Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 23:08   #16
BHPian

Have been a long time admirer of this beast. Glad to hear this news.

Hope the successor continues this legacy. Other manufacturers should learn from Suzuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Have covered over 30,000 kms on this thing. Have a 2011 Gen 2 but also had a 05 Gen 1 prior to that.
Hi,

How reliable did the Busa turn out to be? Can you also shed some light on maintenance costs? Have been meaning to ask an owner about these things.

Also, how does it tolerate city traffic? The reason I ask this is because almost everyday I spot 2-3 Hayabusas in my locality zooming past the traffic. Traffic conditions here are nothing to write home about.

Thanks in advance.

Neel
Old 9th March 2016, 23:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh

The bike has been very reliable. Just like any other well oiled Japanese machine.
Maintenance will depend upon the fact if you do your own service or head to a service center.
I do my own service and maintenance. On a normal service every 4000 kms you will go through oil change ( Rs 4500 motul 300v) , oil filter ( rs 1000 ) and air filter clean.
The dealer charges around 4000 as labor charges I think. I am not sure though since I haven't been to once since I got my bike.

On average you shall go through 2 rear and 1 front tyre. Costs between 20,000 to 30,000 a pair depending upon source and brand.

In the long run the expense would include pads , fork seals , chains , sprockets etc.

The biggest expense of course would be fuel. Speed 97 which I recommend is expensive and availability is an issue. Monthly fuel bills can touch 10,000. But then again this entirely depends upon how much you ride.

It can be intimidating for first timers in traffic due to its sheer bulk. But all it takes is practice, respect of the machine and a level head and things fall in place.

Last edited by bigron : 9th March 2016 at 23:59.
bigron is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 12:19   #18
BHPian

The bike is only available in Chennai and Bangalore as per the Suzuki India website. Regular maintenance at ASS is going to be a pain for customers outside Chennai and Bangalore.

Kawasaki has recently opened shop in Cochin and to think that you could get the mighty Busa for almost the price of a Versys 1000 is really mouth watering!

By the way, what does one do if 97 octane petrol is not available? Can Octane boosters be added?

Monthly fuel bills of 10000? May I ask, what's your average running per month?

Last edited by gopzdoc : 10th March 2016 at 12:24. Reason: addition of matter
Old 10th March 2016, 12:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Avoid octane boosters. Eventually they will start clogging the injectors.
Run regular fuel from a good pump if speed is not available. The engine though will run slightly coarser, more audible with increased vibes.
I have had months where I have crossed over 2000 kms and I have had months where I have covered 50 kms.

Last edited by bigron : 10th March 2016 at 12:44.
Old 10th March 2016, 15:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
a level head and things fall in place.
Big ron! you nasty man, you have made me "dream" about the busa again.
I think it is subjective, but i absolutely love the busa's unconventional, non edgy looks.
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 15:14   #21
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Sorry for sounding negative, but hear me out.

An affordable superbike is the last thing that I need to see in India. Those things are absolutely deadly (and even fatal) in inexperienced & immature hands, especially in our country where overall road-sense, discipline as well as road conditions are pathetic.

A separate riding/driving licence for superbikes and supercars can possibly ensure that these powerful machines are handled responsibly as they become more easily available to the upwardly mobile Indians with continuously increasing disposable incomes.

Last edited by SDP : 10th March 2016 at 15:16.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 18:37   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Those things are absolutely deadly (and even fatal) in inexperienced & immature hands
You don't need a Superbike to have a fatal crash, a CD100 would do just fine. Why blame a motorcycle when it does nothing wrong? Its the nut sitting on it which is the problem.

Why do most people only see how quick Superbikes go from 0 to 100 kmph, and not the other way around. Do you realize how much more exponentially stable a Superbike would be over an overshot pothole compared to say a Karizma? Riding / driving anything on public road requires the same skill set, the greatest skill being reminding yourself that its a public road and not a race track.

We can sit back and blame the machines that do nothing wrong, fact is that we lack road discipline. Motorists turning right coming from the third lane, cabbies swerving from the fast lane to a halt in the extreme left lane, etc. and this is exactly what we need to work on, the basic training!
manson is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 19:54   #23
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
You don't need a Superbike to have a fatal crash, a CD100 would do just fine. Why blame a motorcycle when it does nothing wrong? Its the nut sitting on it which is the problem.

Why do most people only see how quick Superbikes go from 0 to 100 kmph, and not the other way around. Do you realize how much more exponentially stable a Superbike would be over an overshot pothole compared to say a Karizma? Riding / driving anything on public road requires the same skill set, the greatest skill being reminding yourself that its a public road and not a race track.

We can sit back and blame the machines that do nothing wrong, fact is that we lack road discipline. Motorists turning right coming from the third lane, cabbies swerving from the fast lane to a halt in the extreme left lane, etc. and this is exactly what we need to work on, the basic training!
I believe my post has been read/perceived in exactly the opposite way I intended.

I am in no way blaming the superbikes for any accidents/crashes/deaths that might have happened. We all know that superbikes don't drive themselves. All I was saying was, bigger and more powerful machines need that much better and mature riders/drivers with significantly more skill, control and restrain than the average Joes that we see around criscrossing across lanes. "Poor skills/restrain + a superbike" is a recipe for an accident. With superbikes becoming more VFM, more average Joes would be able to get their hands around them and that is a thought that scares me.

Hope that clarifies. Sorry if my views offended anyone here.

Last edited by SDP : 10th March 2016 at 19:55.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 20:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With superbikes becoming more VFM, more average Joes would be able to get their hands around them and that is a thought that scares me.
VFM is different to affordability. 15L is not affordable. If its affordable then VFM is out of question. I think its not a question of affordability or VFM. Skillwise, everything requires a learning curve. From riding a cycle to motorcycle to geared fast bikes. And people learn these skills. As much as a 1L is dangerous so is a CD100 riding at 60kmph.

Science wont cheat at this speed where momentum is far higher and an abrupt fall or a stop does enough damage like any superbike would do. Can this land in a novice hands and cause a nuisance or fatality. Absolutely yes. Take for example. Azar's son. But the data will prove that more lives are lost on a CD 100 compared to a super bike.

A bike is a moving machine and anything that moves and carries a human being is equally dangerous. And even the 40BHP KTM 390 is called the death rider in my friends circle for thats the VFM and affordable bracket bike that gets into hands of inexperience riders.

There is a reason why people advice taking it slowly from standard bikes to a 300, 600 and a litre bike. And there are few who knows machine and man limitation and if you give them the litre bike they will still take a few weeks before even pushing for its pleasures.

Point is VFM is not the reasons why these bikes will be dangerous. These bikes are dangerous even if they are not VFM even in skilled hands simply because our country roads are not ready to accommodate such bikes. We have gracing cattles, walking death in highways and what not. Controlling at those speeds with such unpredictability is always dangerous.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 21:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

@VW2010 - So what you trying to say is that our roads are a problem. Not the machine or the bloke on it ?
I am having a hard time understanding your post with words like 'gracing' cattle, VFM, affordability and momentum. May be you can enlighten us with what exactly is being said by you.

Last edited by bigron : 10th March 2016 at 21:06.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 22:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
VFM is different to affordability. 15L is not affordable. If its affordable then VFM is out of question. I think its not a question of affordability or VFM. Skillwise, everything requires a learning curve. From riding a cycle to motorcycle to geared fast bikes. And people learn these skills. As much as a 1L is dangerous so is a CD100 riding at 60kmph.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Indians might be ready to accept the superbikes with increased earnings and affordability. But Indian roads aren't even remotely ready to enjoy such superbikes. Once in a while, these bikes might hit the true speed and thrills on our roads, otherwise it will be mostly a showcase piece (just attract attention).

Last edited by manson : 23rd September 2016 at 20:34. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 11th March 2016, 08:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

@harishpr - Are you speaking from experience or speculation?
My group and I ride. On an average we all have covered over 30,000 kms on our respective bikes.
We have done high speed country runs, twisties. track days hell even some off roading.
All in India.
And I can clearly say that more often than not the roads were up to it. I am talking about half a country here.
Also like manson said, its the bloke on the machine thats dangerous.Not the bike not the road.
bigron is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 08:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen, we are going off topic over here. And besides that, with a 2.5 lac drop in price it does become slightly affordable, but the masses still cannot afford to buy a superbike in our country.

This is a move a lot of biking enthusiast like me were hoping for and Suzuki has taken a step in the right direction and we hope other manufacturers will follow suit.

So, lets not kill the moment by taking about death, as anyway we have all born to Die!
SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 16:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Why do most people only see how quick Superbikes go from 0 to 100 kmph, and not the other way around. Do you realize how much more exponentially stable a Superbike would be over an overshot pothole compared to say a Karizma? Riding / driving anything on public road requires the same skill set, the greatest skill being reminding yourself that its a public road and not a race track
Actually, I feel that a fast bike on our streets can be safer than the wheezing 100 cc commuters. Besides the fact that these fast bikes have better equipment and are dynamically sorted, these bikes allow me to define my place in traffic and not the other way round

I cant prove this statistically, but most 2 wheeler accidents I have heard of is a car hitting it from behind. Think about it, how often have you heard the phrase "gaadi waala uda gaya ussko"? Most of these commuter bikes are at ease chugging along at 60KPH or thereabouts; 80 at best. Almost every car on our street can and does outrun them without a fuss

On a fast bike, I can easily "get away" from these 4 wheeled morons and am easily faster than the pace of the traffic around me. And as wrong as this may sound, being faster than the traffic is actually a good thing ..... Fun too

Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 18:30   #30
Team-BHP Support

what to say , CKD number plate bracket , probably saree guard is still missing

They could have got something better done surely

source ::forward via what's app in riding group.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-7c7c301eb184e19eaab7cf0ab3511bf8.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th March 2016 at 18:31.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks