Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2007, 12:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

gajak, around that price you can look for an early 90 s zx 6r, zzr 600, zx 7r, probably early 90 s gsxr 750, or newer 400 s aka cbr 400 rr or a zzr 400. the cbr 400 s in the country are mostly 92-95 ones, but all dealers claim them to 97-98 etc.
if you re good with naked bikes, honda superfour would make a good motorcycle as well.

manson.
Old 6th January 2007, 14:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
gajak, around that price you can look for an early 90 s zx 6r, zzr 600, zx 7r, probably early 90 s gsxr 750, or newer 400 s aka cbr 400 rr or a zzr 400.
hey gajakesari, check this one:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...br-600-f3.html
Old 6th January 2007, 19:47   #18

Here is the pic of the ZXE 600 i mentioned before
Old 8th January 2007, 09:23   #19

After the second round discussion he told he can come upto 2,25,000/- . I started negotiating from 1.8 L...Nego is going on.

I thought anywhere between 2 L and 2.1 L is ok for me. Is it a right price or shall I nego more. He says it can clock the top speed of 170 Km/ph.

Also the vehicle is KL (Kerala) registration. According to him all paper work to transfer it from KL to Karnataka is over and all he need to get the registration number.

Also Left side indicator is broken.
Old 8th January 2007, 13:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

registering a bike to KA one gonna be a bit costly.Is the bike frm Cochin?
Old 11th January 2007, 13:17   #21

Today i am going for a final round of discussion. Please can u guyz let me know the checks that i should make before finalizing.

I have listed few. Please remind me some more...

1)Insurance, RC book, import details (i dont know what all it contains )etc.
2)Check for any leaks
3)Check for all lights, etc....Please add some more...Help me!
Old 11th January 2007, 13:30   #22
BHPian

also include the following in your list.
1) paintjobs - even or uneven paint jobs
2) look at the chassis for bends - its easier said than done to repair a bent chassis
3) look at the tyres, if they are claimed to be original, You should be able to figure out the year of manufacture of the bike
4) check for model year and import year - these are mostly different in second hand imports
5) Look at the import papers and check the port of entry, date, signature etc - if you know someone in registration office, get the details for the bike cleared
6) talk to the mechanic who does regular servicing for the bike - most of them lie if theres something covered up and you can figure it from the talk
7) ask for a ride - ride it for 2+kms to let the initial excitement go away and check if it handles better, if it sways at high speed or you see wobbling, signs of distress
8) let the guy know You arent desperate but willing to buy on a proper deal - most of them would understand not to just bully You
Old 11th January 2007, 13:31   #23
Team-BHP Support

- check the fairings for signs of damage/repainting. If so, see why it was done.
- Match the chassis & engine numbers to that in the RC book
- Check for the bill of entry, amount of duty paid. This should be noted in the RC book (atleast it is here in Maharashtra)
- Take a long ride, in heavy traffic. This will heat up the bike well, and bring out any problems
- check the forks for leaky seals
- Check the headers for leaks
- Listen to the engine carefully for excessive valve noise and a loose camchain
- Check that the gauges are working and the trip meters as well (the ZZR has 2)
- lift up the seat and take a look under for anything unusual (you should know it if you see it!)
Old 11th January 2007, 13:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Look for sprocket wear at the rear .
Look for the disks at front and rear , it will show u some wearout , it should give an idea how the bike is driven and maitained , also look for disk pads and tyre wearouts .

Just ask why does is he giving out the bike ? ...his reply will tell whether the bike is being pushed to you or sold to you

Last edited by black12rr : 11th January 2007 at 13:47.
Old 12th January 2007, 09:04   #25

Hey,

That bike has a problem in gear shifting. It creates lot of noise while shifting gears. Latlatlatlatlaaaaaaaaakakkkkkk.....The sound resembles old hero puch gear shifting sound. Regarding import duty papers he told he told it is with RTO and he does not have a xerox copy of that. First he refused to give me a ride and then he gave me.. thats it...What is the reason for that horrible sound?? While riding there is no problem. The engine is smooth. I clocked 140...Brakes are good. The only pronlem i noticed is gear shifting...all gears are having the same problem.....
Old 16th January 2007, 12:29   #26

Ya it was from cochin. Do you know the history of the bike??? juzz curious..
Old 16th January 2007, 12:31   #27

I am looking for a 400cc-600cc superbike. please let me know if you come across any. my budget is little less 2.2 L to 2.5 L+ . I am in Bangalore. you can also mail me to gajakesari@gmail.com
Old 23rd January 2007, 16:35   #28

for a bike to make that latlatlatlatak taktatak taktak taktataktatak noise thers sumthing really wrong with the gearbox....forget it dude...go for sum other bike.
Old 8th May 2019, 17:19   #29
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki ZZR 400

What're the chances of finding one up for sale in 2019 eh? If even settle for a 250!!
Old 8th May 2019, 19:03   #30
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki ZZR 400

Why do you want to go for such a older generation model whose import records are grey and there are no proper documentations? You can get all kinds of superbikes starting at 2 lakhs in pre-owned market.
hema4saran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks