Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2019, 14:17   #91
BHPian

Re: Suzuki GSX-S750 launched at 7.45L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Hi GoBlue,

Congrats on picking up the GSX-S750. The White & Blue combo looks refreshing.
Hey, Sats.
Thanks!

Quote:
As to your queries:
Clutch - with the 2018 models the clutch was a bit hard, so the Clutch Cable was re-lubed, adjusted apart from adjusting the pulley pin on the left side above the engine case, which provided a bit of relief. But you will get used to it in no time. Only hassle would be in bumper to bumper traffic. I am also looking at the Easy Clutch system from Prospec, Bangalore. Will revert once I get it...
Yes, the clutch is a bother only in B2B traffic conditions. It isn't a problem on open roads.

I am exploring options to reduce the weight of the clutch. Magura makes excellent hydraulic clutch levers, thinking of giving it a try. They are pretty expensive though, and require regular maintenance along with fluid top-ups, hence looking at other alternatives.
Moose Racing makes easy-clutch-pull devices, similar in concept to the Prospec one, but has a much smaller form factor and costs lesser than Prospec.

Do let me know if the Prospec Easy Clutch works as expected.

Quote:
3M PPF - Had the complete bike scanned and got the PPF pre-cut for the bike. Cost around 5.5K for the complete bike except the lower engine spoiler.

Windscreen - I installed the Puig Street variant. Looks cool and wind blast protection upto 140+ KMPH, for higher speeds tucking in helps. The touring variant looks a bit ungainly but might provide better wind protection. Look at this variant only if you are going to be doing too many high mileage touring jaunts. If you are only installing a wind screen for looks Aliexpress has much cheaper options within 3K.
Okay, thanks.

Quote:
Have added a few more things to my Predator:
- Adjustable Clutch & Brake Levers - Colour coded to my bike
- Radiator Guard
- Grip Puppies - Handlebar grips
- Handlebar Riser - yet to be installed
- EaziGrips on the sides for gripping the bike - Yet to be installed

The intoxicating howl post 4.5 - 5K rev's is addictive from the inline 4 butter smooth mill and the OE exhaust, so do take care & ride safe...
Which levers did you go for? There are so many aftermarket options in levers for this Suzuki, that it becomes difficult to choose sometimes. Do post some pics of the bike with the new levers.

I have planned to install a bar-riser as well. The stock riding position leaves a lot to be desired. I think the rider triangle on the S750 has been designed for taller folks who prefer aggressive riding with a lot of cornering. I intend to change this as it's proving to be uncomfortable to ride due to the weight on the wrists. A more upfront seating position would do wonders to the riding experience on this bike.
Planning to install lowering links for the same. There would be a 40mm reduction in the seat height.

Quote:
The intoxicating howl post 4.5 - 5K rev's is addictive from the inline 4 butter smooth mill and the OE exhaust, so do take care & ride safe...
IMHO the butter smooth engine, slick gearbox and magnificent stock exhaust of this bike is a combination that is unparalleled in the sub-10 lac street naked segment. The value proposition of this bike is unmatched.

I am yet to take the bike past 5k RPM as it's being run-in, but once it gets past 4k, the intake growl and exhaust sound so good!

I wonder if there are roads in our country on which the higher end of the RPM range could be enjoyed, so that's stuff meant for the track perhaps, whenever an opportunity presents itself. We in MH have the misfortune of being deprived of easy access to track-days. But one can always hope.

Mod Note: BHPian TRR's Suzuki GSX-S750 Ownership Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 14th January 2022 at 11:24. Reason: Link to ownership review added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks