couple connector wire' which apparently was loose.
Am really surprised as to how such a minor niggle took them so long?
A simple connection to the voltmeter should have been sufficient to know the charging capability.

Nevertheless all's well that ends well.

Happy for you and looking forward to seeing your thread soon.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 07:05   #37
BANNED

Quote:
The bike was kept running for an hour (imagine the heat it must have created ) and then run for 10 kms. Everything was fine.
Hi there. Congrats on your new bike.

Really surprised to hear about your PDI issues. This seems to be a major problem with a lot of Superbikes in India. We had a new BMW come with a loose oil filter leaking oil, an HD with misaligned drivebelt, etc.

There does not seem to be a proper PDI checklist that showrooms are using and they are doing just the bare minimum of fitting ancillaries and topping fluids.

Also appalled to hear that they let a brand new engine idle for an hour!! I would NOT recommend that. What was gained from the exercise? A loose wire is a loose wire. What did it have to do with running the engine for so long? They should have charged the battery on a charger instead.

I do wish that you have a long and peaceful ownership experience with your bike.

I also recommend superbike owners to be a little more proactive in their PDI. Showroom technicians are not that experienced yet, and don't let your bike be their training school.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Old 1st May 2015, 08:11   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
PD Showroom technicians are not that experienced yet, and don't let your bike be their training school.
Ride Safe.
Thanks gthang!
The problem of PDI related issues have been faced by many, across a wide platform of vehicles and brands.
The CKD vehicles face it most.
The reasons cited by some experts are :
  1. Poor availibility of trained technical staff in India.
  2. Lack of proper protocols and documentation
  3. Indian work culture, the 'chalta hai' attitude and lack of perfection ism.
  4. The Indian Super-bike segment is still in its infancy. A gradual progressive built-up is likely.
5. Unavoidable Machine and Human error.

Although there was this issue, the positive side was a completely pro-active service team response.
They kept me informed at all stages, were very transparent about the causes of malfunction, and home delivered the bike ( 150 km from the service centre). That itself was a 'confidence building' exercise which succeeded.

RTO registration was a breeze, although some people from Kolhapur faced some technical issues .
Always be sure that any superbike purchased should have a maximum insurance cover of no more than 95% of the invoice value.
If the insurance Value of the vehicle is more ,your bike would be declared as 'under-invoiced' by the RTO .
A further tax of 0.9 % would be levied as fine.
Any bike less than 10 lakh has a 7% Road tax and above the 10 lakh bracket would be taxed at 8 %.

Last edited by mohan : 1st May 2015 at 08:17.
mohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 22:23   #39
BHPian

Hello everybody, anybody here from Delhi or Kolkata that have bought an Xcx? Where I live I'll have to travel to either of these two dealers if I want to buy a Tiger. I'll probably call them to find out, traveling to both places in a few weeks so will be visiting the respective dealers as well, but thought I'd try my luck asking here as well. How long does the average wait time seem to be for you new/potential owners? Also, does one color seem more readily available than the others? I'll probably be fine with any colors, but given a choice I'm liking that caspian blue. Finally, how easily are the accessories available? I'm thinking seat-lowering kit, fog lights, Arrow exhaust, handle guards, grip warmers, panniers, engine guards - did I leave anything out? Apologize for all these questions and thank you very much!
Old 7th May 2015, 19:31   #40
BHPian

To all 2015 Tiger 800 owners out there, please post pics and ownership experiences. Thank You.
Old 1st June 2015, 12:54   #41
BHPian

Got my XCX on Thursday! What an amazing machine! Now putting on careful miles till break in period goes. Have already adjusted the suspension to my liking. Was a total breeze.

Dealer experience was a breeze. But not all accessories are ready off the shelf.
Triumph riding gear is good quality and decently priced.

Will post a separate ownership thread soon after completing break in. I've just covered 200km till now.
Old 1st June 2015, 15:08   #42
BHPian

Dear BuBoo,

Congrats on getting the Tiger, what colour did you choose ?
Hope you have many memorable journeys with the Tiger.

At my end I have been terribly tied down with changing residence on urgent basis, and not been able to ride out as much as I like stuck to commuting to office only, hope you fare better.

Let us see who amongst us three (calling out to Dr. Mohan) puts up the ownership first.

Regards,
Veera
Old 21st June 2015, 13:12   #43
BHPian

First service done. They did a satisfactory job. yet to cross 1000km, so still in run in period. Took the bike to an adventure off road training camp. Lots of things to learn, came away bruised, broken, poorer, but a lot more confident on the bike. So much fun! The experience was priceless!

Issues : handle seems a little off after a few drops at the training camp. SSC guys tried but couldnt get it right. Maybe its all in my head. Clutch lever bent and new one on order. Not available off the shelf.
I am pretty sure now that the bike is too top heavy and tall for me. Trying to source lowering links from the UK.

Accesories : Barkbusters are a MUST for anyone attempting even mild offroading. No more fear of broken levers/fingers. A good crash guard also necessary. Going for a SW Motech guard and Barkbuster Storms. Lowering links will do wonders to your confidence. Get those. Still on the fence regarding arrow exhaust.

Overall, this is the best bike for the money and conditions we encounter every day. Big Up
Old 21st June 2015, 22:13   #44
BHPian

A friend of mine bought a XRX and has had handling issues right from day 1 .

The bike has been leaning to the right(markedly) and has been "rectified" thrice since its purchase .......... the problem still persists.

Nearly 400kms of the 500km on odo is now ridden by the dealer staff. Leaving the leaning issue,he's concerned on the run-in of the engine too now.

Sad affairs for how things are on handled for a brand new bike costing over a million Rupees frankly.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 08:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBooMan View Post
Took the bike to an adventure off road training camp. Lots of things to learn, came away bruised, broken, poorer, but a lot more confident on the bike. So much fun! The experience was priceless!

Overall, this is the best bike for the money and conditions we encounter every day. Big Up

Can you please tell more about this adventure training camp? I would be interested in knowing and if time/place/price permit would like to do that.

800 is the right size in all respect, the weight handling and engine is a good and inspire you to take it every where.

-Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks