Old 15th March 2017, 19:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
Wider spec Michelins this time:
120/70 front
and 160/60 in the rear.

Torque is increased to 65NM (up from 59NM)
The engine has a higher compression ratio of 12:1 (up from 11:1).

Wider Michelin Tyres (120/70 front, 160/60 rear) - earlier ones wore MRFs.

The front suspension gets new 43 mm upside down forks and dual shocks in the rear. Both front & rear offer increased travel.
The bike is shorter in length by 85 mm, and the wheelbase has been shrunk by 10 mm.
Correct, The upgrades are substantial.
These should have been the HD street in the first place.

A 1lac premium is easily justified for these essential additions.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 20:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs

I really wish they launch the 500cc version of this. The made in India Street 500 has not been launched in India, while it is being exported - maybe to protect the Brand value, or to stay clear of the Royal Enfield territory. I was never really bothered, as I din't like the cruiser seating and the rear end style of the street, but this Street-Rod really looks hot !
Old 15th March 2017, 21:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
A 1lac premium is easily justified for these essential additions.
Absolutely! Oh yes, lets include the improved GC too.
And the best part is, HD has either enhanced or at least retained the good aspects of Street 750, while working on the weaker points.

This avatar has brought Street 750 in the leagues of ER-6N (for its practicality and improved agility), and in few aspects it has bettered the latter (read ABS).

I wish HD improves the "classic" Street 750.
Old 22nd March 2017, 00:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

The first ride reviews are coming up:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...de-review.html

https://rideapart.com/articles/ride-...rod-riding-fun

Boy! Did they mess up the ergos??

PS: Got a call from Tusker Harley, Bangalore. StreetRod is proced at 7.4L Bangalore. This might be with the new increased tax! Way more that what I expected from the 5.8L ex-showroom price.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 22nd March 2017 at 00:11.
man_of_steel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 20:32   #20
BHPian

Well I strolled by the HD showroom in Promenade Mall, Delhi and couldn't resist looking at the beauty. I was quoted 6.71 on road with a waiting period of about a month.

Now I've just bought a Dominar. Anyone interested?

I soooo wanna get this machine.

Regarding the ergos, yes I feel it'll take a bit while for a rider to get used to the riding stance.

Last edited by bullet_chacha : 12th April 2017 at 20:34. Reason: quoted price updated
Old 16th April 2017, 18:27   #21
BHPian

The waiting period is different for different color options.
Black is easily available. Other two colors has a longer waiting period.
Old 20th April 2017, 10:34   #22
BHPian

Singapore first ride reports started coming in

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2017-har...t-ride-review/
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/auto/st.../1/932835.html
Old 22nd April 2017, 19:48   #23
BHPian

I test rode the Harley Street Rod today and it was a mixed bag.

TLR version
+Braking top notch
+Suspension top notch
+Comfortable seat
+Super torquey engine
+Smooth gearshifts
+Love the ground clearance

-The riding position is awful for a place like Bombay, where you're stuck in traffic most of the time. Definitely not an urban bike as far as India is concerned
-The engine heats up and how. It was so so so so bad that I couldn't put my left leg down in traffic.
-The pedals are made for midgets. Seriously. My size 10 shoe couldn't fit on it.

This is the bike that Harley ought to have built when it came out with the Street 750.

The dealer said the bike had been doing test rides all day, but that doesn't excuse the heat. My left inner thigh was literally touching the engine head and it was scalded.

When I got back on to the Bonnie, it felt relaxing.

The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs-1492870632293.jpg

The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs-1492870656714.jpg

Got some TLC for the bonnie after, and had her gleaming

The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs-1492870685349.jpg

Conclusion:

This bike isn't meant for people over 5.5 feet tall and that pillion seat will see tons of upgrades if you want to retain your significant other.

I was really disappointed with the Street Rod, and that engine heat killed it for me. I want a bike that's comfortable for all day riding and tandoori thigh isn't the best way to go.

Apologies if I've offended anyone.

Last edited by djpeesh : 22nd April 2017 at 19:50.
djpeesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 01:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I test rode the Harley Street Rod today and it was a mixed bag.

TLR version
+Braking top notch
+Suspension top notch
+Comfortable seat
+Super torquey engine
+Smooth gearshifts
+Love the ground clearance

-The riding position is awful for a place like Bombay, where you're stuck in traffic most of the time. Definitely not an urban bike as far as India is concerned
-The engine heats up and how. It was so so so so bad that I couldn't put my left leg down in traffic.
-The pedals are made for midgets. Seriously. My size 10 shoe couldn't fit on it.

My left inner thigh was literally touching the engine head and it was scalded.
Exactly the point OD's Schumi also made when he did a live FB video of his first impression after about 100kms. The left thigh too close to the rear Cylinder head he said.
Otherwise, the bike seems to be a substantial improvement on the old 750
Old 23rd April 2017, 02:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Exactly the point OD's Schumi also made when he did a live FB video of his first impression after about 100kms. The left thigh too close to the rear Cylinder head he said.
Otherwise, the bike seems to be a substantial improvement on the old 750
Haven't seen Schumi's review. Mine was barely 5-6 kms so I can't compare my impressions to those extensive ones by bike gurus.

OT Everytime I go looking for a bike that could potentially replace the Bonnie, I come back disappointed. If only there was a way to fit abs, I'd never even go looking for a replacement
Old 27th April 2017, 23:00   #26
BHPian

Aside from the heat issue from the rear-cylinder (which I think can be remedied to a good extent with some well designed DIY heat insulation material), this surely looks like a very well put together bike, ironing out most of the shortfalls of the earlier 750.

If you are not into the whole brotherhood, pins & patches business and rather want to go and explore the country, this looks like a very good entry level bike from HD. IMPO, more enjoyable for the solo adventurer and very confidence inspiring for the vertically challenged riders as well.

OD's first ride review is here:

Haroon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 11:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are not into the whole brotherhood, pins & patches business and rather want to go and explore the country
Surprised why Shumi did not mention anything about the ergos. So that means he was more or less comfortable on it. This kind of surprises me as almost all of the international media reviewers were pointing their fingers at the cramped seating geometry and awkward leg position which gets uncomfortable after a while. While looking at people riding it, I got the same impression. Not sure how comfortable it will be after a couple of hours in the saddle. Anyway, gotta take a TR to confirm my thoughts.

PS: Kind of lost interest after getting to know the OTR pricing in BLR. It's in the north of 7.5 Lakhs the last time I enquired. The Z650 just blows it out of competition in so many ways with a price tag cheaper by a lakh or more!
man_of_steel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 14:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Surprised why Shumi did not mention anything about the ergos. So that means he was more or less comfortable on it. This kind of surprises me as almost all of the international media reviewers were pointing their fingers at the cramped seating geometry and awkward leg position which gets uncomfortable after a while. While looking at people riding it, I got the same impression. Not sure how comfortable it will be after a couple of hours in the saddle. Anyway, gotta take a TR to confirm my thoughts.

PS: Kind of lost interest after getting to know the OTR pricing in BLR. It's in the north of 7.5 Lakhs the last time I enquired. The Z650 just blows it out of competition in so many ways with a price tag cheaper by a lakh or more!
Havent ridden the bike so cant comment more, but yes, the Street 750 or even the Triumph Street Twin etc are not the most comfortable touring bikes for Taller riders and thats why I specifically mentioned solo rider (you can do some flexing or make changes to seat, handlebar etc) and also easier to handle for the vertically challenged. In the HD line up this is a good overall bike coz, the front fork angle has been reduced for sharper handling, the footpeg has been moved a little behind than the regular 750 for a more sportier stance AND 'this Harley' comes stock with USD forks, twin discs, ABS etc so as a motorcycle its more appealing to me than a lifestyle product and the V-Twin torque delivery to some will be more appealing than the N650's parallel twin torque. Thats subjective ofcourse.

Fully agree with you on the atrocious pricing in Bangalore, which is very unfair to us KA riders
Haroon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 17:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Havent ridden the bike so cant comment more, but yes, the Street 750 or even the Triumph Street Twin etc are not the most comfortable touring bikes for Taller riders and thats why I specifically mentioned solo rider (you can do some flexing or make changes to seat, handlebar etc) and also easier to handle for the vertically challenged. In the HD line up this is a good overall bike coz, the front fork angle has been reduced for sharper handling, the footpeg has been moved a little behind than the regular 750 for a more sportier stance AND 'this Harley' comes stock with USD forks, twin discs, ABS etc so as a motorcycle its more appealing to me than a lifestyle product and the V-Twin torque delivery to some will be more appealing than the N650's parallel twin torque. Thats subjective ofcourse.
I've ridden both and there's a difference of chalk and cheese between the two. The N650 is sublime. It's more sporty than its earlier avatar, but at least the previous Ninja was an all day cruiser with a butter like engine.

The Harley has an engine that will fry your thunder thighs into butter and the ergos are way off. Impossible to ride in Indian traffic.

That's a shame because the bits and pieces are amazing.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 08:19   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you are not into the whole brotherhood, pins & patches business
.....That's a seriously funny business!

Good to know that except the ergonomics, new 750 is a vastly improved bike. This is the only bike that I like from Harley stable as it's a smooth & fast machine. However, it's cramped size, heating issues and dreadful brakes it was not a great choice for many folks

Ergo's are like color to some extent. It's dependent on individual size and personalities and some might get adjusted and some might not.

If that effects the handling and overall riding experience then it's bad news

Let's see how well this new model is accepted in our market!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks