Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2017, 19:39   #31
BHPian

Re: The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs

I took delivery of my Street Rod charcoal denim today. Will give a detailed update soon.
manojas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 19:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
I took delivery of my Street Rod charcoal denim today. Will give a detailed update soon.
Many Congratulations manojas and welcome to the Harley family. Did you get the heat shields installed by any chance? Hoping to hear the detailed review from the horse's mouth. Wishing you many years of happy and safe riding.

Cheers...
Old 4th May 2017, 20:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Many Congratulations manojas and welcome to the Harley family. Did you get the heat shields installed by any chance? Hoping to hear the detailed review from the horse's mouth. Wishing you many years of happy and safe riding.

Cheers...
Thanks dkaile.
No. I haven't installed any heat Shields.
I just don't know how severe the heart issue as of now. Being a news bike, there is no trustable information available yet.

In the short ride from showroom to home through heavy traffic, I didn't find any issues.
manojas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:10   #34
BHPian

Saw the bike at Harley Davidson - Capital Showroom at Vasant Kunj. The white color model was looking awesome and somewhat different from other bikes as usually we dont see a white color Harley Davidson. Fell in love with it and now planning to buy it soon. Now i am seeing a lot of reviews and the many people are finding the drawback of engine heat on the left leg. Need suggestions and feedbacks of you all.
Attached Thumbnails
The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs-img_4031.jpg  

Old 24th November 2017, 20:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetghai1978 View Post
Saw the bike at Harley Davidson - Capital Showroom at Vasant Kunj. The white color model was looking awesome and somewhat different from other bikes as usually we dont see a white color Harley Davidson. Fell in love with it and now planning to buy it soon. Now i am seeing a lot of reviews and the many people are finding the drawback of engine heat on the left leg. Need suggestions and feedbacks of you all.

There is a Mid-Frame Air Deflector (as shown below) that is available for the bigger Harleys but I dont think its available for the Street 750. Probably you will have to get one custom fabricated with some heat-insulation sheet stuck inside to keep the heat from reaching your lower thighs.
Attached Thumbnails
The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs-hddeflector.jpg  

Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 14:08   #36
Team-BHP Support

Street Rod gets a price reduction of 48k. To be priced at 5.59L onwards.

https://www.cartoq.com/harley-davids...-donald-trump/
Old 7th May 2018, 12:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Street Rod gets a price reduction of 48k. To be priced at 5.59L onwards.

https://www.cartoq.com/harley-davids...-donald-trump/
They have again increased the prices post April 1. The Street Rod which was less than 6 lakhs ex showroom in Pune is now 6.55 lakhs ex showroom Pune. I checked the on-road prices with the dealer in Pune and they mention it as 8 lakhs on-road.

Aren't the Street 750 and the Street Rod 750 manufactured in Bawal plant in India? Or these are currently assembled thorugh CKD route now?

6.55 lakhs ex showroom at 12 percent road tax and assuming insurance is 20K still makes the bike's on-road price in 7.5 lakhs range. No idea why the dealer mentions a 8 lakh price range.
Old 20th June 2018, 12:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Is the Red Iron Denim color still being manufactured for the Street Rod?

A friend of mine had booked and paid for the same color at the Indiranagar Tusker Harley branch and it was supposed to be delivered this weekend. Now they say that color is not being made anymore and to opt for a different color.

They have been beating around the bush since couple of weeks regarding the color and discouraging him from that color since it is a matt finish which is difficult to maintain and now they say it is not made anymore., when just yesterday they said the truck carrying his bike is delayed enroute.
All this after taking the fuil amount and not informing him about the un-availability of the color.

Is there a email ID to escalate this issue since the showroom does not seem to be keen on giving him the color he wants although he is ready to wait.
Old 23rd November 2019, 22:14   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
Thanks dkaile.
No. I haven't installed any heat Shields.
I just don't know how severe the heart issue as of now. Being a news bike, there is no trustable information available yet.

In the short ride from showroom to home through heavy traffic, I didn't find any issues.
Hi do you still own the street rod? hows it now any feedbacks? street rod caught my attention off late and is looking forward to own it
Old 27th April 2022, 16:25   #40
BHPian

Hi friends, one of my colleague is about to close a deal on a pre owned 2018 Street Rod. Can anyone please throw some light on spares availability or any issue to look out for?
Old 6th May 2022, 18:15   #41
BHPian

Finally my colleague has booked and paid up the booking amount for a 2018 pre worshipped Street Rod in an almost immaculate condition, few pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220505-4.27.25-pm.jpeg  

The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220502-11.14.59-am.jpeg  

The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220502-11.15.18-am.jpeg  

Old 6th May 2022, 18:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Finally my colleague has booked and paid up the booking amount for a 2018 pre worshipped Street Rod in an almost immaculate condition, few pictures attached.
Congrats to your friend ! I had seen your query but unfortunately had nothing to contribute as I have never purchased a used superbike before. Spare parts availability is slowing getting to be a concern I have heard but the regular spare parts like oil filter, air filter etc should be easily available since there was a decent amount of Street Rods sold in India.
bf1983 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 20:37   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Congrats to your friend! Hope he doesn’t get his thighs roasted as is usually the complaint with these Harleys. Did they sort these out?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 20:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
Spare parts availability is slowing getting to be a concern I have heard but the regular spare parts like oil filter, air filter etc should be easily available since there was a decent amount of Street Rods sold in India.
They want people to believe things like oil filters are specific to each bike, but the same k&n 204 goes on many bikes and cars. I have been buying my oil filter from the car section of auto parts shop for 20 years now. Very likely the same spec filter is used on other cars and bikes, and is available forever.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 12:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Congrats to your friend! Hope he doesn’t get his thighs roasted as is usually the complaint with these Harleys. Did they sort these out?
I have been riding the Street Rod since last two days, and boy indeed its a thigh roaster
One thing that got me worried, is, last evening in terrible bumper to bumper traffic, the bike gets very very hot, so in the next signal after about 30 mins of bumper to bumper riding, I switch off the ignition, dial down the key to save battery discharge and wait for the signal to turn green. Now when I wanted to fire up the bike, it just would not start and the check engine light stayed on. After taking some advice from the guys we bought the bike from, we decided to let the bike cool down on the side after switching off completely and waited for 20 mins. After cooling it down (which happens pretty fast), the bike came to life at one thumbing. After this incident, as soon as I see a traffic light red for > 15 seconds, I kept switching off the bike. I had to do this at about 5 to 6 signals before reaching home, and never had the same trouble again. But the thing is, the check engine light is now permanently on.
I need to take her up to the SVC as soon as possible and get it diagnosed. My guess is, probably me or my friend, ended frying up some sensor during the initial ownership time when we were not privy to these points to be taken of.

Any similar experience by fellow BHP-ians?

Last edited by arpanjha : 19th May 2022 at 12:15. Reason: Spelling mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks