Team-BHP - Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/163422-godzilla-my-monster-japan-kawasaki-z800-now-sold-9.html)

Nice one Dominator! I like the black radiator guard. The chrome one gives a bling bling look which looks out of place on the Z. And that's what I got :Frustrati

Mine has the Z and 800 written below it. It's a stainless steel one. I was supposed to fit all the stuff today but its been raining the whole week and Godzilla is comfortably sleeping underground. Anyways that gives me more time to figure out some innovative stuff on the seat cowl.

And by the way, congrats on your Z. Please do post more pics and a review too.

Thanks V12. I was very,very lucky to have got delivery in 8 days and that too a green, which was next to impossible. Couldn't mull and wait any longer, especially after parting with my CBR F4 and with no news on CB650 F, the suspense still continues on the launch date and more importantly the price. I think the Z800 ticks all the right boxes which makes sense for anyone wanting to ride. To me, it fits the Superbike bill to T, unless one is riding on the track 24/7, which none of us do. My only apprehension was the weight and it disappeared the day i took the test ride. Still 70 kms on the odo, no revs above 4000 and the tires and brakes being bedded in. Will put in a more comprehensive review after clocking the odo in 4 digits. For the time being, only crash guards and radiator guard adorned. Akra titanium being delivered this week and what will only remain is a good pair of rear view mirrors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominator (Post 3737861)
I think the Z800 ticks all the right boxes which makes sense for anyone wanting to ride. To me, it fits the Superbike bill to T, unless one is riding on the track 24/7, which none of us do. My only apprehension was the weight and it disappeared the day i took the test ride. Still 70 kms on the odo, no revs above 4000 and the tires and brakes being bedded in. Will put in a more comprehensive review after clocking the odo in 4 digits. For the time being, only crash guards and radiator guard adorned. Akra titanium being delivered this week and what will only remain is a good pair of rear view mirrors.

Congratulations :)

Love those pictures of her coming out of the box. Another green one.
As you have put so correctly, the bike ticks almost all boxes that we would need from a superbike here. The engine is the USP though, with its unbelievable smoothness.

Cheers to many miles on her. clap:

You made my day Dominator! I always wanted to see my Z in the crate when it arrived here. But never got a chance even after multiple requests to the dealer.

And yes, you are very very..very (I added another one) lucky to get ur Z within 8 days. What brand frame sliders are those? R&G? And the Akra's - do you plan to install them immediately or post the first service? What did the dealer say about the warranty?

I agree with you on the weight - it does look a bit heavy at standstill..well it is also. But on the go it seems to shed a lot of its weight and does feel very nimble. That's what I realised too after the first ride. It does get painful when u have to drag-park it. But otherwise not an issue at all.

Sojo - Agree with you. I have seen pics of your Z being taken to places where I wouldn't even dare to. It would be a living nightmare to see my Z being taken "off-road". Good to see you enjoying the Z to the max...someday I might muster up courage and do the same. For now, Godzilla is hibernating :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3738063)
Sojo - Agree with you. I have seen pics of your Z being taken to places where I wouldn't even dare to. It would be a living nightmare to see my Z being taken "off-road". Good to see you enjoying the Z to the max...someday I might muster up courage and do the same. For now, Godzilla is hibernating :)

Yes. I have slowly but surely tried to traverse lanscapes of different types. The one in the lake was pretty nerve wrecking though and I would want to avoid such incidents instead of the fun I had just after we could pull ourselves out of that mess.

Other roads in bad conditions have been utter joy, unexpectedly. Very little of the broken roads passed on to my spine and hands.

I have a good daily, slight, off roading practice when I commute to office, thanks to BBMP :uncontrol

I hope you have an insulator under the side stand as you are not using her, thanks to the monsoon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3738063)
You made my day Dominator! I always wanted to see my Z in the crate when it arrived here. But never got a chance even after multiple requests to the dealer.

And yes, you are very very..very (I added another one) lucky to get ur Z within 8 days. What brand frame sliders are those? R&G? And the Akra's - do you plan to install them immediately or post the first service? What did the dealer say about the warranty?

I agree with you on the weight - it does look a bit heavy at standstill..well it is also. But on the go it seems to shed a lot of its weight and does feel very nimble. That's what I realised too after the first ride. It does get painful when u have to drag-park it. But otherwise not an issue at all.

The crash protectors are unbranded, but superb quality supplied by Zubin Ponappa along with the radiator guard. Will install the Akra after it is delivered this week, it is a bolt on slip on and I intend running the baffles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojogator (Post 3738201)

I hope you have an insulator under the side stand as you are not using her, thanks to the monsoon.

Hey Sojo, are these rubber mounts on the side stand you are referring to? Or some other mounts? What is the use of the insulators?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominator (Post 3738343)
The crash protectors are unbranded, but superb quality supplied by Zubin Ponappa along with the radiator guard. Will install the Akra after it is delivered this week, it is a bolt on slip on and I intend running the baffles.

Same here...I too have ordered for some unbranded but good quality frame sliders from the US. Are both the protectors of the same size or is one longer than the other? Also, did you have to lift the tank to have the radiator guards?

Too many questions I know :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominator (Post 3738343)
The crash protectors are unbranded, but superb quality supplied by Zubin Ponappa along with the radiator guard.

Who is this person?
Is this the guy who owns a er6n? How much did you pay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3738365)
Hey Sojo, are these rubber mounts on the side stand you are referring to? Or some other mounts? What is the use of the insulators?

Also, did you have to lift the tank to have the radiator guards?

You should ideally insulate all ends when storing the bike. Check the manual for more details about storing. You could even use an old and dry slipper . Ideally keep the battery away.

You don't have to lift the tank to attach radiator guard.

Awesome pics of your bike getting unveiled..Its a very special moment for first time superbike owners (CBU route). Cheers man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojogator (Post 3738406)
Who is this person?
Is this the guy who owns a er6n? How much did you pay?

You should ideally insulate all ends when storing the bike. Check the manual for more details about storing. You could even use an old and dry slipper . Ideally keep the battery away.

You don't have to lift the tank to attach radiator guard.

Zubin Ponappa is one of the reputed superbike mechs / superbike dealer in Mumbai.

Thanks for the explanation Sojo. I think I need to go through the manual properly. You won't believe I haven't opened the manual yet. Anyways I don't plan to store away the bike completely. Will be using it when the sun is out :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3738512)
Zubin Ponappa is one of the reputed superbike mechs / superbike dealer in Mumbai.

Thanks for the explanation Sojo. I think I need to go through the manual properly. You won't believe I haven't opened the manual yet. Anyways I don't plan to store away the bike completely. Will be using it when the sun is out :)

Ok. Cool. I was asking because, it looks to me like, the frame sliders are chinese ones that are available at Aliexpress. I am pretty sure that is where these have been taken from.

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesal...0+frame+slider

Ah. Then that is great :) Yeah. Reading the book is a pain. I have a pdf version downloaded. I use the search function and use it when I need it.

I toohave a feeling that athose are Chinese ones. The frame sliders which my friend has got were locally available in US. Not sure what brand but will check them out.

Finally I got to fit the seat cowl on the bike. It's a black seat cowl with black rubber cushioning. One of the rubber mounts was missing so the cowl is a bit shaky. The black cowl does match the rest of the bike because its a gloss black and so is the paint on the Z800. But I wanted something on the bike to match with the matt green. So I got a piece of green rexine seat cover and had a seat guy wrap it on the black cushion. It looked damn near - looked like an OE item seriously. However the color on the rexine cover was no where close to the Kawasaki Green. So the hunt is on for a similar colored rexine cover. If I don't get one, I might go in for a black seat cover. And later on paint the cowl matt green.

Here are some pics :
The seat cowl. The rubber quality wasn't upto the mark though.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150618_160630.jpg

The cowl fitted on the bike.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150619_024955.jpg

Comparing the mounting of the seat cowl and the original seat.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150619_025110.jpg

The parrot (popat) green rexin cover
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150622_190156.jpg

The seat guy wrapping the rubber cushion with the rexine cover
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150622_195205.jpg

The final product
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150622_203625.jpg

"Popat" ban gaya. The color doesn't match at all. Back to the drawing board.
Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!-img_20150622_221934.jpg

@v12 Congrats on modding her. The cowl looks neat. I remember you procured them from webbike japan if I am not wrong. The rubber however looks scuffed and out of place. The wrapping job has been done very well but the color is sticking out too much and feels out of place IMO. You could probably got with a black cover till you find an exact match which would be very difficult since none but Kawasaki knows the colour codes !!!

You could post a few more photos of the entire bike (from front side and back with the entire Godzilla in frame ). The overall looks can be more understood that way.

Ya the color is a total mismatch. Perfect for the Weird and Whacky thread :) Anyways here is a side view of Godzilla with the seat cowl. Will get it covered black for now till I get a perfect match. Am also looking to paint the cowl in the matt green color once am bored of black :)

Accessory Update : OK finally got a big stainless steel logo fitted on the Z just in front of the radiator. I thought it was a full stainless steel one, but when i opened it i realised the mesh is black and only the surrounds and the logo are in the steel finish. The guard is of good quality and fits perfectly - but again nothing beats the perfection and the quality of the Evotech guards.

Coming soon - Tank Pads and Frame Sliders.